Aug 14, 2013 - StaffBirths
A daughter was born to Shila Kazee, of Kinnear, and Mitchel J. Warren Jr., of Arapahoe, at 11:21 p.m. July 22, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 11 ounces.
A daughter was born to Frantasia Maldonado and Malcolm Whiteplume, of Riverton, at 8:53 a.m. July 26, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 11 ounces.
Cindy Leigh Maddux, 62, of Fort Collins, Colo., died Saturday, Aug. 10. The funeral service will be at 10 a.m. Friday, Aug. 16, at Timberline Church, South Auditorium, in Fort Collins, Colo. Interment will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 17, at Mountain View Cemetery in Riverton.
Nina Larson Shimek, 80, longtime Thermopolis resident, died of heart complications Monday, Aug. 12, at Billings Clinic in Montana. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Friday, Aug. 16, at the Hot Springs Christian Church with Pastor Daryl Lottman officiating. Burial will follow at Riverside Cemetery.
Suicide Alertness Training is 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave. The public is invited to attend the free Question. Persuade. Refer. training. For more information or to RSVP, call Tauna at 349-4495 or Duffy at 840-4202.
The Cowboy Sweetheart Jan Marrou Concert is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on the south lawn of the Dubois Library, 202 N. First St., Dubois.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Mary Esther Moffitt from Daniel Buck Moffitt. Wife's former name of Amador restored.
Jessica M. Murray from Ty Murray. Joint custody of minor child. Wife's former name of White restored.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Tina Jenkins, 39, of Ethete, was arrested for driving under the influence with a child in the vehicle at about 10:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 100 block of Apache Avenue.
- Clowry Means, 46, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 10:45 a.m. Tuesday in the 900 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Richard LongSoldier, 42, of Riverton, and Ardie LongSoldier, 43, of Riverton, both were arrested for public intoxication at about 11:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 100 block of South Second Street West. Officers were responding to reports of a fight.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Denzyl Brown, 20, of Riverton, was arrested for probation violation.
- Marissa Brown, 19, of St. Stephen's, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear.
- A 12-year-old girl playing near the intersection of Y and Dalley roads Tuesday evening reported that a man approached her in a dark-colored four-door sedan and attempted to "lure her into his vehicle" at about 9 p.m., according to reports. The girl reportedly ran home and notified her parents. She said the suspect is a white man about 20 or 30 years old wearing a black "hoodie." She described him as about 6 feet tall with no facial hair. All county law enforcement agencies were made aware of this incident, but as of Wednesday morning authorities said they had not made contact with the suspect. The case is under investigation.
- During this timeframe the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center has taken 65 calls for service, including two involving motor vehicle accidents with one reporting injuries. County ambulances were dispatched 15 times, and area fire departments responded to three calls for help. Nine people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including one for driving under the influence, three other alcohol-related charges, one felony charge and eight misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 176 inmates, including 164 at the center, eight in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and three elsewhere.
- Grantor: PALMER STEVE, PALMER TERRI Legal: Half: E Quarter: NE Section: 24 Township: 33N Range: 100W , Section: 19 Township: 33N Range: 99W Lot: 1 , Section: 19 Township: 33N Range: 99W Lot: 2 Grantee: GANNETT GROUP INC2013-1364393
- Grantor: LOWHAM HUGH W, LOWHAM ISABELLE Legal: Quarter: NESE Section: 24 Township: 33N Range: 100W Grantee: LOWHAM HUGH W TRUSTEE, LOWHAM HUGH W REVOCABLE TRUST, LOWHAM ISABELLE Z TRUSTEE, ... Notes: DEED RESERVATIONS
- Grantor: MCCORMICK JEREMY, MCCORMICK MELISSA Legal: Sub/Mine: COUNTRY CLUB ESTATES RI Lot: 20 City: RIVERTON Grantee: MATHILL SHANE A, MATHILL TONYA N2013-1364429
- Grantor: MCCARSON KATHI, SHINKLE KATHI, SAUNDERS TERRY Legal: Sub/Mine: RYAN HEIGHTS ADD RI Lot: 9 Block: 2 City: RIV... Grantee: TYRA INGA B, TYRA JACOB J2013-1364428
- Grantor: MCCARSON KATHI, SHINKLE KATHI Legal: Sub/Mine: RYAN HEIGHTS ADD RI Lot: 9 Block: 2 City: RIV... Grantee: TYRA INGA B, TYRA JACOB J2013-1364392
- Grantor: LOWHAM HUGH W, LOWHAM ISABELLE Legal: Quarter: SENE Section: 24 Township: 33N Range: 100W , Section: 19 Township: 33N Range: 99W Lot: 2 , Quarter: SWNW Section: 19 Township: 33N Range: 99W Grantee: LOWHAM HUGH W TRUSTEE, LOWHAM HUGH W REVOCABLE TRUST, LOWHAM ISABELLE Z TRUSTEE, ...2013-1364391
Rec Date: 07/19/2013 02:54:08 PMBookPage: Affected:
- Grantor: LOWHAM HUGH W, LOWHAM ISABELLE Legal: Quarter: SENE Section: 24 Township: 33N Range: 100W Grantee: LOWHAM HUGH W TRUSTEE, LOWHAM HUGH W REVOCABLE TRUST, LOWHAM ISABELLE Z TRUSTEE, ...2013-1364390
- Grantor: LOWHAM HUGH W, LOWHAM ISABELLE Legal: Quarter: SENE Section: 24 Township: 33N Range: 100W Grantee: LOWHAM HUGH W TRUSTEE, LOWHAM HUGH W REVOCABLE TRUST, LOWHAM ISABELLE Z TRUSTEE, ...2013-1364416
- Grantor: ROWAN JUDY ANN Legal: Sub/Mine: DINWOODIE ADD DU Lot: 6 Block: 2 City: DUBOIS, Sub/Mine: DINWOODIE ADD DU Lot: 7 Block: 2 City: DUBOIS, Section: 33 Township: 5N Range: 5W Lot: 8 Grantee: ROWAN JUDY ANN TRUSTEE, ROWAN JUDY ANN TRUST Notes: WITH AN EXTENSION OF 50 FEET
- Grantor: MCCALLUM THOMAS LEE, GRIFFIN MCCALLUM NICKY Legal: Sub/Mine: COUNTRY CLUB ACRES ADD AMENDED RI Lot: 11 Cit... Grantee: THOMPSON DAXTON C, THOMPSON JAMIE L2013-1364417
- Grantor: CASTAGNO STANLEY J, SZEWC JENNIFER J, CASTAGNO JENNIFER J Legal: Sub/Mine: MOUNTAIN SPLENDOR SUB MI Lot: 15 City: MISCEL... Grantee: ROTROFF SYLVIA A 2013-1364424
- Grantor: THOMPSON JAMIE L, STANBURY JAMIE L, THOMPSON DAXTON C Legal: Sub/Mine: VILLAGE AT RIVERBEND #3 RI Lot: 11 Block: 2 C... Grantee: SAUER LORI A2013-1364421
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Tuesday, Aug. 13, are as listed in the first column. The readings for Monday, Aug. 12, are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 82 81
Wind River above Red Creek -- --
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes 340 221
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake N/A N/A
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 933 926
Wind River near Crowheart 1,480 1,520
Wind River near Kinnear 375 377
Wind River at Riverton 39 38
Little Popo Agie River near Lander 49 51
Little Wind River near Riverton 59 57
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 291 269
Wind River below Boysen Reservoir 1,080 1,070
- Groom: OLSON JESSE JAMES Bride: NANTT BRANDICE JEANANNE
- Groom: BATH BENJAMIN WAYNE Bride: BATH SARAH ELIZABETH
- Groom: KOHLER KIRBY DALE Bride: FOY JESSICA LYNN
- Groom: VANVLEET JIMMY DAVID Bride: STUART BECKY BERNICE LAURA
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.