A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Aug 15, 2013 - Staff
A son was born to Philma Willow, of Ethete, at 12:53 a.m. July 23, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
A son was born to Philma Willow, of Ethete, at 12:53 a.m. July 23, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 10 ounces.
A son was born to Krysti Bateman and James Wood, of Riverton, at 5:29 a.m. Aug. 4, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 9.5 ounces.
Nelson Richard "Tex" Altsman, 88, died Thursday, Aug. 8, at Wind River Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center in Riverton. Cremation and private family services have taken place.
Rendezvous Rock Festival is at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 1010 Fairgrounds Drive, Riverton. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased at the fair office. For more information, call 856-6611 or e-mail email@example.com.
Lander Sprint Triathlon is at 7 a.m. in Lander. Events include 750-meter swim, 20k bike and 5k run. Individuals and teams can compete. For more information, visit landertriclub.blogspot.com.
Dubois' Annual Humane Society Dog Wash is 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the Dubois Branch Library south lawn, 202 N. First St. All proceeds will benefit Western Fremont County Humane Society. Cost is $5 a dog.
Summer Bash, sponsored by the Meth/Suicide Prevention Initiative, is noon to 9 p.m. Aug. 17 in the band shell at Riverton City Park. Everyone and all types of music are welcome. The free, family-oriented event is drug and alcohol free.
Buffalo Barbecue at Pioneer Museum is 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Museum of the American West, 1445 W. Main St., Lander. The event includes entertainment and a Cookie Jar Auction. Tickets are $15 for adults and $7.50 for children under 5. All proceeds go to the Fremont County Pioneer Association. Tickets are available at the Lander Area Chamber of Commerce 160 N. First St. For more information, call 332-3373.
Catch the Night Shift: Carissa Mine Tour and Scotch Tasting is 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. in the Miners' Exchange Saloon hosted by the Miner's Delight Inn Bed and Breakfast. Tickets are $40. For more information, call 332-3684.
Bruce Jacobson Benefit is at 1 p.m. at the Wind River Recreation Hall in Pavillion. Jacobson has been hospitalized at the University of Utah hospital in Salt Lake City since he was life-flighted there June 21 for extensive heart surgery. An account has been set up at the Wyoming Community Bank in Riverton for anyone wishing to make a cash donation. To donate items for the auction, call Jerri Robinson at 856-3882, Pam Rivers at 856-9704 or Bryce Westlake at 857-2752.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Richard Narvie Seabolt from Debra Sue Seabolt.
LaDawna R. Seavey from Mark Gene Seavey. Wife granted sole custody of minor children. Wife's former name of Price restored.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Edwin Armour, 35, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant at about 10:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of Comanche Drive.
- Roxanne Mons, 50, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 12:15 p.m. Wednesday in the 200 block of North Smith Road.
- A 39-year-old Riverton man was issued a misdemeanor citation for indecent dress/exposure at about 7:50 p.m. Wednesday in the 900 block of West Main Street. He was released with his promise to appear in court at a later date.
- A person was arrested at about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of East Main Street in connection with a sexual assault case that is currently under investigation by RPD detectives. No information is being released at this time.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Steven Lindsey, 60, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 11 a.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of Cherry Street in Riverton.
- Lucia Jenkins, 56, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 3 p.m. Wednesday at the Fremont County Sheriff's Office in Riverton.
- Search and rescue volunteers transported a 16-year-old patient from the Whiskey Creek trailhead outside of Dubois to a nearby hospital after she reportedly fell off of a horse and hurt her back at about 12:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- During this timeframe the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 53 calls for service, including one involving a motor vehicle accident. County ambulances were dispatched 13 times, and area fire departments responded to five calls for help. Six people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including one for driving under the influence, one felony charge and six misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 170 inmates, including 158 at the facility, eight in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and three elsewhere.
- Grantor: BURKHALTER ROBERT , BURKHALTER MARIE A Legal: Sub/Mine: SPY GLASS CLUSTER HOMES NORTH ADDITION RI Lot:..., Sub/Mine: SPY GLASS CLUSTER HOMES NORTH ADDITION RI Lot:... Grantee: MCCALLUM THOMAS LEE, MCCALLUM NICKY GRIFFIN Notes: LOT 94.20
- Grantor: JORGENSEN CODI, JORGENSEN KYLE W Legal: Sub/Mine: MAZURIE 2ND ADD LA Lot: 2 Block: 1 City: LANDER Grantee: KNESS TREVOR C, KNESS JENILEE L2013-1364432
- Grantor: ENOS BECKY L TRUSTEE, ENOS ROYAL L TRUSTEE, ENOS BECKY L LIVING TRUST Legal: Quarter: NESE Section: 2 Township: 33N Range: 100W , Quarter: NWSW Section: 1 Township: 33N Range: 100W , Quarter: SENE Section: 2 Township: 33N Range: 100W , ... Grantee: WIND RIVER LAND INC2013-1364441
- Grantor: PITT MICHAEL D, PITT LISA Legal: Sub/Mine: BI-CENTENNIAL ADD REPLAT RI Lot: E City: RIVE... Grantee: PENNOCK SANDRA J Notes: PARCEL "E"
- Grantor: PAPPAS KATHLEEN A Legal: Quarter: NENW Section: 13 Township: 29N Range: 100W Grantee: TOWNSEND ROBERT TRUSTEE, TOWNSEND BARBARA TRUSTEE, WELLS DYMOND LIVING TRUST2013-1364452
- Grantor: ABSOLON MARY A Legal: Sub/Mine: MONTGOMERY SUB LA Lot: 2 City: LANDER Grantee: BRODIE SUSAN L, BRODIE PAUL J Notes: TRACT 2
- Grantor: VIRDEN DOROTHY J Legal: Sub/Mine: ACCOLA ADD LA Lot: 6 Block: 6 City: LANDER Grantee: MCKNIGHT STEVEN J2013-1364457
- Grantor: KERWIN DOROTHY MAXINE Legal: Sub/Mine: JOHNSON 1ST ADD LA Lot: 5 Block: 3 City: LANDER Grantee: KERWIN DOROTHY MAXINE, SPANN MARGARET F2013-1364415
- Grantor: ROWAN JUDY ANN Legal: Quarter: NESW Section: 19 Township: 33N Range: 99W Grantee: ROWAN JUDY ANN TRUSTEE, ROWAN JUDY ANN TRUST2013-1364455
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Wednesday, Aug. 14, are as listed in the first column. The readings for Tuesday, Aug. 13, are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 81 80
Wind River above Red Creek -- --
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes 221 193
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake N/A N/A
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 926 928
Wind River near Crowheart 1,520 1,490
Wind River near Kinnear 377 376
Wind River at Riverton 38 44
Little Popo Agie River near Lander 51 49
Little Wind River near Riverton 56 56
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 269 257
Wind River below Boysen Reservoir 1,070 1,040
- Groom: LYLES MATTHEW JACOB Bride: LONGTINE TESHEENA LARAE
- Groom: WESCH GARY BORAY Bride: LOOMER TIANA MARIE
- Groom: PARKS JOHN ALEXANDER Bride: MEREDITH DOMIEKA NIKOLE
- Groom: SCHEUNEMAN LUCAS ARTHUR Bride: FISHER KATRINA ELAINE