A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Jun 21, 2013 - Staff
A son was born to Allison Quiver, of Fort Washakie, at 1:37 a.m. June 11, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
A son was born to Allison Quiver, of Fort Washakie, at 1:37 a.m. June 11, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 6 ounces.
A son was born to Shea Wondercheck and Corey Daniels, of Riverton, at 2:01 p.m. May 26, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 2 ounces.
Carol Comes, 80, died Tuesday, June 18, at home. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Monday, June 24, at Shoshoni Community Presbyterian Church. Graveside services will follow at the Shoshoni Lakeview Cemetery.
James Chapin Downey, 82, formerly of Riverton, died Thursday, June 20. Services are at 10 a.m. Tuesday, June 25, at the Rigby LDS Stake Center in Rigby, Idaho. Visitation is 7 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Monday, June 24, and from 9 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. Tuesday, June 25, at the church. Burial will be in the Rigby Pioneer Cemetery. Services are under the direction of Eckersell Memorial Chapel in Rigby, Idaho.
Badlands Geology Trek is at 1 p.m. in Dubois. Event is free. For more information, call 455-2284.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Edward Brown, 54, of Lander, was arrested for public intoxication at about 9 p.m. Thursday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Wesley Saxton, 57, of Riverton, was arrested for felony driving under the influence early Friday.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Robert Lapeyre, 26, of Dubois, was arrested for false imprisonment, simple assault and breach of peace.
- During this timeframe the FCSO took 76 calls for service. County ambulances were dispatched 18 times, and area fire departments responded to four calls for help. Four people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges including two alcohol-related charges, one felony and six misdemeanors. The center currently is responsible for 162 inmates including 143 at the facility, 13 in substance abuse treatment programs, three on home detention and three elsewhere.
- Grantor: MCMICHAEL CINDY K Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERVIEW TERRACE SUB RI Lot: 10 Block: 7 Cit... Grantee: RABB MARK, RABB MIRANDA
- Grantor: WILSON FLORA JEAN Legal: Quarter: SESE Section: 7 Township: 3n Range: 2e Grantee: SCHROCK JODY, SCHROCK MELBA
- Grantor: CARSON DEAN B, CARSON DIANE B Legal: Sub/Mine: COUNTRY CLUB ACRES ADD AMENDED RI Lot: 40 Cit... Grantee: WEICHERT RELOCATION RESOURCES INC, JOHNSON STEVEN B, JOHNSON MICHELE L
- Grantor: WYOMING COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY Legal: Sub/Mine: SUNSET 3RD ADD LA Lot: 10 Block: 7 City: LANDER Grantee: NORRIS SUZANNE R
- Grantor: PITT DE ETTE MARIA, PITT GARY W Legal: Quarter: NWSE Section: 10 Township: 31N Range: 97W Grantee: MEADE RONNIE JOE, MEADE RHONDA
- Grantor: BROSSMAN DANIEL W, BROSSMAN HAZEL M Legal: Sub/Mine: JONES SUB LA Lot: 3 Block: 2 City: LANDER, Sub/Mine: JONES SUB LA Lot: 4 Block: 2 City: LANDER, Grantee: MOUNTAIN RIDGE PROPERTIES LLC
- Grantor: SCHELL TIMOTHY N, CLARK KAREN L REVOCABLE LIVING TRUST Legal: Sub/Mine: PAINTED HILLS ESTATES #1 DU Lot: 36 City: DUB... Grantee: EBEL MELISSIA D
- Grantor: CLEARY DIANE S TRUSTEE, CLEARY DIANE S LIVING TRUST Legal: Sub/Mine: WEST VIEW PARK ADD #1 DU Lot: 18 City: DUBOIS Grantee: CLEARY DIANE S
- Grantor: WHITEHURST JERRY A , WHITEHURST CAROL A Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERVIEW HEIGHTS 2ND ADD RI Lot: 63 City: RI... Grantee: WHITEHURST ANDREW R , WHITEHURST CHRISTY D
- Groom: MCINTRYE JOHN ALLEN Bride: BURT LINDA LOVADA
- Groom: RAMOS SERGIO JUNIOR Bride: CRIPPEN RANDEE RAELYN
- Groom: SANCHEZ BRUNO EZEKIEL JORGE IV Bride: HILL CRYSTAL LYNN
- Groom: CUKJATI GARY LEE Bride: TUOHY ELIZABETH ANNE Notes: 2002 MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE