News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Jul 25, 2013 - Staff
Jerome "Jerry" Clemetson of Riverton died at Riverton Memorial Hospital on Saturday, July 20, 2013. He was 66 years old. Cremation has taken place. A memorial service at 10 a.m. Thursday, July 25, at Davis Funeral Home in Riverton, with the Rev. Ian McFarland officiating. Inurnment of the ashes will follow at Mountain View Cemetery.
Lorene "Lory" Franklin of Riverton died at her home on Sunday, July 21. She was 84. Services are at 2 p.m. Thursday, July 25, at Trinity Lutheran Church in Riverton, with the Rev. Dave Magruder officiating. Internment will follow at Mountain View Cemetery. Arrangements under the direction of Davis Funeral Home
Cheryl Large of Riverton, 61, died at her home on Sunday, July 21, 2013. Cremation has taken place. A memorial service is at 2 p.m. Saturday, July 27, at Davis Funeral Home on Riverton. Bill Connell will officiate. Inurnment will follow at Mountain View Cemetery.
Judith Nethercott of Riverton died in a car accident on Saturday, July 20, 2013. Funeral services are at 9 a.m. Saturday, July 27, at Trinity Lutheran Church. Arrangements under the direction of Davis Funeral Home.
A daughter was born the Ashley Dewey and Daniel Addison, of Riverton, at 2:57 p.m. June 18, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 8.5 ounces.
A son was born to Daisy Norse, of Lander, and Joseph Antelope, of Riverton, at 7:15 p.m. July 13, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 6 ounces.
A daughter was born to Kathy Winters and Chris Apodaca, of Riverton, at 1:34 p.m. July 1, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 8 ounces.
A daughter was born to Cassandra Noel Foust and Brandon E. Bailey, of Riverton, at 12:01 p.m. July 1, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 7.1 pounds.
A son was born to Talisse Fighting Bear and Ormando Bell, of Riverton, at 12:39 a.m. July 3, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7.5 pounds.
A son was born to Martha Bragg, of Riverton, and Joseph Bragg, of Fort Washakie, at 2:06 a.m. July 10, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds, 9 ounces.
A child was born to Felicia Toole and Ronald Collins, of Riverton, at 1:22 p.m. June 17, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital.
A son was born to Hiliary and Kristopher Florence, of Riverton, at 8:47 p.m. June 20, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds, 10 ounces.
National Day of the Cowboy is in Dubois. Attendees can tour the galleries, participate in a whiskey tasting and dance to a country band. A cowboy parade and Western shoot-out will be at noon. Admission is free. For more information, 455-2700.
Casting For Recovery is July 26 to July 28 at Absaroka Ranch, 116 E. Rams Horn St., Dubois. A weekend retreat for women of all ages living in Wyoming who have survived breast cancer.
Fifth Annual Riverfest Art and Music in the Park is 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. in Lander City Park. Entry is $5, and children are free. All proceeds go toward the Lander Art Center. Artwork includes jewelry, metal, woodworking, painting, photography, leather work, ceramics, fiber and paper arts. Musicians include Buffalo Bill Boycott Band of Lander, Drag the River of Fort Collins, Colo., and Chanman Roots Band of Jackson.
Day of the Cowboy Parade is at 11 a.m. in Dubois. For more information, 455-2700.
Ride the Winds Poker Run 2013 is at 2 p.m. at the Wind River Hotel and Casino, 10269 Wyoming 789, Riverton. Registration begins at 10 a.m. All participants must be back by 6 p.m. The winners will be announced at 7 p.m. The casino will give away a 2013 Harley-Davidson bike at 8 p.m. For more information, visit windriverhotelcasino.com.
Oak Ridge Boys Concert is at 5 p.m. at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 1010 Fairgrounds Drive, Riverton.
Kip Moore Concert is at 9 p.m. at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 1010 Fairgrounds Drive, Riverton.
- Groom: TEIGLAND JOSHUA ALAN Bride: NELSON ALICIA NICOLE
- Groom: PARKS JOHN ALEXANDER Bride: MEREDITH DOMIEKA NIKOLE
- Groom: MCGAUGHEY JASON AUSTIN Bride: ARMSTRONG RACHEL LYNN
- Groom: SCHEUNEMAN LUCAS ARTHUR Bride: FISHER KATRINA ELAINE
- Groom: COX DANIEL GLEN Bride: BUSKOHL COURTNEY BREE
- Groom: MIRELES EDWARD LEE Bride: HARADA HEATHER ARNEE
- Groom: HULKOVICH JOSHUA LEE Bride: KRUSE JOSCELYN THOMPSON
- Groom: HOLDEREGGER JOHN MICHAEL II Bride: ORULLIAN KATRINA MARIE
- Groom: MCKEE HENRY WADE Bride: LEACH RACHEL LYNN
- Groom: CLINGMAN KERRY DEE Bride: PALMA BREANNA ROSE
- Groom: HINKLE MICHAEL LEE Bride: CRICHTON JENNIFER LYNN
- Groom: SMITH TRAVIS LEE Bride: BURDEN KATIE LOUISE
- Groom: WASHBURN LAWRENCE JOHN Bride: COLE MEGAN BECKWITH
- Groom: SMITH KEVIN CHARLES Bride: MITCHELL ERINN MEGAN
- Groom: ADDISON ROBERT LOUIS Bride: TIDZUMP JERI DENISE
- Groom: WHITE BUFFALO THOMAS ELLIOT Bride: NORRIS CATHERINE ELIZABETH
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Mary Addison, 50, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 1:10 p.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- William YellowRobe, 40, of St. Stephens, was arrested for public intoxication at about 8:50 p.m. Wednesday in the 400 block of East Main Street.
- Theodore Goggles, 71, of Riverton, was arrested for simple assault at about 8:50 p.m. Wednesday in the 200 block of North Federal Boulevard.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- No arrests were recorded during this timeframe.
- A Kindle device was reported stolen at about 5 p.m. Wednesday from a white 2006 Chevy double cab truck at the Fast Lane, 110 W. Second St. in Shoshoni.
- The Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 55 calls for service during this timeframe. County ambulances were dispatched 20 times, and area fire departments responded to two calls for help. Six people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges including one for driving under the influence, one other alcohol-related charge, one felony charge and eight misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 177 inmates including 161 at the facility, 10 in substance abuse treatment programs, two on home detention and four elsewhere.
- Grantor: VAUGHN JOHN RANDAL, VAUGHN MARILOU Legal: Quarter: NWNE Section: 27 Township: 1n Range: 4e Grantee: DRELLESHAK JOHN, DRELLESHAK DEBRA
- Grantor: HAGUE AUTO BODY INC Legal: Sub/Mine: PORCUPINE SUB FILING #1 DU Lot: 3 City: DUBOIS Grantee: LEONHARDT BONNIE TRUSTEE, LEONHARDT DARRELL TRUSTEE, LEONHARDT BONNIE LIVING TRUST
- Grantor: COLE LESLIE SUE, ASPEN BROOK INC Legal: Sub/Mine: WAGON GULCH SUB DU Lot: 1 City: DUBOIS Grantee: COLE LESLIE SUE, COLE KENT M Notes: TRACT 1
- Grantor: ROBERTS ROY E , ROBERTS LISA F Legal: Half: S Quarter: NW Section: 15 Township: 41N Range: 106W , Half: N Quarter: SW Section: 15 Township: 41N Range: 106W , Quarter: SW Section: 15 Township: 41N Range: 106W , ... Grantee: VERHEUL AMANDA M, VERHEUL BENJAMIN T
- Grantor: TRANSPORTATION COMMISSION OF WYOMING Legal: Sub/Mine: WEST VIEW PARK ADD #1 DU Lot: 49 City: DUBOIS Grantee: WOLTERING RICHARD K TRUSTEE, WOLTERING RICHARD K REVOCABLE LIVING TRUST
- Grantor: PICKINPAUGH RICHARD N , PICKINPAUGH SHAWNA L Legal: Quarter: SWNE Section: 11 Township: 33n Range: 100w Grantee: BUNCH BRYAN, KENYON ESTEY SARAH
- Grantor: METTZ ARBIE TRUSTEE, METTZ ARBIE LUND REVOCABLE TRUST Legal: Sub/Mine: AMORETTIS 1ST ADD LA Lot: 3 Block: 53 , Sub/Mine: AMORETTIS 1ST ADD LA Lot: 4 Block: 53 Grantee: QUARK LAND & CATTLE LLC
- Grantor: PW SALES INC Legal: Sub/Mine: BUCK & RAIL ESTATES #1 DU Lot: 7 City: DUBOIS Grantee: WICKS PAUL W TRUSTEE, WICKS PAUL W TRUST AGREEMENT
- Grantor: PW SALES INC Legal: Quarter: SWSW Section: 21 Township: 43N Range: 109W Grantee: WICKS PAUL W TRUSTEE, WICKS PAUL W TRUST AGREEMENT
- Grantor: QUARK LAND & CATTLE LLC Legal: Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 4 Block: 16 C..., Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 5 Block: 16 C... Grantee: LUND ARBIE
- Grantor: PW SALES INC Legal: Sub/Mine: JACKSON PARK Lot: 19 Block: 73 City: LANDER, Sub/Mine: JACKSON PARK Lot: 20 Block: 73 City: LANDER Grantee: WICKS PAUL W TRUSTEE, WICKS PAUL W TRUST AGREEMENT