News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Jul 5, 2013 - Staff
A son was born to Glorietta FightingBear, of Riverton, at 10:26 p.m. May 29, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 2 ounces.
A son was born to Apryl and Jacob Fischer at 5:55 a.m. May 27, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 12 ounces.
Gordon W. Schumacher, 69, died Sunday, June 30, of natural causes. There will be no services.
Vietnam Vets Motorcycle Club Memorial Parade, Observance, Service is July 5 to July 7. Events begin at 5 p.m. July 5 at Edness Kimball Wilkins State Park. They resume at 6 a.m. July 6 at VFW Post 10969, 4693 W. Yellowstone Highway, Mills. The group will depart for Lander at 9 a.m. with an ETA at 5 p.m. The parade will line up at 9 a.m. July 7 at the Shopko parking lot. The parade will start at 10 a.m. and travel to the Wyoming Veterans Memorial at the Fremont County Courthouse on North Second Street. All bikers, people and vehicles are invited and welcome.
Dubois Chamber of Commerce Chicken Barbecue is at 4 p.m. in the Dubois Town Park. For more information, call 455-2556.
"Merchant of Venice," presented by the Wyoming Shakespeare Co., is at 4 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theater at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. Nine CWC students will perform. The company is touring Wyoming in July.
Good Sams Roundup is at 5 p.m. at Archer's Buffet and Grill, 400 N. Federal Blvd., Riverton. The group will be planning campouts for the next two months. Visitors are welcome. For more information, call Donna Hunter at 856-9376.
Hot Notes Cool Nights Concert is at 7 p.m. at Riverton City Park. The theme of the concert is "And All That Jazz." The guest artist is the Tom Amend Quartet.
Shoshoni Gymkhana Series is at the Shoshoni Activities Association Arena, South Maple Street, Shoshoni. Events include barrel racing, pole bending and novelty events for riders of all ages. Concessions will be provided by the Barn Bums 4-H Club. For more information, call Dawn Marie Thacker at 840-0209.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Friday morning:
- Officers said they conducted a traffic stop at about 12:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 2300 block of Webbwood Road. After approaching the vehicle, which was being driven by a 16-year-old Riverton boy, the officers noticed seven street signs in the vehicle that had been taken from various locations throughout the city. Officers issued the 16-year-old driver and his passenger, an 18-year-old Riverton man, misdemeanor citations for petit larceny. They were released with their promise to appear in court at a later date.
- Yvonne Yellowhair, 36, of St. Stephens, was arrested on a municipal warrant at about 12:15 p.m. Wednesday at the Fremont County Alcohol Crisis Center.
- Anthony Addison, 31, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 12:45 p.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard. Officers were responding to a REDDI (Report Every Drunken Driver Immediately) report.
- Chauncey Friday, 46, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication at about 1:50 p.m. Wednesday at Riverton Memorial Hospital.
- Francis Washington, 64, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a municipal warrant at about 5 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Ardie Longsoldier, 43, of Riverton, and Richard Longsoldier, 42, of Riverton, both were arrested for public intoxication at about 5:15 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Chris Chavez, 55, of Riverton, was arrested for simple assault at about 6:45 p.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of West Washington Avenue.
- John Antelope, 46, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication at about 11 p.m. Wednesday in the 1200 block of West Main Street.
- Michael SunRhodes, 24, of Riverton, was arrested on a Hot Spring County warrant, interfering with a police officer and possession of a controlled substance (amphetamine) at about 1:15 p.m. Thursday in the 700 block of East Pershing Avenue.
- James Whiteplume, 41, of Ethete, was arrested for probation revocation and possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) at about 6:45 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- A 39-year-old Riverton man was issued a misdemeanor citation for possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) early Friday. He was released with his promise to appear in court at a later date.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Friday morning:
- Lacie Snyder, 25, of Pavillion, was arrested for probation revocation.
- Kenny McLeod, 44, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for bond revocation at about 9:15 a.m. Thursday at the Fremont County Sheriff's Office in Lander.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center has taken 202 calls for service, including one involving a motor vehicle accident. County ambulances were dispatched 35 times, and area fire departments responded to 18 calls for help. Twenty-one people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges including four for driving under the influence, six other alcohol-related charges, and 34 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 173 inmates including 157 at the facility, 11 in substance abuse treatment programs, two on home detention and three elsewhere.
- Grantor: WOLNICK STEVEN R , WOLNICK ANN L Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERSIDE ACRES CLUB DU Lot: 32 City: DUBOIS Grantee: WEAVER WILLIAM JOHN
- Grantor: HERMES MARGARET, HERMES GERALD A Legal: Sub/Mine: BLUE BIRD HILLS SUB MI Lot: 8 City: MISCELLAN..., Quarter: NWNW Section: 27 Township: 33n Range: 100w Grantee: ROBERTS KEVIN DAVID, ROBERTS MICHELLE LAFLUER Notes: TRACT 8 BLUE BIRD HILLS
- Grantor: BOWMAN KEITH R TRUSTEE, BOWMAN JANE S TRUSTEE, BOWMAN KEITH R LIVING TRUST, ... Legal: Quarter: NWSW Section: 2 Township: 33N Range: 99W , Half: S Quarter: SW Section: 2 Township: 33N Range: 99W , Quarter: NENW Section: 11 Township: 33N Range: 99W Grantee: BOWMAN KEITH R, BOWMAN JANE S
- Grantor: RAMON KEITH J Legal: Sub/Mine: ATLANTIC CITY 1ST ADD MI Lot: 1 Block: 12 Cit..., Sub/Mine: ATLANTIC CITY 1ST ADD MI Lot: 2 Block: 12 Cit..., Sub/Mine: ATLANTIC CITY 1ST ADD MI Lot: 3 Block: 12 Cit..., ... Grantee: GUSE DOUGLAS FRANKLIN, GUSE CARRIE JUNE
- Grantor: RICHARDSON KENNETH P, RICHARDSON E ANN Legal: Sub/Mine: SQUAW CREEK ACRES SUB LA Lot: 8 City: LANDER Grantee: KUNZE DAN R Notes: TRACT 8
- Grantor: WLLIAMS JASON S , WILLIAMS NICHOLE M Legal: Sub/Mine: BERLIN 1ST ADD RI Lot: 5 Block: 2 City: RIVER... Grantee: SIMPSON JOSEPH M, ADAMS SARAH R
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Wednesday, July 4, are as listed in the first column. The readings for Tuesday, July 3, are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 192 190
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes 515 555
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake -- --
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 901 527
Wind River near Crowheart 1,480 2,570
Wind River near Kinnear 1,170 695
Wind River at Riverton 417 81
Little Popo Agie River near Lander 55 56
Little Wind River near Riverton 232 233
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 275 246
Wind River below Boysen Reservoir 1,340 1,350