Mar 27, 2012 - StaffDeaths
Caroletta M. Sinner, 78, died Friday, March 23, at her home in Riverton. According to her wishes, cremation will take place and there will be no services. Memorials may be made to the Tough Enough Cancer Fund. Online condolences may be made at www.theDavisFuneralHome.com.
Charlie G. Miller, 95, a lifelong Fremont County resident, died Monday, March 26, at the Help for Health Hospice Home in Riverton. Arrangements are pending through the Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
Former Lander and Jeffrey City resident Michael D. "Mike" Roberts, 54, of Great Falls, Mont., died Monday, March 19, of injuries he received in a mining accident. Services were Saturday, March 24, at the First Alliance Church in Great Falls. A trust fund has been established for his children at US Bank, 300 Central Ave., Great Falls, MT 59401. Condolences may be posted online at www.croxfordfuneralhome.com and/or www.gftribune.com/obituaries.
Felicia M. WallowingBull, 43, died Sunday, March 11, at the Riverstone Hospice Home in Billings, Mont. Evening services were Monday, March 26, at the Wind Dancer Funeral Chapel in Fort Washakie with interment Tuesday, March 27, at the WallowingBull Family Cemetery at Ethete.
Game and Fish 2012 Hunting Season Public Meeting is 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Game and Fish Regional Office, 260 Buena Vista Drive, Lander. The Wyoming Game and Fish Department is having a series of public meetings to present and discuss 2012 hunting seasons. Attending a game season public meeting is one way to learn about wildlife populations, ask questions and visit with Game and Fish biologists and wardens. Written comments will be accepted until 5 p.m. April 2 and should be mailed to the Wyoming Game and Fish Department, Attn: Regulations, 3030 Energy Lane, Casper, WY 82604. All written comments are given to the Wyoming Game and Fish Commission for their review.
Lander Community Concerts Association Concert is 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the Lander Valley High School Auditorium. Under the artistic direction of Spanish choreographer Juan Siddi, some of flamenco's most unique and creative musicians, singers and dancers bring their talent to the stage with world-class performances that inspire audiences with exhilarating passion. Please arrive by 6:40 p.m. to ensure that the concert begins on time. For more information, visit http://www.landerconcerts.org.
To add an event to the community calendar, please e-mail the information to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "community calendar"R00;in the subject line.
In Riverton police reports from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- Nelson Duran, 32, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication and a municipal court warrant.
- Roshell Correa, 36, of Arapahoe, was arrested for driving under the influence (DUI).
- Robert Richards, 35, of Riverton, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) and for municipal court warrants.
- Curtis Kienlen, 40, of Ethete, was arrested for a municipal court warrant.
- Steven King, 28, of Riverton, was arrested for a Washakie County warrant.
- Jean Guillory, 22, of Riverton, was arrested for aggravated assault (domestic violence).
- Caleb Martinez, 23, of Riverton, was arrested for DUI.
- Zachary Bellinger, 21, of Riverton, was arrested for interfering with a police officer.
- The Riverton Police Department has recently received a number of reports of property damage caused by spray paint. The identity of the individual(s) responsible for these acts of vandalism are not known at this time and the police are seeking help from the public.
RPD Capt. C.T. Smith said many of the acts have involved blue or red spray paint, which may have left remnants of paint on the hands of the suspect(s).
The RPD is offering a $250 reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of any individual responsible for committing these acts of vandalism.
Please contact police chief Mike Broadhead or Smith at 856-4891 with any information.
Anonymous tips may be left at (307) 857-7755 (though anonymity would prevent acceptance of the reward).
In Fremont County Sheriff's reports from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- Kelly R. Baker, 26, of Lander, was arrested for contempt of court.
- A 14-year-old Ethete girl was arrested for simple assault.
- During the same time period, ambulance crews responded to 46 calls and firefighters were called out 25 times.
- At 8:42 p.m. on Monday, dispatch received a report about a large mountain lien walking across the bridge near milepost five on Highway 287 between Milford and Fort Washakie. The Wyoming Game and Fish Department is handling the incident.