Aug 20, 2013 - StaffDeaths
Jody Lopez, 56, of Riverton, died Sunday, Aug. 18, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. Per her request, cremation has taken place. The family will receive friends between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 21, at Davis Funeral Home.
Rocky Mountain Gals Breakfast Meeting is at 9 a.m. at the Holiday Inn, 900 E. Sunset Drive, Riverton.
Torrey Basin Petroglyph Trek is at 5 p.m. at the Dubois Museum, 909 W. Rams Horn St., Dubois. For more information, call 455-2284. Event is free.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Eldon Antelope, 48, of Riverton, was arrested for breach of peace, interfering with a peace officer and assault at about 4 p.m. Friday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard. The initial call was regarding intoxication.
- Joan Lepine, 51, of Riverton, was arrested for assault at about 10:30 p.m. Friday in the 1400 block of Cheryl Sue Drive. Officers were responding to reports of a family fight.
- Police issued misdemeanor citations to a 37-year-old Riverton man and a 34-year-old Riverton woman for assault at about 10:45 a.m. Saturday in the 1000 block of Sierra Drive. They were released with their promise to appear in court at a later date. The initial call was regarding domestic abuse.
- Cedric Shakespeare, 27, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for driving under the influence 11:50 a.m. Saturday in the 1600 block of West Main Street. The initial call was regarding a hit and run accident.
- Clayton Barrett, 30, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant and for interfering with a peace officer at about 10 p.m. Sunday in the 1000 block of East Roosevelt Avenue. Officers were responding to reports of a family fight.
- Police issued misdemeanor citations to a 20-year-old Riverton woman and a 19-year-old Riverton woman for underage possession of alcohol at about 12:05 a.m. Monday in the 1700 block of West Sunset Drive. They were released with their promise to appear in court at a later date.
- David Ferris, 46, of Ethete, was arrested for driving under the influence and possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) at about 12:15 p.m. Monday in the 500 block of East Pershing Avenue.
- James Dupont, 31, of Woodworth, La., was arrested on two counts of strangulation of a household member at about 1:30 p.m. Monday in the 600 block of West Main Street. Officers were responding to calls about domestic abuse.
- Three juveniles were issued misdemeanor citations for petit larceny at about 7:30 p.m. Monday in the 300 block of West Adams Avenue. Three Riverton girls ages 11, 12 and 13 were released with their promise to appear in court at a later date.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Stefanie Bigmedicine, 31, of Riverton, was arrested for driving while under the influence.
- Sharelle Brown, 25, of Ethete, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 9 a.m. Sunday at the Fremont County Detention Center in Lander.
- Vandalism was reportedly at about 3 p.m. Friday from the 100 block of Pine Street in Shoshoni when a man said the tires on his vehicle had been slashed.
- An old oil line caused concern at about 11:30 a.m. Friday near Crooks Mountain in Jeffrey City. According to initial reports, someone saw oil coming from the pipeline and spilling onto the road. Officials said several gallons of oil had seeped onto the ground. Representatives of the company involved said they would dig up the pipe and mitigate the situation.
- Carl King, 26, of Riverton, was arrested for felonious restraint, aggravated assault and battery, and strangulation of a household member Friday evening. The incident began at about 11:45 p.m. Friday at Walmart, where a 21-year-old pregnant woman reportedly said she had been assaulted. A deputy reportedly saw the woman walking on North Federal Boulevard attempting to flag down traffic. She reportedly told the deputy that her boyfriend had attacked her while the two were driving from the area of East Monroe Avenue. She said she was able to escape from the car after King stopped for a red light near Webbwood Road. She was taken to Riverton Memorial Hospital to be treated for injuries including bruises, swelling, scratches and a laceration. King was later located and arrested on the three felony charges. Officials said there were no known complications with the fetus.
- A small, yellow plane reportedly was flying too low to the ground at about 6:45 p.m. Friday, when a resident said the aircraft was "buzzing houses" near Buckhorn Flats Road.
- William Hamilton, 40, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence and on a warrant through Canadian County in Oklahoma at about 5:15 p.m. Saturday in the 900 block of North Eighth Street West.
- Christopher Montano, 40, of Johnstown, Colo., was arrested on an Albany County warrant.
- Riverton firefighters responded at about 3:30 p.m. Sunday to a structure fire on U.S. Highway 26 near the Riverview Cutoff. Officials said the accidental blaze was started by a grease fire on a stove. The home sustained "pretty heavy" smoke damage but reportedly was salvageable.
- A Riverton woman reportedly crashed her vehicle into a storage shed at about 12:30 a.m. Monday in county jurisdiction. Officials said the call originated from the 1900 block of Prairie Road in Riverton when the woman's husband called officials to look for her. The crash reportedly caused less than $1,000 in damage; no one was injured.
- Vickie Blake, 48, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 9 a.m. Monday at Fremont County Circuit Court in Riverton.
- Jesse Manzanares, 31, of Riverton, was arrested on a court order at about 10:30 a.m. Monday at the Fremont County Sheriff's Office in Riverton.
- A man and his son reportedly found a 2003 Polaris 700 four-wheeler at about 4:30 p.m. Monday near Pete's Lake above Lander. The reporting party said the vehicle had its "tires and gas line shot out." Officials said the four-wheeler was reported stolen two weeks ago.
- During this timeframe the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 244 calls for service, including four involving motor vehicle accidents with one reporting injuries and one reporting property damage. County ambulances were dispatched 61 times, and area fire departments responded to nine calls for help. Twenty-one people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including eight for driving under the influence, two other alcohol-related charges, nine felony charges and 35 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 159 inmates, including 148 at the facility, eight in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and two elsewhere.
- Grantor: MARTENS CAMERON D, MARTENS MARGARET E Legal: Sub/Mine: COUNTRY CLUB VILLAGES 1ST ADD RI Lot: 42 City... Grantee: SPRINGMAN ROBBIE2013-1364732
- Grantor: HILL ROBERT ARTHUR, HILL LEIGHTON CARL, HILL JON DAVID Legal: Sub/Mine: SUNSET 3RD ADD LA Lot: 19 Block: 9 City: LANDER Grantee: MCDONALD TARA JO2013-1364731
- Grantor: KOTUNOK VICTOR D, KOTUNOK LYNN S Legal: Half: E Quarter: NE Section: 29 Township: 33N Range: 99W Grantee: ESPINOSA ANN M, ESPINOSA WILLIAM J, ESPINOSA CLAY J2013-1364734
- Grantor: WARREN KAYLA Legal: Sub/Mine: COLLEGE HILL DEVELOPMENT REPLAT BLKS 1,3,6,7 R... Grantee: TRUJLLO KELCE K2013-13
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Monday, Aug. 18, are as listed in the first column. The readings for Sunday, Aug. 17, are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 73 71
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes 238 256
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake N/A N/A
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 1,040 1,040
Wind River near Crowheart 1,540 1,520
Wind River near Kinnear 369 367
Wind River at Riverton 40 40
Little Popo Agie River near Lander 41 41
Little Wind River near Riverton 53 52
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 247 249
Wind River below Boysen Reservoir 1,040 1,050
- Groom: LAMB SPENCER LEE Bride: ROSSIE LEA MICHELLE
- Groom: TILLMAN TOM CHARLES Bride: PEAHRORA PATRICIA KAY
- Groom: WESCH GARY BORAY Bride: LOOMER TIANA MARIE
- Groom: GARDNER BENJAMIN WILLIAM SR Bride: ATENE JENNIFER
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.