Jul 16, 2013 - StaffDeaths
Lester Fluckiger, 88, died Thursday, July 11, at the home he loved in the Upper Green River Valley. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, July 20, at the Pinedale Community United Church of Christ.
Emma Jean Moffitt Gould, 66, died Sunday, July 14, at her home in Franklin, Idaho, after a determined struggle to defeat cancer. Memorial services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, July 18, at Webb Funeral Home, 1005 S. 800 E., Preston, ID.
Amelia "Amy" Miller, 82, formerly of Lander, died Sunday, June 23. Services were Friday, July 5, at Christ United Methodist Church in Fort Collins, Colo.
Denise Fay Piper, 30, died Friday, July 12, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. Traditional Indian funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday, July 17, at the family residence, 724 Blue Sky Highway, Ethete. An evening service and wake will be at 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 16, at the family residence. Interment will be in the Sage-Redman Cemetery at Ethete.
Chalk the Walk Festival/Sidewalk Art Contest and Live Music is 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave. Food, live music, art and fun will be happening on the lawn. The Low Water String Band will perform. Event is free. To register a square, call 856-3666. This is a Riverton Rendezvous event.
Eagle Spirit Dancers is at 7 p.m. at the Museum of the American West, 1445 Main St., Lander.
Jerry Antolik Workshop, sponsored by the Wind River Valley Artists Guild, is July 18 to July 29 at the Headwaters Arts and Conference Center, 20 Stalnaker St., Dubois.
Wyoming Connections Academy Information Session is 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. July 18 at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave. Families can learn about this tuition-free virtual public school.
Bookies Book Club is at 12:30 p.m. at the Senior Citizen's Center, 205 S. 10th St., Lander. The group will discuss "Catering to Nobody" by Diane Mott Davidson.
Blood Drive is 3:15 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Senior Citizen Center, 209 Main St., Shoshoni. To schedule an appointment, call 876-2703 or visit www.bloodhero.com (sponsor code: shoshoni).
Backyard Dance at the Dubois Museum is at 7 p.m. at the Dubois Museum, 909 W. Ramshorn St., Dubois. Event is free. For more information, call 455-2284.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Joshua Brouwer, 21, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 2:30 a.m. Friday in the 400 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Theodore Abeyta, 43, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for aggravated assault against a household member, driving under the influence and possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) at about 6:45 p.m. Friday in the 400 block of North Federal Boulevard. Officers said they responded to the area due to reports of domestic violence against a 32-year-old woman. Abeyta reportedly fled the area before officers' arrival but was contacted when he drove back by the scene in a vehicle. Officials said he was found to be driving under the influence and in possession of a minor amount of marijuana.
- A 20-year-old Riverton woman was issued a misdemeanor citation for underage drinking and minor in a tavern at about 11:30 p.m. Friday in the 500 block of East Main Street. She was released with her promise to appear in court at a later date.
- Chauncey Friday, 46, of Ethete, and Byron Lincoln, 47, of Riverton, both were arrested for public intoxication at about 12:10 a.m. Saturday in the 200 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Tracy Coston, 51, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 1:30 a.m. Saturday in the 600 block of East Main Street.
- Steven Amos, 41, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 9:30 a.m. Saturday in the 700 block of East Adams Avenue.
- Ivan Pine, 32, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 11:15 a.m. Saturday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Duane Medicinecloud, 22, of Riverton, was arrested on two municipal warrants at about 5:30 p.m. Saturday in the 500 block of South First Street.
- Craig C'Bearing, 26, of Ethete, was arrested on three municipal warrants at about 1:20 a.m. Sunday at Riverton Memorial Hospital.
- Shane Blackburn, 24, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation at about 4 a.m. Sunday in the 300 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Dominic Arthur, 44, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a municipal warrant at about 6:30 p.m. Sunday in the 600 block of North First Street. Officers were responding to reports that a man was urinating in the street and sleeping in a neighbor's yard.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Robert Martel, 44, of Fort Washakie, was arrested on a Natrona County warrant for failure to appear.
- Charles Soundingsides, 30, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 11 p.m. Friday in the 900 block of East Monroe Avenue.
- Employees at the Louis Lake Lodge on Louis Lake Road west of Lander reported that the establishment's cash box was missing at about 9:45 p.m. Friday. The lodge is located in the Wind River Mountains above Lander.
- A man reportedly paid for $10 of gas at about 9 a.m. Saturday at the Kinnear Store, then pumped $71.30 in gas and left the scene without paying the difference. He was said to be driving a brown GMC Jimmy and headed toward Dubois on U.S. Highway 26.
- A resident on Squaw Creek Court outside of Lander reported a rattlesnake in his basement at about 1 p.m. Saturday.
- Deputies reportedly helped Riverton Police Department officers transport four intoxicated subjects to the Fremont County Alcohol Crisis Center at about 2:15 p.m. Saturday from the 800 block of East Main Street in Riverton.
- Someone called police at about 3:30 p.m. Saturday to report an American Indian man was "passed out" in the 100 block of South Seventh Street East in Riverton. The subject reportedly was wearing a grey shirt and jeans and had a shaved head.
- A motorist reported cattle on the road at about 5:45 p.m. Saturday on U.S. Highway 26 in Dubois. Officials said the area is designated as open range and did not respond to the report.
- Deputies responded at about 3:45 a.m. Sunday to reports that a Wind River Police Department officer had hit a horse in the 400 block of Ethete Road.
- Michaela Tschirhart, 48, of Saint Johns, Ariz., was arrested on a Fremont County arrest warrant, for two counts of felony possession of a controlled substance and for misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance at about 8:45 a.m. Monday at the Fremont County Courthouse in Lander.
- A woman in the 100 block of Firethorn Lane north of Riverton reported at about 11:25 a.m. Monday that someone had broken the window of her grey 2003 Ford Windstar sometime overnight.
- A woman in East Fork Road north of Dubois called law enforcement at about 12:30 p.m. Monday to report that she returned to her cabin to find a door open and her wallet removed from her purse. She said the wallet was lying on top of her purse and nothing appeared to be missing.
- Reports state officials responded at about 1 a.m. Tuesday to the 900 block of South Federal Boulevard due to reports of a fight at a bar there. No related arrests were reported Tuesday morning.
- The Wind River Police Department responded to an assault at about 12:40 a.m. Tuesday on Great Plains Road south of Riverton. According to reports, a woman in the area assaulted another woman, but neither person was a tribal member. The WRPD reportedly handled the call and documented the incident but informed the victim that she should contact the FCSO to press charges.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center has taken 227 calls for service including four involving motor vehicle accidents with one reporting injuries. County ambulances have been dispatched 70 times, and area fire departments responded to 18 calls for help. Thirty-three people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges including five for driving under the influence, eight other alcohol-related charges, 10 felony charges and 57 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 179 inmates including 162 at the facility, 11 in substance abuse treatment programs, two on home detention and four elsewhere.
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Monday, July 15, are as listed in the first column. The readings for Sunday, July 14, are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 123 129
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes 371 379
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake 510 547
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 421 419
Wind River near Crowheart 1,590 1,670
Wind River near Kinnear 512 521
Wind River at Riverton 42 50
Little Popo Agie River near Lander 38 38
Little Wind River near Riverton 130 137
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 251 241
Wind River below Boysen Reservoir 1,230 1,270
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.