News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Jul 12, 2013 - Staff
In Thursday's Ranger, the page one story "Rendezvous events to begin" should have said the "Second annual Derby to EradDUCKate Polio is at 3 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 3, at the Rotary Fire Pit on the Riverwalk."
A son was born to Casey and Joshua Harris, of Riverton, at 10:33 a.m. June 7, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 12 ounces.
A daughter was born to Chantaye and Josh Lambert, of Riverton, at 9:14 p.m. May 14, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 9 ounces.
A son was born to Kala Shoultz and Austin Liedy, of Riverton, at 8:06 a.m. May 29, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds, 6 ounces.
A daughter was born to Ember and Cory Lucas, of Riverton, at 8:05 a.m. May 23, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 9 pounds, 1 ounce.
A daughter was born to Autumn and Frank McAdams, of Fort Washakie, at 12:17 p.m. June 13, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 8 pounds, 7 ounces.
A daughter was born to Katsie and Morgan McConnaughey, of Riverton, at 8:25 a.m. May 16, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 9 ounces.
A daughter was born to Brandalyn and Matthew Mitchell, of Riverton, at 4:17 p.m. June 10, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 9.2 ounces.
A son was born to Toniette Munguia, of Riverton, at 12:27 p.m. June 5, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 4 pounds, 8 ounces.
A daughter was born to Toniette Munguia, of Riverton, at 12:28 p.m. June 5, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 4 pounds, 13 ounces.
A daughter was born to Elacia Potter, of Riverton, on June 4, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 9 pounds, 8 ounces.
A daughter was born to Tyla Trumbull and Jason Quiver, of Riverton, at 9:39 p.m. May 21, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 9 pounds, 1 ounce.
Christopher "Chris" Davidson, 37, formerly of Lander, died Tuesday, July 9, at his home in Aberdeen, S.D. Cremation has taken place, and a private memorial will be at a later date.
Pedro "Pete" Vargas Garcia, 79, died Monday, July 8, at Wyoming Medical Center in Casper. A rosary will be at 7 p.m. Sunday, July 14, at Great Plains Hall in Arapahoe with a wake following, also at Great Plains Hall. A funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday, July 15, at St. Stephen's Catholic Church. Interment will be at the St. Stephen's Catholic Cemetery.
Wrangler Classic is July 11 to July 14 at the Wind River Hotel and Casino, 10269 Wyoming 789, Riverton. This is a Riverton Rendezvous event.
Wyoming Modelers Fly-I is July 12 to July 14 at the Wyoming Modelers Park. This is a Riverton Rendezvous event.
Gold Rush Days is 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at South Pass City. Enjoy a taste of life at the turn of the century at South Pass City State Historic Site. Gold Rush Days features a vintage baseball tournament, music in the historic saloons, children's games and one-of-a-kind events like anvil blasting, mining demonstrations and gold panning. Admission is $3.
Wyoming Sportsman Gunshow is 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Fremont Center at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 1010 Fairgrounds Drive, Riverton.
Geology of the Torrey Valley Trek is at 1 p.m. at the Dubois Museum, 909 W. Ramshorn St., Dubois. Event is free. For more information, call 455-2284.
Select Committee on Tribal Relations Meeting is at 9 a.m. at Central Wyoming College, Riverton. The committee will meet with the Joint Education Committee at 9 a.m. in the Little Theater and will reconvene after lunch in the Wind River Room of the Intertribal Education and Community Center.
Hot Notes Cool Nights Concert is at 7 p.m. at Lander City Park, 405 Fremont St. The theme of the concert is "The Symphonic Sounds." The guest artist is the Fremont County Orchestra.
Shoshoni Gymkhana Series is at the Shoshoni Activities Association Arena, South Maple Street, Shoshoni. Events include barrel racing, pole bending and novelty events for riders of all ages. Concessions will be provided by the Barn Bums 4-H Club. For more information, call Dawn Marie Thacker at 840-0209.
United Blood Services Blood Drive, sponsored by Soroptimist of Riverton, is noon to 6 p.m. at United Methodist Church, 1116 W. Park Ave., Riverton. To make an appointment, call 851-4174 or visit www.bloodhero.com (sponsor code is riverton).
City Council Meeting is at 7 p.m. at Riverton City Hall, 816 N. Federal Blvd., Riverton.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Shawn Marlow, 44, of Evansville, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 1:15 a.m. Thursday in the 500 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Danny Ortiz, 33, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence and driving with a suspended license at about 7:30 p.m. Thursday in the 1400 block of West Sunset Drive.
- A 30-year-old man and a 28-year-old man were issued citation for throwing stones and missiles at about 8:30 p.m. Thursday in the 1700 block of Riverview Road. According to reports, the two men were hitting golf balls at a vehicle that had broken down on Riverview Road while the driver was still inside of the vehicle.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Thomas Keele Sr., 46, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 5:30 p.m. Thursday in the 700 block of Spencer Street in Riverton.
- During this timeframe the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center has taken 76 calls for service, including three involving motor vehicle accidents with one of the accidents reporting property damage. County ambulances have been dispatched 10 times, and area fire departments responded to four calls for help. Five people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including one for driving under the influence, one other alcohol related charge, two felony charges and nine misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 166 inmates including 149 at the facility, 11 in substance abuse treatment programs, two on home detention and four elsewhere.
- Grantor: BARNEY TRAVIS G, BARNEY AMY S Legal: Quarter: NWNE Section: 26 Township: 33N Range: 99W Grantee: SWIFT CASEY, SWIFT ANN
- Grantor: PENDLETON APRIL MARILEEN, PENDLETON DAVID CRAIG , JOHNSON EDIE, ... Legal: Quarter: NWNE Section: 26 Township: 33N Range: 99W Grantee: BAR P LAND & LIVESTOCK CO INC
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Thursday, July 11, are as listed in the first column. The readings for Wednesday, July 10, are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 147 160
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes 413 444
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake 625 --
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 282 283
Wind River near Crowheart 1,690 1,830
Wind River near Kinnear 607 719
Wind River at Riverton 141 332
Little Popo Agie River near Lander 40 42
Little Wind River near Riverton 202 241
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 256 252
Wind River below Boysen Reservoir 1,290 1,280
- Groom: VILLA MELVIN SHANE Bride: SOLDIER WOLF PEJUTA WASTEWI
- Groom: ANKROM PATRICK WILLIAM II Bride: JONES KRISTINA MAY
- Groom: VILLA MELVIN SHANE Bride: SOLDIER WOLF PEJUTA WASTEWI
- Groom: STARR PETER TODD Bride: MOLTHEN MEGAN ANN