News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Jul 31, 2013 - Staff
In Tuesday's Ranger, the page one story "Legless skydiver highlight of Rocking the Winds slate in Crowheart" should have said, "The camping area can support 400 to 500 people, and the concert area can support around a thousand."
A son was born to Chelcy Green and Dakota Mortensen, of Riverton, at 11:43 p.m. June 21, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds.
A daughter was born to Devonne Blake and Joshua Hocking, of Riverton, at 2:17 a.m. June 28, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 5 pounds, 13 ounces.
Todd Callies, 41, of Casper, died Thursday, July 25. Cremation has taken place, and funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 1, at Restoration Church in Casper. Dress is casual.
June Strickland, 70, of Riverton, died Saturday, July 27, at Wyoming Medical Center. Cremation has taken place and a memorial service will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 10, at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Arrangements are under the direction of Davis Funeral Home.
Green Beret Foundation Wounded Warrior Benefit is Aug. 1 to Aug. 4 at Grizzly Rock Ranch in Crowheart. For more information, call 486-2336.
Health Fair Blood Draw is 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. in the Dubois High School auditorium. For more information, call 455-2243.
Transitions and Hospice Volunteer Training is 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. July 29 to Aug. 2 at Help for Health Hospice Home, 1240 College View Drive, Riverton. For more information, call Cyndi at 856-1206.
Rocky Mountain Truck and Tractor Pulls is at 8 p.m. at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 1010 Fairgrounds Drive, Riverton. Tickets are $15 for adults and $8 for children.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Joshua C. Cox from Sarah E. Cox. Wife's former name of Birt restored.
Desirae M. Custeau from Adam P. Custeau. Wife granted custody of minor child.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Dillon Siebeck, 34, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation at about 11:10 a.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of West Adams Avenue.
- Leah Addison, 31, of Lander, was arrested for public intoxication at about 8:15 p.m. Tuesday at Riverton Memorial Hospital.
- Dory Green, 27, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 11:20 p.m. Tuesday in the 1200 block of North Federal Boulevard.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- James Champion, 37, of Grand Island, Neb., was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for contempt of court.
- During this timeframe the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center has taken 56 calls for service. County ambulances were dispatched 15 times, and area fire departments responded to three calls for help. Ten people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including one for driving under the influence, three other alcohol-related charges, two felony charges and 16 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 195 inmates, including 180 at the facility, 10 in substance abuse treatment programs, two on home detention and three elsewhere.
- Grantor: SCHAMBER ROBERT A, SCHAMBER CRYSTAL R Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERVIEW TERRACE SUB RI Lot: 5 Block: 17 Cit... Grantee: HERBOLD DAVID L, HERBOLD DAWN D
- Grantor: HELLYER TIMMERY A Legal: Half: S Quarter: NW Section: 8 Township: 33N Range: 98W , Half: N Quarter: SW Section: 8 Township: 33N Range: 98W Grantee: HELLYER TIMMERY A, HELLYER JAMES
- Grantor: BURTIS JANET L Legal: Sub/Mine: EARL & FARLOW ADD LA Lot: 14 Block: 110 City:..., Sub/Mine: EARL & FARLOW ADD LA Lot: 15 Block: 110 City:... Grantee: JAMES WILLIAM FRANKLIN, JAMES KIMBERLY TAYLOR
- Grantor: JACKS DONALD, JACKS CODY Legal: Sub/Mine: SPRIGGS 1ST ADD LA Lot: 14 Block: 2 City: LAN... Grantee: BRUNTY CODY D
- Grantor: RIVERTON DEPOT FOUNDATION Legal: Quarter: SWSE Section: 34 Township: 1N Range: 4E Grantee: FREMONT COUNTY COMMISSIONERS Notes: RESERVING UNTO GRANTOR A PEDESTRIAN PATH EASEMENT
- Grantor: RUNYAN JENNIFER K Legal: Sub/Mine: SOUTH VALLEY SUB LA Lot: 6 City: LANDER Grantee: RUNYAN JENNIFER K TRUSTEE, RUNYAN JENNIFER K REVOCABLE TRUST
- Grantor: ORTIZ GERARD, ORTIZ GERARD JR, ORTIZ LANETTE C Legal: Sub/Mine: MC LAUGHLIN ADD RI Lot: 3 Block: 2 City: RIVE..., Sub/Mine: MC LAUGHLIN ADD RI Lot: 4 Block: 2 City: RIVE... Grantee: ORTIZ LANETTE C TRUSTEE, ORTIZ FAMILY LIVING TRUST
- Grantor: ORTIZ GERARD, ORTIZ GERARD JR, ORTIZ LANETTE C Legal: Sub/Mine: BIG BEND 1ST SUB RI Lot: 8 Block: 1 City: RIV... Grantee: ORTIZ LANETTE C TRUSTEE, ORTIZ FAMILY LIVING TRUST
- Grantor: HILL VERN H Legal: Sub/Mine: VILLAGE AT RIVERBEND #3 RI Lot: 14 Block: 2 C... Grantee: WILLIAMSON NORMAN
- Grantor: BEAR MICHAEL C Legal: Sub/Mine: BIG WYOMING 1ST ADD RI Lot: 1 Block: 1 City: ... Grantee: NOWLAND ERIC CRAIG, NOWLAND ALEXA MOSSBROOK
- Grantor: BONSELL JAMES E Legal: Quarter: SWSW Section: 35 Township: 1N Range: 4E Grantee: WIND RIVER PAWN & AUTO LLC Notes: RESERVING MINERALS
- Grantor: HILL MARK, HILL EVI L Legal: Sub/Mine: MADDENS ADD LA Lot: 6 Block: 48 City: LANDER Grantee: NORRIS RENTALS LLC
- Grantor: NORRIS ROBERT A, NORRIS SHELLA R Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERVIEW ESTATES 1ST ADD LA Lot: 9 Block: 2 ... Grantee: NORRIS RENTALS LLC
- Grantor: SALTSGAVER JEREMY Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERTON ORIGINAL TOWN OF RI Lot: 1 Block: 45 ..., Sub/Mine: RIVERTON ORIGINAL TOWN OF RI Lot: 2 Block: 45 ... Grantee: SALTSGAVER JEREMY, SALTGAVER AMY P
- Grantor: JEVNE DAVID ALAN, JEVNE JUNE CECYLE Legal: Sub/Mine: PARK HILL ADD RI Lot: 15 Block: 1 City: RIVER... Grantee: JEVNE RENTALS LLC
- Grantor: KOLTISKA SHARON LEE CO TRUSTEE, KOLTISKA BRANDE J SHON CO TRUSTEE, KOLTISKA SHARON LEE REVOCABLE TRUST Legal: Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 2 Block: 18 C... Grantee: ARS PROPERTIES LLC
- Grantor: REINERT EARL B, REINERT DORIS M Legal: Sub/Mine: GREEN VALLEY SUB RI Lot: 8 City: RIVERTON Grantee: REINERT EARL B, REINERT DORIS M
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Monday, July 29, are as listed in the first column. The readings for Tuesday, July 30, are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 95 100
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes 287 304
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake -- --
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore -- --
Wind River near Crowheart 1,480 1,570
Wind River near Kinnear 562 563
Wind River at Riverton 61 64
Little Popo Agie River near Lander 54 57
Little Wind River near Riverton 79 78
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 271 290
Wind River below Boysen Reservoir 1,030 1,060
- Groom: DAY WILMER DEAN Bride: BENALLY LORETTA ROSE
- Groom: CROSS BILLY JOE Bride: THOMAS BRENDA LOUISE
- Groom: WOOD CHASE KRISTOPHER Bride: HANSON KATY JO
- Groom: WHITE BUFFALO THOMAS ELLIOT Bride: NORRIS CATHERINE ELIZABETH