News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Aug 27, 2013 - Staff
ALCANTAR DE VARGAS
Marcela Alcantar de Vargas, 58, of Riverton, died Friday, Aug. 23, in Fruita, Colo. Visitation will be 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 28, at United Methodist Church in Riverton. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 29, at the church with a luncheon afterward.
John Raemon Horton, 84, died Wednesday, Aug. 21, at Wyoming Medical Center in Casper. Visitation will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 28, at Davis Funeral Home, and funeral services will begin at 2 p.m. with Pastor Tim Senter of the Grace Bible Church in Lander officiating. Interment will follow at Mountain View Cemetery with committal rites by the Riverton Masonic Lodge 26 AF&AM.
Donna Jean Kramer, 79, died Friday, Aug. 9, at Help for Health Hospice in Riverton after a lengthy illness. Per her request, cremation has taken place. A graveside service will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 31, at Mountain View Cemetery. To remember and celebrate her life, a potluck gathering will follow the service at Cornerstone Community Church in Riverton.
"Butch Cassidy, My Uncle" Book Signing is at 4 p.m. Aug. 29 at the Wind River Hotel and Casino, 10269 Wyoming 789, Riverton. Bill Betenson will speak about his book and sign autographs.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Stephanie Whitman, 20, of Riverton, was arrested for interference and on a probation warrant at about 9:10 p.m. Friday in the 200 block of North Twelfth Street East. Also arrested was Andrew McIntyre, 21, of Riverton, for reckless endangering and aggravated assault. The initial report was regarding a weapon offense.
- Christy Delorme, 35, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence assault at about 10:30 p.m. Friday in the 300 block of North Sixth Street East.
- Periann Washenfelder, 50, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 11:45 p.m. Friday in the 800 block of Rainbow Drive.
- Benjamin Ridgley, 57, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication at about 11 a.m. Sunday in the 400 block of East Pershing Avenue.
- Franklin Tail, 23, of Lander, was arrested for breach of peace at about 7:40 p.m. Sunday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Arthur Leon, 37, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence assault at about 3:40 p.m. Monday on Cheyenne Avenue.
- Tonya Moss, 36, of Riverton, was arrested for shoplifting and on two warrants for failure to appear at about 1:40 p.m. Monday in the 1200 block of West Main Street.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Allan Gloy, 42, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for contempt of court at about 5:45 p.m. Sunday near Lost Wells Butte Drive. The initial call was regarding a fight that turned out to be a verbal argument.
- Kip Post, 41, of Riverton, was arrested for driving while under the influence.
- Rick Richards, 41, of Lander, was arrested for bond revocation.
- Colton Robertson, 18, of Hudson, was arrested for driving under the influence early Sunday morning after reportedly driving his vehicle off of a county northeast of Lander. With him was Austin Hammack, 19, of Lander, who was issued a citation for minor under the influence of alcohol. Robertson reportedly struck a mailbox on Country Gardens Lane and tore open his vehicle's oil pan, disabling the 1987 Subaru. No one was injured in the crash. The two men reportedly walked into Hudson; someone noticed their "suspicious" activity and called law enforcement at 11:58 p.m. Saturday. When asked about their activities, the subjects reportedly told officials about the wrecked vehicle.
- Deputies responded at about 8:30 p.m. Friday to reports of intoxicated people driving recklessly near Worthen Meadows above Lander. According to initial reports, someone also had crashed a vehicle into a tree in the area. When deputies arrived, they said they located the crash site but not the vehicle. Two hours later, they said they located the car in question unattended in a campground. The man who had been driving the vehicle was found to be intoxicated at the camp site, but he reportedly said he didn't start drinking until after the collision. Officials could find no evidence that he had been drinking while driving and closed the case. The man was not injured, and the vehicle was still drivable.
- Two men were issued citations for battery at about 8:30 a.m. Friday after one of the residents reported a dispute at a head gate on Weather Vane Lane north of Riverton. Officials said no one was injured in the physical altercation.
- A woman reported a collision between a tractor-trailer combination and a cow just before 9 p.m. Friday on U.S. Highway 26 near Crowheart. She said the road was blocked by the accident.
- A deputy reportedly hit a deer at about 11:50 p.m. Friday in the 100 block of Burma Road. Officials said the incident was "very minor," and little damage was done to the vehicle.
- A red truck reportedly rolled at about 1:10 a.m. Saturday on U.S. Highway 26 in Dubois. Initial reports state the road was not blocked and the male driver was "out and walking." The Wyoming Highway Patrol investigated the incident.
- An employee at Possum Pete's in Pavillion reported at about 8:10 a.m. Saturday that someone had taken two of the restaurant's patio chairs overnight.
- A man reportedly broke his leg after wrecking his dirt bike at about 9:10 am. Saturday on a county road near South Pass City.
- A camper on Green Mountain called dispatchers at about 6:45 p.m. Saturday to say someone had damaged the spark plugs on his RV generator with a hammer. He also said someone was "putting trees across the road" and dumping trees on state land. Officials said law enforcement from the Bureau of Land Management investigated the incident.
- A Lander city inspector reportedly was involved in a minor traffic accident at about 10:45 a.m. Monday in the 100 block of North Fifth Street in Lander. Reports state the city truck was rear-ended while stopped at a red light; no injuries were recorded.
- Eight Riverton firefighters in two trucks responded at about 2:45 a.m. Tuesday to reports that a wood pile was on fire on Red Crow Street south of Riverton. Crews were on scene for about 30 minutes.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 233 calls for service, including six involving motor vehicle accidents with two reporting injuries. County ambulances were dispatched 69 times, and area fire departments responded to 13 calls for help. Twenty-eight people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges including seven for driving under the influence, six other alcohol-related charges, three felony charges and 47 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 167 inmates including
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Monday, Aug. 26, are as listed in the first column. The readings for Sunday, Aug. 25, are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 78 78
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes 294 287
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake -- --
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 996 985
Wind River near Crowheart 1,590 1,590
Wind River near Kinnear -- --
Wind River at Riverton 64 73
Little Popo Agie River near Lander 30 27
Little Wind River near Riverton 46 45
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 271 273
Wind River below Boysen Reservoir 1,040 1,020
- Groom: MARTINSEN GREGORY ALAN Bride: HERNANDEZ JUDI LYNN
- Groom: HORNE CHRISTOPHER THOMAS Bride: FRANCIS EMILY MARIE
- Groom: ASMUNDSON CLINTON GUNNAR Bride: CALVERT ALYCIA KAY
- Groom: SMITH TRAVIS LEE Bride: BURDEN KATIE LOUISE
- Groom: JUDD BROOKLYN SHANE Bride: BETTS LINDSAY HANCOCK
- Groom: PETTIT KENNETH EARL JR Bride: WALKER MARCIE JANE
- Groom: FRINK ROBERT JOHN Bride: TENBOER SUSAN RAE
- Groom: MCKENNA MICHAEL TERANCE Bride: WEISBECK SASHA ANNE
- Groom: HAILEY THEODORE JAY Bride: JAEKEL MARIE ANN
- Groom: SULLIVAN MATTHEW PATRICK Bride: POLMANTEER NICOLE JANEA
- Groom: ADAMS LONNIE CHARLES Bride: DEAN CASEY JOAN
- Groom: ADDISON ASHLEY ALOYSIUS SR Bride: FELTER MELANIE JEAN