Aug 22, 2013 - By Katie Roenigk, Staff WriterNo one was injured in the blaze, but the building's interior log walls were charred.
An accidental fire Tuesday evening left Mom's Breakfast House in Dubois heavily damaged by heat and smoke.
No one was injured in the blaze, but Dubois fire chief Mike Frantini said the structure's log walls were charred from the inside.
"It did sustain pretty heavy damage to the interior," he said Wednesday. "The outside looks good, but the inside ... I don't know what they can do."
A passing motorist made the report at about 11:40 p.m. Tuesday, when smoke apparently was visible from the restaurant at 106 E. Ramshorn St. Frantini said the responding crew included three engine companies and a rescue truck.
"We had heavy fire showing from the rear of the structure," he said. "We made entry and knocked the fire down fairly quickly."
The blaze was under control by 12:30 a.m. Wednesday, he said, and firefighters remained on scene until about 4 a.m. An investigator determined the incident was accidental, and Frantini said the fire appeared to have been caused by kitchen machinery.
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.