News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Jul 24, 2013 - Staff
A daughter was born to Clarissa and Ernie Vierra, of Fort Washakie, at 7:42 p.m. June 7, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 3 pounds, 11 ounces.
A son was born to Tessa Bowthorpe and Joseph VonFeldt, of Lander, at 3:01 a.m. May 26, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds, 7.8 ounces.
A daughter was born to Jessica and Jamie Wilson, of Riverton, at 4:10 p.m. May 21, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 5 ounces.
A daughter was born to Julie Reba Rogers and Joseph Jeremiah Withrow, of Lander, at 12:19 p.m. May 23, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 5 pounds, 9 ounces.
Jerome "Jerry" Clemetson of Riverton died at Riverton Memorial Hospital on Saturday, July 20, 2013. He was 66 years old. Cremation has taken place. A memorial service at 10 a.m. Thursday, July 25, at Davis Funeral Home in Riverton, with the Rev. Ian McFarland officiating. Inurnment of the ashes will follow at Mountain View Cemetery.
Lorene "Lory" Franklin of Riverton died at her home on Sunday, July 21. She was 84. Services are at 2 p.m. Thursday, July 25, at Trinity Lutheran Church in Riverton, with the Rev. Dave Magruder officiating. Internment will follow at Mountain View Cemetery. Arrangements under the direction of Davis Funeral Home
Cheryl Large of Riverton, 61, died at her home on Sunday, July 21, 2013. Cremation has taken place. A memorial service is at 2 p.m. Saturday, July 27, at Davis Funeral Home on Riverton. Bill Connell will officiate. Inurnment will follow at Mountain View Cemetery.
Judith Nethercott of Riverton died in a car accident on Saturday, July 20, 2013. Funeral services are at 9 a.m. Saturday, July 27, at Trinity Lutheran Church. Arrangements under the direction of Davis Funeral Home.
Casting For Recovery is July 26 to July 28 at Absaroka Ranch, 116 E. Rams Horn St., Dubois. A weekend retreat for women of all ages living in Wyoming who have survived breast cancer.
"A Balladeer Stampede" -- A Western and Cowboy Music Gathering is at 7 p.m. at the Museum of the American West, 1445 W. Main St., Lander. Admission is free. Donations will be accepted. Features performers include GT Hurley, Jerry Bell, Jean Mathison Haugen, "Buffalo Bill" Boycott and Dr. Jo (Flower of the Prairie). For more information, call 349-7197.
• Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
Franklin Tail, 23, of Lander, was arrested on three warrants for failure to appear and for resisting arrest at about 9 p.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of East Main Street in Riverton.
Alvin Sage, 37, of Riverton, was arrested for possession of marijuana, interference and stalking early Wednesday.
Dominic FightingBear, 36, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 6:50 p.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
Patrick Arthur, 32, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
Cassandra Goggles, 41, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 2:45 p.m. Tuesday in the 500 block of East Pershing Avenue.
• In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports:
Ivan Bear, 44, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 1:20 a.m. Wednesday in the 1100 block of South Federal Boulevard.
Robert Brillhart, 24, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation.
Harley Fabrizius, 52, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 9:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Fremont County Courthouse in Riverton.
Jason Knigge, 32, of Shoshoni, was arrested on Fremont County warrants for domestic violence battery, property destruction and reckless endangering.
A man on Haymaker Road north of Riverton called law enforcement at about 6:30 p.m. Saturday to report that some geese, ducks and guineas were missing from his property. He said he thought they were being stolen.
Deputies investigated reports at about 6:50 p.m. Saturday that a man tackled a girl on Burma Road north of Riverton. Officials said the man was the father of the 15-year-old girl and was trying to keep her from leaving the property without permission.
A man reportedly cut his leg on a curb during a dispute at about 1:15 a.m. Sunday in the 100 block of Elder Lane north of Riverton. According to initial reports, the man had been fighting with a woman in the area, but officials said they found no evidence of assault. They reportedly were unable to locate the woman; the man was treated on scene by emergency medical personnel.
A woman in the 1500 block of East Monroe Avenue reported at about 7:40 a.m. Sunday that her husband's truck had been "set on fire on the inside." In initial reports she said flames were no longer visible, and she didn't know when the fire occurred. Officials said a paper bag was lit on fire on the vehicle's floorboard. Officials said they don't have any suspects in the incident, which was listed as "arson" on reports.
Three ceramic flower pots were reported missing at about 9:30 a.m. Sunday from Mom's Breakfast House, 106 E. Ramshorn Street in Dubois.
The Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 48 calls for service during this timeframe. County ambulances were dispatched 11 times, and area fire departments responded to three calls for help. Nine people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges including one felony and 15 misdemeanors. The center currently is responsible for 187 inmates including 170 at the facility, 11 in substance abuse treatment programs, two on home detention and four elsewhere.
In early afternoon trading, the Dow Jones Industrial average was down 25.50 points, or .16 percent, to 15542.24.
The Nasdaq composite index read 3579.60, up .33 point, or .01 percent.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index fell 6.45 points or .38 percent, to 1685.94.
Last trade Percent change
Applied Matl 16.10 -.98
Cummins Engine 116.24 -1.22
ConocoPhillips 65.59 -.80
El Paso CIG 38.16 -1.78
First Interstate 23.98 +1.18
Packard Co. 26.11 +1.48
KLA Tencor 59.45 -1.11
Schlumberger 82.85 -.86
Safeway 25.51 -.23
United Parcel 87.37 +.46
U.S. Energy 2.13 -3.18
Quotes as of 2:25 p.m.
Price Percent change
Gold 1323.30 -1.89
Silver 20.29 -1.46
Platinum 1453 -.07
Palladium 746 +/81
Copper 3.16 -.34
Nickel 6.44 +1.44
Aluminum .81 +.04
Zinc .83 -.09
Lead .93 -.04
Quotes as of 2:25 p.m.
• Grantor: SHIRKEY ROBERT BRUCE II Legal: Sub/Mine: PAVILLION ORIGINAL TOWN OF MI Lot: 19 Block: 2..., Sub/Mine: PAVILLION ORIGINAL TOWN OF MI Lot: 20 Block: 2..., Sub/Mine: PAVILLION ORIGINAL TOWN OF MI Lot: 21 Block: 2... Grantee: ROTHERHAM CLAUDIA
• Grantor: CLARK ROGER, BROWN CLARK PEGGY Legal: Sub/Mine: COUNTRY CLUB ACRES ADD AMENDED RI Lot: 29 Cit... Grantee: KRAUS FREDRICK D, KRAUS CHRISTINE D
• Grantor: RENFRO DAVID S, RENFRO MARY SUE H Legal: Sub/Mine: BIG WYOMING 2ND ADD RI Lot: 2 Block: 2 City: ... Grantee: MEREDITH LLOYD E, MEREDITH DEBRA K
• Grantor: JOHNSTONE WILLIAM W, JOHNSTONE ILA J Legal: Sub/Mine: BARRANCA VISTA SUB RI Lot: 3 Block: B City: R..., Sub/Mine: BARRANCA VISTA SUB RI Lot: 3 Block: E City: R..., Sub/Mine: BARRANCA VISTA SUB RI Lot: 4 Block: E City: R... Grantee: CHRISTOPHERSON PHILLIP, CHRISTOPHERSON LORI
• Grantor: RHYNARD JESSE J , RHYNARD ARIANNA A Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERVIEW HEIGHTS 2ND ADD RI Lot: 53 City: RI... Grantee: ROBERS SHEA M, ROBERSON KATHRYN
• Grantor: ELLIOTT YVONNE Legal: Sub/Mine: SOUTH PASS CITY MI Lot: 6 Block: 5 City: MISC..., Sub/Mine: SOUTH PASS CITY MI Lot: 7 Block: 5 City: MISC... Grantee: A CITY MERC LLC
• Grantor: BONDLEY JESSICA R, LONG CALVIN L Legal: Quarter: SWNE Section: 23 Township: 3N Range: 1W Grantee: MIDFIRST BANK Notes: WARRANTY DEED IN LIEU OF FORECLOSURE
• Grantor: MIDFIRST BANK Legal: Quarter: SWNE Section: 23 Township: 3N Range: 1W Grantee: SECRETARY OF HOUSING & URBAN DEVELOPMENT Notes: SPECIAL WARRANTY DEED
• Grantor: SCHAFER SHIRLEY M Legal: Sub/Mine: JEFFREY CITY ORIGINAL TOWN OF MI Lot: 1 Block:..., Sub/Mine: JEFFREY CITY ORIGINAL TOWN OF MI Lot: 2 Block: Sub/Mine: JEFFREY CITY ORIGINAL TOWN OF MI Lot: 3 Block:..., ... Grantee: SCHAFER SHIRLEY M TRUSTEE, KREHMEYER LEVI TRUSTEE, SCHAFER SHIRLEY M REVOCABLE TRUST
• Grantor: SUNDANCE PROPERTIES LLC Legal: Sub/Mine: GUSTIN ADD LA Lot: 3 Block: 144 City: LANDER, Sub/Mine: GUSTIN ADD LA Lot: 4 Block: 144 City: LANDER Grantee: LND PROPERTIES LLC
• Grantor: SUNDANCE PROPERTIES LLC Legal: Sub/Mine: DILLON VISTA SUB LA Lot: 5 Block: 1 City: LAN..., Sub/Mine: DILLON VISTA SUB LA Lot: 6 Block: 1 City: LAN..., Sub/Mine: DILLON VISTA SUB LA Lot: 7 Block: 1 City: LAN..., ... Grantee: DILLON VISTA LLC
• Grantor: ROBINSON LYNDA J TRUSTEE, ROBINSON LIVING TRUST, ELMORE JONETTA A Legal: Sub/Mine: GUSTIN ADD LA Lot: 1 Block: 145 City: LANDER, Sub/Mine: GUSTIN ADD LA Lot: 2 Block: 145 City: LANDER Grantee: CLARK WILLIAM P, MILLER HELEN L
• Grantor: MAZURIES LLC, BRENTLEE HOMES Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERWOOD SUBD PHASE 1 LA Lot: 1 Block: 3 Ci... Grantee: HANCOCK EUGENE FRANK, HANCOCK RENEE K
• Grantor: ALEXANDER WADE, MAZURIE VICTOR Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERWOOD SUBD PHASE 1 LA Lot: 1 Block: 3 Ci... Grantee: MAZURIES LLC, BRENTLEE HOMES
• Grantor: PIERCE ROGER Legal: Quarter: SESW Section: 10 Township: 3N Range: 2E , Quarter: SWSE Section: 10 Township: 3N Range: 2E , Quarter: SESE Section: 10 Township: 3N Range: 2E Grantee: PACE CARL
• Grantor: SMITH LAWRENCE F TRUSTEE, SMITH IRREVOCABLE TRUST Legal: Quarter: NWSW Section: 16 Township: 2N Range: 4E Grantee: FRANK TYSON C
• Grantor: HAMMACK DODE L, HAMMACK VALERIE R Legal: Sub/Mine: SUNSET MEADOWS SUB LA Lot: 6 City: MISCELLANE... Grantee: MCGUIRE MICHELE RENE
• Grantor: KING ERNEST LEE, KING SHARON R Legal: Quarter: NWSW Section: 4 Township: 1S Range: 4E Grantee: HARRIS SONNY LEROY F