News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Words women use that confuse the men
Mar 23, 2012 - By Carolyn B. Tyler
On the educational side of things, an Internet friend suggests that there are nine words women use of which men would be wise to understand the finite meaning.
1. Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument. It means they are right and you need to shut up.
2. Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before emptying the dishwasher and taking out the trash.
3. Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This actually means "something," and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with "nothing" usually end in "fine."
4. Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't do it!
5. Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but it often is misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to No 3 for the meaning of nothing.)
6. That's OK: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. "That's OK" means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.
7. Thanks: A woman is thanking you. Do not question, or faint. Just say you're welcome. (I want to add in a clause here -- this is true, unless she says "Thanks a lot," which is pure sarcasm. She is not thanking you at all. Do not say "you're welcome." That will bring on a "whatever").
8. Whatever: Is a woman's way of saying "Go to H&%#."
9. Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself.
This will later result in a man asking "What's wrong?"
For the woman's response, refer to No. 3.