Aug 1, 2013 - StaffClarification
The family of Piper Stark said the page one story "Dogs win ribbons and fans at fair" in Tuesday's Ranger should have said Stark trained her dog Dixie herself.
A son was born to Allison and Paul Hoverson, of Riverton, at 12:51 a.m. July 3, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds, 6 ounces.
A son was born to Abby and Cassidy Irvine, of Lander, at 1:54 a.m. June 23, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 5 ounces.
Rich L. Hensley, 66, of Riverton, died Wednesday, July 10, at his home. Funeral services were Monday, July 15, at Calvary Community Church in Gillette with Pastor Pete Friese officiating. Interment was in the Willow Grove Cemetery in Buffalo.
James "Jim" Ray, 83, of Riverton, died Wednesday, July 31, at Help for Health Hospice Home. Per his request, cremation has taken place. A memorial service will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 6, at United Presbyterian Church in Riverton. The Rev. Linda Norris will officiate. A reception will follow at the Fellowship Hall, and interment will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 7, at Crown Hill Cemetery in Powell.
Green Beret Foundation Wounded Warrior Benefit is Aug. 1 to Aug. 4 at Grizzly Rock Ranch in Crowheart. For more information, call 486-2336.
100th Fremont County Fair 2013 Fiddle Contest is 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 1010 Fairgrounds Drive, Riverton. For more information, call Joan Eisimann 850-8242 and Etica Flom 349-1608.
Atlantic City Open House and Art Walk is 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Atlantic City.
Second Annual Derby to Erad-DUCK-ate Polio is at 3 p.m. at the Rotary fire pit. One duck can be adopted for $10, the six-duck Quack Pack can be adopted for $50. Tickets can be bought from Rotarians or at the Riverton Chamber of Commerce, Kusel's, Jerry's Flowers, KTAK and First Interstate Bank. This is a Riverton Rendezvous event.
Archaeology with Altitude Gala is at 5 p.m. Aug. 3 at the Headwaters Arts and Conference Center, 20 Stalnaker St., Dubois. For more information, call 455-2687 or 455-2284.
Riverton Elks Demolition Derby is at 8 p.m. at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 1010 Fairgrounds Drive, Riverton. Fireworks display will follow.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Brian Paul Filibeck from Stephanie Wright Filibeck. Wife's former name of Wright restored.
Alvin G. Grospiron from Kim Grospiron.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- William YellowRobe, 40, of St. Stephen's, was arrested for public intoxication at about 4:35 p.m. Wednesday in the 200 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Dominic Arthur, 44, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 5:10 p.m. Wednesday at Walmart.
- Dana Eagle, 36, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 500 block of East Pershing Avenue.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Wayne Clingman, 35, of Riverton, was arrested for probation violation at about 11:10 p.m. Wednesday. A probation and parole officer reportedly called police to say Clingman, a registered sex offender, was in a house with children.
- A woman on River Lane in Riverton called to report a traffic accident at about 4:30 p.m. Wednesday. According to reports, she had swerved to miss a dog and had struck a post with her 2003 red Grand Prix. She didn't report injuries or road blockage but said her vehicle was still on the road. She reportedly was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash.
- During this timeframe the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 68 calls for service, including one involving a motor vehicle accident reporting property damage. County ambulances were dispatched 20 times, and area fire departments responded to three calls for help. Nine people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including one for driving under the influence, six other alcohol-related charges and 12 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 189 inmates including 174 at the facility, 10 in substance abuse treatment programs, two on home detention and three elsewhere.
- Grantor: DENKE DONALD D, DENKE DELORES V Legal: Quarter: NWSW Section: 15 Township: 3N Range: 2E , Half: W Quarter: NW Section: 15 Township: 3N Range: 2E , Quarter: NE Section: 16 Township: 3N Range: 2E , ... Grantee: DENKE DONALD DEAN TRUSTEE, DENKE DELORES VIVIAN TRUSTEE, DENKE FAMILY LIVING TRUST
- Grantor: DENKE DONALD D, DENKE DELORES V Legal: Quarter: SW Section: 22 Township: 3N Range: 2E Grantee: DENKE DONALD DEAN TRUSTEE, DENKE DELORES VIVIAN TRUSTEE, DENKE FAMILY LIVING TRUST
- Grantor: SALINAS JOSEPH A Legal: Sub/Mine: PLEASANTVIEWS SUB MI Lot: 10 City: MISCELLANE... Grantee: SMITH MICHELLE
- Grantor: FRANK FAMILY LIMITED PARTNENSHIP Legal: Quarter: SESE Section: 14 Township: 33N Range: 99W Grantee: WEBER LARRY, WEBER JEANNE
- Grantor: HLAVAZ NANETTE KELLY SUCCESSOR TRUSTEE, SETTLEMIRE INA MAY LIVING TRUST Legal: Sub/Mine: WOODRIDGE ESTATES RI Lot: 1 Block: 5 City: RI... Grantee: TOLMAN ZACHARY G, TOLMAN BRIEAN C
- Grantor: DUBOIS TOWN OF Legal: Quarter: SESW Section: 1 Township: 41N Range: 107W , Quarter: NENW Section: 12 Township: 41N Range: 107W Grantee: FREMONT COUNTY WYOMING, FREMONT COUNTY COMMISSIONERS Notes: WITH RIGHT OF REVERTER
- Grantor: SCOTT MICHAEL E Legal: Sub/Mine: DILLON VISTA SUB LA Lot: 2 Block: 9 City: LAN... Grantee: SCOTT MICHAEL E, SCOTT BONNY H
- Grantor: CASSITY RYAN L, CASSITY MAYGEN Y Legal: Sub/Mine: VALLEY HI ADD RI Lot: 17 Block: 1 City: RIVER... Grantee: YOUNG VINCE
- Grantor: RICHEY MARILYN Legal: Sub/Mine: BARRANCA VISTA SUB RI Lot: 4 Block: A City: R... Grantee: MALLON WILLIAM J JR
- Grantor: FANNIE MAE, FEDERAL NATIONAL MORTGAGE ASSOCIATION Legal: Sub/Mine: SUNBURST ESTATES RI Lot: 2 Block: 6 City: RIV... Grantee: TEACHOUT BRIAN, TEACHOUT LESLIE E Notes: SPECIAL WARRANTY DEED
- Grantor: WOODWARD DAVID L, GRAVELINE JANE F Legal: Sub/Mine: UPPER LITTLE WARM SPRING CREEK SUB DU Lot: 85 ... Grantee: GRAVELINE JANE F CO TRUSTEE, WOODWARD DAVID L CO TRUSTEE, GRAVELINE JANE F LIVING TRUST
- Grantor: NELSON DAN H, NELSON CLARICE V Legal: Sub/Mine: CHEVY CHASE 1ST ADD LA Lot: 3 Block: 4 City: ... Grantee: BULLEN ERIC, BULLEN HEATHER
- Grantor: SANDERSON KATHRYN J Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERS EDGE CONDOMINIUMS LA Lot: 210 City: LA... Grantee: NELSON DAN H, NELSON CLARICE V Notes: UNIT #210, RIVERS EDGE CONDOMINIUM
- Grantor: NOWLAND ERIC C, NOWLAND ALEXA M Legal: Sub/Mine: COUNTRY CLUB VILLAGES 1ST ADD RI Lot: 27 City... Grantee: OGG JASON DALE, OGG LAURA HOADLEY
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Tuesday, July 30, are as listed in the first column. The readings for Wednesday, July 31, are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 100 96
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes 304 314
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake -- --
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore -- 944
Wind River near Crowheart 1,570 1,630
Wind River near Kinnear 563 556
Wind River at Riverton 64 62
Little Popo Agie River near Lander 57 58
Little Wind River near Riverton 78 77
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 290 306
Wind River below Boysen Reservoir 1,060 1,030
- Groom: SAMUELSON BRADY ALEXANDER Bride: CALLAHAN MCKENZIE LEE
- Groom: PEDE THOMAS SCOTT Bride: BAKER SAMANTHA LYNN
- Groom: DAY WILMER DEAN Bride: BENALLY LORETTA ROSE
- Groom: GORDON EDWARD WAYNE Bride: DULIN CATHY KAY