Jul 17, 2013 - StaffBirths
A son was born to Jacquelynn and Dorol Richardson, of Riverton, at 5:33 p.m. April 2, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 2 ounces.
A daughter was born to Cecilia Warren, of Riverton, at 10:39 a.m. June 1, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital.
Rose A. Engen, formerly of Riverton, died Thursday, July 11, surrounded by her family. A memorial service will be Saturday, July 20, at the King of Glory Church in Loveland, Colo.
Dubois' Annual Humane Society Dog Wash is 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the Dubois Branch Library south lawn, 202 N. First St. All proceeds will benefit Western Fremont County Humane Society. Cost is $5 a dog.
Friday Night Cruise is at 6 p.m. from Kmart to downtown Riverton. This is a Riverton Rendezvous event.
Rocky Mountain Car and Bike is 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Main Street, Riverton. This is a Riverton Rendezvous event.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Kristen N. Arima from Jacob D. Arima. Joint custody of minor children. Wife's former name of Watson restored.
David R. Asay from Amelia R. Asay. Wife's former name of Chavez restored.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Christopher Webb, 23, of Riverton, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) at about 5:45 a.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of East Lincoln Avenue.
- Marcus Brown, 34, of Riverton, was arrested on two municipal warrants at about 11:10 a.m. Tuesday at the Fremont County Alcohol Crisis Center.
- John Woodcock, 49, of St. Stephen's, was arrested for probation revocation at about 1:45 p.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of East Madison Avenue.
- A 21-year-old Thermopolis woman was issued a misdemeanor citation for shoplifting at about 5:40 p.m. Tuesday in the 500 block of East Sunset Drive. She was released with her promise to appear in court at a later date.
- Stefan Bigmedicine, 30, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 9:45 p.m. Tuesday in the 200 block of North Ninth Street East. With him was Tracy Dewey, 38, of Riverton, who was arrested for public intoxication.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Marlene Gould, 52, of Casper, was arrested on Fremont County warrants for contempt of court and failure to appear.
- Mykenzie Carpenter-Lott, 19, of Casper, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for bond revocation.
- Cordell Washington, 39, of Riverton, was arrested for breach of peace.
- The Wind River Police Department responded at about 2:45 p.m. Tuesday to reports of a fight involving more than 20 men in the 600 block of Blue Sky Highway near Ethete. Officers said they were unable to locate the fight, which reportedly involved tire irons and bats. The reporting party said the subjects were wearing blue and black and that many of them had shaved heads. He said he believed the incident could have been gang related.
- Two people requested help from officials at about 3 p.m. Tuesday when the subjects reportedly got stranded in a boat on Boysen Lake. According to initial reports, the subjects' 25-foot craft wouldn't start, and they were stranded on the south end of the lake north of the causeway. Officials said the boat was towed to shore and no one was injured in the incident. ¬
- Two women were transported to the Fremont County Alcohol Crisis Center at about 7 p.m. Tuesday after reportedly being involved in a drunk and disorderly altercation near the Rendezvous ponds on South Smith Road.
- A woman called law enforcement at about 12:30 a.m. Wednesday to report that her blue 2009 Mini Cooper was stuck in the mud about two miles from Brooks Lake Lodge on Brooks Lake Road north of Dubois. Officials said they were unable to locate her vehicle in the dark; they planned to find the woman Wednesday morning. Undersheriff Ryan Lee said he spoke with the woman overnight. She reportedly said she was "fine and waiting for assistance this morning."
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center has taken 67 calls for service. County ambulances were dispatched 14 times. Eleven people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges including one for driving under the influence, two other alcohol-related charges, one felony charge and 14 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 174 inmates including 157 at the facility, 11 in substance abuse treatment programs, two on home detention and four elsewhere.
- Grantor: HUMPHREYS DANIEL L, HUMPHREYS WENDY, HUMPHREYS CODY Legal: Sub/Mine: WESTSIDE ADDITION SH Lot: 11 Block: 7 City: S..., Sub/Mine: WESTSIDE ADDITION SH Lot: 12 Block: 7 City: S... Grantee: THOMPSON TIMOTHY
- Grantor: HAUN RICHARD E TRUSTEE, HAUN JANICE F TRUSTEE, HAUN JANICE F LIVING TRUST, ... Legal: Quarter: SESE Section: 9 Township: 1N Range: 4E , Half: N Quarter: NE Section: 16 Township: 1N Range: 4E Grantee: BROWN JEFFREY L, BROWN SONDRA D
- Grantor: HAUN RICHARD E, HAUN JANICE F TRUSTEE, HAUN JANICE F LIVING TRUST, ... Legal: Half: S Quarter: SE Section: 9 Township: 1n Range: 4e Grantee: BROWN JEFFREY L, BROWN SONDRA D
- Grantor: GUSCHEWSKY PAUL J Legal: Quarter: SESW Section: 8 Township: 33N Range: 99W Grantee: SOLSTICE13 LLC
- Grantor: SMITH CRAIG C, SMITH COLETTE M Legal: Sub/Mine: THE MEADOWS SUBDIVISION LA Lot: 14 City: LANDER Grantee: EAGLE CHRISTOPHER R
- Grantor: RUSSO PROPERTIES LLC Legal: Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 12 Block: 16 ... Grantee: SOLSTICE12 INC Notes: DIVISION LINE BEING CENTERLINE OF COMMON WALL
- Grantor: WOLF WILLIAM N, WOLF LESLIE A Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERVIEW ESTATES 1ST ADD LA Lot: 9 Block: 2 ... Grantee: NORRIS ROBERT A, NORRIS SHEILA R
- Grantor: FULLER SUSAN SNOW, FULLER SUSAN S Legal: Sub/Mine: BONNEVILLE ORIGINAL TOWNSITE MI Lot: 13 Block:..., Sub/Mine: BONNEVILLE ORIGINAL TOWNSITE MI Lot: 14 Block:..., Sub/Mine: BONNEVILLE ORIGINAL TOWNSITE MI Lot: 15 Block:..., ... Grantee: DONOVAN MIKE Notes: CORRECTION DEED
- Grantor: LEIMBACK THOMAS H , LEIMBACK TIFFANY M Legal: Sub/Mine: NORTH HEIGHTS ADD DU Lot: 10 Block: 6 City: D..., Sub/Mine: NORTH HEIGHTS ADD DU Lot: 11 Block: 6 City: D... Grantee: LEIMBACK THOMAS H, LEIMBACK TIFFANY M
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Tuesday, July 16, are as listed in the first column. The readings for Monday, July 15, are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 120 123
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes 383 371
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake -- --
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 464 421
Wind River near Crowheart 1,570 1,590
Wind River near Kinnear 526 512
Wind River at Riverton 35 42
Little Popo Agie River near Lander 35 38
Little Wind River near Riverton 116 130
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 251 251
Wind River below Boysen Reservoir 1,190 1,230
- Groom: WOOD HARRY VICTOR Bride: WOOD MARGARET FRANCES¬
- Groom: LEBEAU JASON CONRAD Bride: SCOTT CHRISTINA LORE¬
- Groom: BUERHAUS PETER IMLAY Bride: VICKERY PAULINE ANNE
- Groom: MCGAUGHEY JASON AUSTIN Bride: ARMSTRONG RACHEL LYNN
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.