A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Jun 25, 2013 - Staff
Floyd Jaramillo 71, of Riverton, died Monday, June 24, at his home. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, June ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
Floyd Jaramillo 71, of Riverton, died Monday, June 24, at his home. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, June 29, at the Way of the Cross Church with Pastor Keith Williams officiating. Burial will follow at Mountain View Cemetery with military honors.
Dr. Malachi "Mal" Miller, 54, of Lander, died this weekend at his home. Celebration of life services will be in July.
Medford "Med" Shakespeare, 52, of Riverton, died Friday, June 21, at the Wyoming Medical Center in Casper. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday, June 26, at Blue Sky Hall in Ethete. Father Phil Wagner will officiate. Burial will be in the Shakespeare Cemetery. A rosary will be at 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 25, at Eagle Hall and a wake will follow at 1450 Quiver Lane.
Shriner's Circus Kids Parade is at 10 a.m. from the Elks parking lot to the parking lot on South Fifth Street and East Washington Avenue, Riverton. Cash prizes will be awarded. Participants should line up for judging by 9:30 a.m. in the Elks parking lot. For more information, call the Riverton Chamber of Commerce at 856-4801.
56th Shriner's Circus is at 2 p.m. at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 1010 Fairgrounds Drive, Riverton.
Eagle Spirit Dancers is at 7 p.m. at the Museum of the American West, 1445 Main St., Lander.
The Trial of Joe McCarthy is at 7 p.m. at Lander Middle School, 755 Jefferson St., Lander. A reception and book signing by Rodger McDaniel, author of "Dying for Joe McCarthy's Sins: The Suicide of Wyoming Senator Lester Hunt" will follow. The event is free and open to the public. Donations are appreciated.
56th Shriner's Circus is at 7:30 p.m. at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 1010 Fairgrounds Drive, Riverton. Adult tickets are $5 and are available at the gate. For more information, call the Riverton Chamber of Commerce at 856-4801.
Open Jam and Karaoke is 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at The Forge, 202 Main St., Lander.
Author Talk with Marjane Ambler is at 7 p.m. at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave. Ambler will speak about her book "Yellowstone Has Teeth," a memoir of living year-round in the national park. For more information, call 856-3556.
Bear Spray 101 Class With Biologist Diane Probasco is at 7 p.m. at the Dennison Lodge, 909 W. Ramshorn St., Dubois.
Never Sweat Chuck Wagon Dinner is at 7 p.m. across from the Welty General Store in Dubois. Tickets are available at the gate or by calling 690-9156.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Kenneth Shakespeare, 27, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 1 p.m. Friday in the 200 block of North Ninth Street East.
- Scott Wood, 37, of Lander, was arrested on a Sweetwater County warrant for resisting arrest at about 4:20 p.m. Friday in the 900 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Dana Eagle, 36, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 10:30 p.m. Friday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- A 17-year-old Arapahoe girl was arrested for driving under the influence at about 6:45 a.m. Saturday in the 2600 block of Peck Avenue.
- Cheryl Willow, 53, of Ethete, was arrested on two warrants for failure to appear at about 7:45 p.m. Saturday at Walmart.
- Lawrence Jenkins, 31, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 1:45 a.m. Sunday in the 100 block of South Second Street East.
- Heather Hill, 18, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 3:20 a.m. Sunday on Blackfoot Avenue.
- Timothy Mons, 48, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence assault at about 12:15 a.m. Monday in the 700 block of Eagle Drive.
- William Topaum, 35, of Ethete, was arrested for tampering with a vehicle and on a warrant for failure to appear at about 2:30 a.m. Monday in the 200 block of North Federal Boulevard.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Abigail White, 21, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for bond revocation just before 6 p.m. Friday on Wyoming Highway 789 just north of Gas Hills Road in Riverton.
- Troy Fasthorse, 21, was cited for battery against another male inmate at about 3:20 p.m. Friday at the Fremont County Detention Center in Lander.
- Denzyl Brown, 20, of Shoshoni, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear. He reportedly turned himself in at about 7:30 a.m. Monday at the Fremont County Sheriff's Office in Lander.
- John Laster, 26, of Shoshoni, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance and probation violation. Probation officers reportedly showed up at about 11 p.m. Monday at Laster's residence in the 100 block of Main Street in Shoshoni. When they arrived, the agents said there were several subjects at the home, and the officers said they could smell marijuana in the house.
- A resident in the 100 block of the Burris Lenore Road in Crowheart reported Saturday that 30 bales of her hay were stolen in the early morning of June 16.
- Deputies were called at about 4:40 a.m. Sunday to the Maverik Country Store in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard in Riverton to help a man who reportedly was bleeding in the store's bathroom. People on scene thought the man was the victim of an assault, but officials said he had punched a glass entertainment center, causing several lacerations to his hands.
- The United States Forest Service called dispatchers at about 5:45 p.m. Sunday to report that a bear on U.S. Highway 26 near Dubois was "causing a traffic jam."
- Deputies responded just before 11 p.m. Saturday to reports of a fight at the Rustic Pine Tavern in Dubois. According to initial reports, five or six people were outside of the bar fighting, and two people appeared to be "knocked out." Officials said two people were involved and citations could be issued pending a further investigation.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center has taken 220 calls for service including one involving a motor vehicle accident reporting property damage. County ambulances were dispatched 59 times, and area fire departments responded to 16 calls for help. Twenty people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges including two for driving under the influence, five on other alcohol-related charges, one on a felony charge and 33 on misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 164 inmates including 144 at the facility, 14 in substance abuse treatment programs, three on home detention and three elsewhere.