A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Aug 8, 2013 - Staff
A son was born to Brooke Beebe, of Riverton, at 7:15 p.m. July 11, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
A son was born to Brooke Beebe, of Riverton, at 7:15 p.m. July 11, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 15 ounces.
A son was born to Jherica and Arthur Elliott, of Riverton, at 3:49 p.m. July 26, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 5 pounds, 13.5 ounces.
A daughter was born to Kira and Kris Davis, of Shoshoni, at 9:30 p.m. July 16, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 10 ounces.
A daughter was born to Mary and Edwin Fields, of Riverton, at 11:28 a.m. July 15, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 10 ounces.
A son was born to Jennifer and Ryan Foos, of Riverton, at 10:45 a.m. July 30, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 2.5 ounces.
A daughter was born to Sara and Travis Goff, of Riverton, at 3:20 p.m. July 28, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 8 pounds, 4 ounces.
A daughter was born to Sarah and Nick Harris, of Riverton, at 1:17 p.m. July 29, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces.
A son was born to Emily and Brandon Howell, of Riverton, at 6:46 a.m. July 22, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 8 ounces.
A daughter was born to Celeste and Dominick John Weigel Jr., of Lander, at 6:27 p.m. June 29, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 3 ounces.
A daughter was born to Katera B. Jenkins, of Riverton, and Clinton C. Williams, of Salt Lake City, at 7:57 p.m. July 9, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 12 ounces.
A daughter was born to Taryn and Garth Yeates Jr., of Riverton, at 10:37 p.m. June 21, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 4 pounds, 10 ounces.
Marcella Mary Frances Hoffart, 95, of Hartington, Neb., the mother of Ruth Kusel of Riverton, died Tuesday, July 30, at the Golden Living Center in Hartington. Mass of Christian burial was Tuesday, Aug. 6, at St. Michael's Catholic Church in Coleridge, Neb., with the Rev. David Liewer officiating. Burial followed at St. Michael's Cemetery in Hartington. Visitation took place Monday at the church, as did a vigil service.
Charlotte Jakowski-Hare, 97, of Riverton, died Monday, Aug. 5. Graveside services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 17, at Mount Hope Cemetery in Lander.
Dubois School Reunion is Aug. 9 to Aug. 11 in Dubois. For more information, call 455-2481 or 455-2315.
Dubois Friends of the Library Book Sale is 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Dubois Library, 202 N. First St., Dubois.
Lander Family Fun Day is 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Pushroot Community Garden, 715 Amoretti St., Lander. Event is free and includes garden education classes, pet worms, contests, bee demonstrations, face painting and games. Families are encouraged to bring water, sunscreen, swimsuit and a towel and are asked to leave pets at home.
Chariot Races are at noon at the Dubois Town Overlook.
Dubois Volunteer Fire Department Buffalo Barbecue is 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Dubois Town Park. Tickets are $10.
Run For Chance is at 8:30 p.m. at Dubois Town Park. For more information, call 455-2413 or visit www.chancephelps.org.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Jennifer M. Minner from Michael L. Minner. Wife's former name of Smith restored.
Denise Lynn Morrow from Jason Michael Morrow. Wife granted custody of minor child. Wife's former name of Lane restored.
Mallorey Kay Moskovita from David James Rohr. Wife granted custody of minor children.
Roy V. Reuber from Cheryl D. Reuber.
Jeff Anthony Sauer from Lori Ann Sauer.
Brenda Lee Savage from James Daniel Savage.
Matese Schatza from Andrew Schatza. Joint custody of minor children. Wife's former name of Sims restored.
Richard J. Stadler from Brenda D. Stadler.
Robert Terry from Louise Terry.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Vincent YellowBear, 52, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 8:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 200 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Elizabeth Quiver, 45, of Fort Washakie, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 10:20 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of East Roosevelt Avenue.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Catherine Thulin, 38, of Riverton, was arrested for driving while under the influence at about noon Wednesday in the 6500 block of Riverview Road in Riverton. Deputies were responding to reports of a one-vehicle accident in the area involving a 2007 Toyota Corolla "down in (a) ditch." Officials said Thulin was the sole occupant of the vehicle, which reportedly became disabled after it left the road. No injuries were reported.
- Dispatchers sent an ambulance at about 3:40 p.m. Wednesday to the intersection of Thunder Lane and Ethete Road to assist a reporting party who said he had been stabbed at that location. Officials had no further information about the incident, which is being investigated by the Wind River Police Department.
- Brynn Taylor, 29, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation at about 12:45 a.m. Thursday in the 800 block of East Monroe Avenue. According to initial reports, she called deputies to request her own arrest, and she told dispatchers she had two children she wanted taken away from her. Officials said the children were placed in state custody.
- During this timeframe the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 66 calls for service. County ambulances were dispatched 15 times, and area fire departments responded to four calls for help. Four people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including one for driving under the influence, one other alcohol-related charge and four misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 181 inmates, including 167 at the facility, 10 in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and three elsewhere.
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Wednesday, Aug. 7, are as listed in the first column. The readings for Tuesday, Aug. 6, are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois -- --
Wind River above Red Creek -- --
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes 318 286
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake N/A N/A
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 743 791
Wind River near Crowheart 1,350 1,380
Wind River near Kinnear 375 376
Wind River at Riverton 35 41
Little Popo Agie River near Lander 51 50
Little Wind River near Riverton 69 67
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 295 286
Wind River below Boysen Reservoir 1,030 1,050