Jul 18, 2013 - StaffCorrections
In Tuesday's Ranger, the bottom photo in the "Fly guys" photo package should have said the middle man's name is Travis Myers.
In Tuesday's Ranger, the page one story "County, tribes agree on deal for operation of trash transfer sites" should have said the Fremont County Solid Waste Disposal District Board will pay the Eastern Shoshone and Northern Arapaho tribes $755,000 over three years to manage the waste transfer station sites on the Wind River Indian Reservation.
In Wednesday's Ranger, the page one story "Rebuilt Cloud Kisser part of 25-balloon field for the weekend Rendezvous rally" should have said the primary launches, as usual, are Saturday and Sunday mornings from the Central Wyoming College launch field. The annual "media day" flight is Friday. This is the same schedule that has been in place for many years.
A son was born to Paulette Mascarenaz and Andrew Ribbing, of Riverton, at 8:13 p.m. May 28, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces.
A daughter was born to Alisha Senn, of Lander, at 2:52 a.m. June 12, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 5 pounds, 10 ounces.
William "Bill" John Humphrey, 59, died suddenly Monday, July 8, at his home in Lander. Cremation has taken place, and there will be a celebration of life service at a later date in Lander and Ohio.
Robert E. Manning, 85, of Casper, died Wednesday, July, 17, at Help for Health Hospice. Services are pending through Bustard's Funeral Home in Casper.
Kara R. Paxton, 38, of Riverton, died Wednesday, July 17, at Help for Health Hospice. Services are pending through Davis Funeral Home.
Darts of Love Dart Benefit is at Time Out, 514 N. Federal Blvd., Riverton. The benefit is for Lisa Murdock. For more information or to donate items for the auction, call Megan Murdock Goehring at 851-2322 or Time Out at 856-7859.
Shoshoni Gymkhana Series Play Day, Awards and Carry-in Lunch is at the Shoshoni Activities Association Arena, South Maple Street, Shoshoni. Events include barrel racing, pole bending and novelty events for riders of all ages. Concessions will be provided by the Barn Bums 4-H Club. For more information, call Dawn Marie Thacker at 840-0209.
Sinks Canyon Bam Bam Slam is at Sinks Canyon State Park. Registration for the 5-mile "Run Like A Bighorn" trail run begins at 6 a.m. The race begins at 7 a.m. The "Eat Like A Ewe" bake sale begins at 10 a.m. at the visitor center. The children's coloring contest is 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the visitor center. The children's scavenger hunt is 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the visitor center. The fee is $5. Bam Bam Memorial with speakers begins at 7 p.m. in the visitor center parking lot. Raffles for Bam Bam photographs and bighorn sheep books will be held throughout the day. Tickets may be purchased at the visitor centers. For more information, call 332-3077 or visit www.sinkscanyonstatepark.org.
Balloon Rally is at 6 a.m. at the launch field at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. This is a Riverton Rendezvous event.
Kiwanis Family Pancake Breakfast is at 6 a.m. at the launch field at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. This is a Riverton Rendezvous event.
Sinks Canyon Run Like A Bighorn 5-Mile Trail Run is at 7 a.m. at Sinks Canyon State Park. Hikers and walkers are welcome. The race starts at Sawmill Campground. A $10 registration fee includes a T-shirt and water bottle. All proceeds go directly to the park to put "Bam Bam" on display. For more information, call 332-3077 or visit www.sinkscanyonstatepark.org.
Tethered Balloon Rides are at 7 a.m. at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. This is a Riverton Rendezvous event.
Rocky Mountain Car and Bike Swap Meet is 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. This is a Riverton Rendezvous event.
Sixth Annual Buffalo Tracks Running Club Challenge is at 8 a.m. at 168 Yellowcalf Road, Ethete. Early registration deadline is July 12. Events include a 5k run, 2-mile walk and children's races. For more information, call Faith at 247-0270.
Strut Your Mutt Dog Show is at 9 a.m. at Dubois Town Park.
Summer Craft Fair is 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Wind River Hotel and Casino, 10269 Wyoming 789, Riverton. Thirty tables are available for $30 a table. For more information or to reserve a table, call entertainment coordinator Cheryl Morrow at 851-1538.
Redneck Barbecue Festival is 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. This is a Riverton Rendezvous event.
20th Annual Rocky Mountain Car and Bike Show is 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. This is a Riverton Rendezvous event.
Heritage Center Activities and Tours is 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Heritage Center Museum, 1075 S. Federal Blvd., Riverton. This is a Riverton Rendezvous event.
Museum Day is 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Dubois Museum, 909 W. Ramshorn St., Dubois. Event is free. For more information, call 455-2284.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Rosendo Mendoza, 18, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a municipal warrant and for underage consumption of alcohol at about 3 a.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of East Adams Avenue.
- Lloyd Hartman, 25, of Riverton, was arrested on two Big Horn County warrants at about 10:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 500 block of North Second Street East. Also arrested was Darcie Hartbank, 19, of Riverton, for probation revocation.
- Justin SunRhodes, 38, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 6:45 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Alex Whitebird, 25, of Riverton, was arrested on a municipal warrant just before noon Wednesday at the intersection of Major Avenue and Sunset Drive.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Richard Helm, 59, of Lander, was arrested for probation violation.
- Leah Lonebear, 31, of St. Stephen's, was arrested on two Fremont County warrants for failure to appear.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center has taken 64 calls for service, including two involving motor vehicle accidents. County ambulances were dispatched 18 times, and area fire departments responded to two calls for help. Eleven people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges including three alcohol-related charges, one felony charge and 18 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 178 inmates including 160 at the facility, 12 in substance abuse treatment programs, two on home detention and four elsewhere.
- Grantor: LEIMBACK THOMAS H, LEIMBACK TIFFANY M Legal: Section: 6 Township: 41N Range: 106W Lot: 6 , Quarter: SENW Section: 6 Township: 41N Range: 106W , Section: 6 Township: 41N Range: 106W Lot: 7 , ... Grantee: LEIMBACK THOMAS H, LEIMBACK TIFFANY M
- Grantor: ROBINSON JOAN, ROBINSON JIM Legal: Sub/Mine: SHOSHONI ORIGINAL TOWN OF SH Lot: 15 Block: 10... Grantee: GOULD JAYME, REID JESSICA
- Grantor: TITTERINGTON RONALD O, TITTERINGTON BONNIE L Legal: Sub/Mine: BRACE "V" SUB MI Lot: 1 City: MISCELLANEOUS Grantee: FACTORY HOMES WYOMING LLC
- Grantor: ROSE DEBORAH A, ROSE FAMILY REVOCABLE LIVING TRUST Legal: Quarter: SENW Section: 4 Township: 42n Range: 108w Grantee: SCHWARTZ JOSEPH F, SCHWARTZ CATHERINE F
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Wednesday, July 17, are as listed in the first column. The readings for Tuesday, July 16, are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 144 120
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes 441 383
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake -- --
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 544 464
Wind River near Crowheart 1,700 1,570
Wind River near Kinnear 544 526
Wind River at Riverton -- --
Little Popo Agie River near Lander 33 35
Little Wind River near Riverton 102 116
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 246 251
Wind River below Boysen Reservoir 1,140 1,190