News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Jul 3, 2013 - Staff
Vietnam Vets Motorcycle Club Memorial Parade, Observance, Service is July 5 to July 7. Events begin at 5 p.m. July 5 at Edness Kimball Wilkins State Park. They resume at 6 a.m. July 6 at VFW Post 10969, 4693 W. Yellowstone Highway, Mills. The group will depart for Lander at 9 a.m. with an ETA at 5 p.m. The parade will line up at 9 a.m. July 7 at the Shopko parking lot. The parade will start at 10 a.m. and travel to the Wyoming Veterans Memorial at the Fremont County Courthouse on North Second Street.
Lander Valley High School Class of 1983 30th Class Reunion is July 5 to July 6 in Lander. Dinner is at 5:30 p.m. July 5 at the Lander Elks Lodge. The family picnic is at 11 a.m. July 6 at Drill Field. Cost for both events is $35 a person. A float also will be in the parade. Money can be sent to Jenny Green, 440 Bellvue in Lander. Call 330-8907 for more information.
Fremont County Vocational High School 50th Class Reunion is July 5 to July 6 in Lander. A brunch will be in the morning July 5 and a dinner will be that evening at the Inn at Lander Best Western. A picnic will be at noon July 6 in Lander City Park. For more information, call Butch Lichty at 335-5486 or John Boulette at 332-1517.
Lander Valley High School Class of 1973 40th Class Reunion is July 5 to July 6 in Lander. Glorified hors d'oeuvres and cash bar will be at 6 p.m. at The Middle Fork, 351 Main St. Class photo is at 7:30 p.m. A golf scramble will be July 6 with a picnic at 1 p.m. at Dillon Park. Cost is $25 a person (golf fees additional). Money can be sent to LVHS 1973, 310 Indian Lookout Drive, Lander, WY 82520. For more information, contact Donna Miller Connell at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or 349-1752.
Joe Diffie Concert, presented by the City of Lander, is at 6 p.m. at the Lander Outdoor Theater, 350 Baldwin Creek Road, Lander. Gates open at 5 p.m. Tickets are $35 and are available at Lander City Hall, KTAK Radio in Riverton, KDLY/KOVE Radio in Lander and at http://goo.gl/vHzgo.
Rodeo is at 8 p.m. at the Clarence Allison Memorial Arena in Dubois.
Historic Ranches Tour is at 9 a.m. at the Dubois Museum, 909 W. Ramshorn St., Dubois. Tickets and reservations are required. For more information, call 455-2284.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Travis C'Hair, 18, of St. Stephen's, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant, possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) and probation revocation at about 11:50 p.m. Monday in the 2000 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Lilly Washington, 43, of Riverton, was arrested on a municipal warrant at about 1:45 a.m. Tuesday in the 400 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- William Topaum, 35, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication at about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 500 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Vincent Yellowbear, 52, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 9:15 a.m. Tuesday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Benjamin Piper, 48, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant at about 7:15 p.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
•Q94;A 15-year-old Riverton girl was issued a misdemeanor citation for minor in possession of alcohol at about 11:40 p.m. Tuesday in the 100 block of Apache Avenue. Officials said she had assaulted a 44-year-old man in the area and then left the scene. The man reportedly suffered minor injuries due to scratches and slaps. Just before 1 a.m. Wednesday police were called to nearby Shoshone Drive for reports that an intoxicated juvenile was having difficulty standing. The 15-year-old was the subject of the medical assist. She was cited and released with her promise to appear in court at a later date.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Chrystal Felter, 28, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence and reckless endangering at about 6 a.m. Tuesday in the 300 block of Velma Jo Drive in Riverton. According to initial reports, her boyfriend said she "pulled a knife on him." His shirt was torn, according to a neighbor, and he seemed to have suffered scratches. Officials said it is alleged Felter assaulted a man then threatened him with a knife.
- Edward Soundingsides, 29, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence and no valid driver's license at about 5 p.m. Tuesday on Left Hand Ditch Road near Arapahoe. According to initial reports, Soundingsides "drank a gallon of alcohol" before driving his blue Chevy truck toward Riverton.
- Miguel Verley, 42, of Pavillion, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance and no valid driver's license at about 12:10 a.m. Wednesday at the intersection of U.S. Highway 26 and Eight Mile Road. Reports state he was in possession of methamphetamine.
A 1976 Dodge pickup truck was reported stolen at about 5:10 p.m. Tuesday from the 200 block of Peckham Lane in Riverton.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center has taken 81 calls for service, including one involving a motor vehicle accident. County ambulances were dispatched 18 times, and area fire departments responded to three calls for help. Eight people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges including one for driving under the influence, two other alcohol-related charges, one felony charge and 12 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 169 inmates including 152 at the facility, 11 in substance abuse treatment programs, two on home detention and three elsewhere.
- Grantor: LUOMA MICHELLE, LUOMA ANTHONY Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERVIEW TERRACE SUB RI Lot: 3 Block: 4 City... Grantee: CHRISTOPHERSON PHILLIP, CHRISTOPHERSON LORI