Sep 3, 2013 - StaffDeaths
Kenneth Jack Carey, 73, died Friday, Aug. 30, in Lander. Services were at noon Tuesday, Sept. 3, at Hudson's Funeral Home Chapel of Mount Hope, 680 Mount Hope Drive, Lander.
Grace Connell, 95, of Riverton, died Saturday, Aug. 31. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 7, at Trinity Lutheran Church. Burial will follow at Mountain View Cemetery.
Kerry Dallin, of Lander, died Monday, Sept. 2. Arrangements are pending with Davis Funeral Home.
David Spoonhunter, of Arapahoe, died Monday, Sept. 2. Arrangements are pending with Davis Funeral Home.
Cornelius Warren, of Riverton, died Monday, Sept. 2. Arrangements are pending with Davis Funeral Home.
Ashgrove Open House is at 6 p.m. at Ashgrove School, Riverton.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday through Tuesday morning:
- Arthur Cantrell, 21, of Riverton, was arrested for felon in possession of a firearm, two counts of reckless endangering, escape, larceny and interference at about 1:10 p.m. Thursday in the 300 block of East Madison Avenue. Officers said they initially responded to the area of South Federal Boulevard for reports that two American Indian men were walking behind buildings and that one of the men with a green shirt had a gun and had fired one round out of the gun. Officers were unable to locate the two men right away, but police soon were called to the 300 block of East Madison Avenue for reports that an American Indian man in a green shirt had fired a gun in the area. Officers arrived and arrested Cantrell. They determined that he had fired two rounds total and had stolen the .380 pistol from a man who had fallen asleep in a public area with the gun in his backpack.
- Hays Goggles, 47, of Riverton, was arrested for possession of marijuana and breach of peace at about 6:30 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Doug BigMedicine, 35, of St. Stephens, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 12:40 a.m. Friday in the 100 block of North Twelfth Street East.
- Eddie Shells, 43, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence with a blood-alcohol content of .19 at about 1:25 a.m. Friday at the intersection of Spire Drive and Riverview Road.
- Warren LaRose, 30, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation at about 3 p.m. Friday in the 600 block of East Madison Avenue.
- Jasmine Shells, 21, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 3:45 p.m. Friday in the 800 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Lacie Snyder, 25, of Pavillion, was arrested for probation revocation at about 8:20 p.m. Friday in the 600 block of East Madison Avenue.
- Kathy Kennedy, 55, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence with a blood-alcohol content of .14 at about 11:45 p.m. Friday in the 1800 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Ismael Escamilla, 20, of Riverton, was arrested on two warrants for failure to appear at about 11:15 p.m. Saturday at Walmart. With him was Jorge Esquivel, 19, of Riverton, who was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court.
- Patrick Dorsey, 25, of Dubois, was arrested for driving under the influence with a .20 blood-alcohol content at about 12:15 a.m. Sunday in the 800 block of East Sunset Drive.
- Michael Warren, 20, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation, minor under the influence and property destruction at about 5:30 a.m. Sunday in the 600 block of Eagle Drive.
- Epitiacio McSweeney, 22, of Denver, was arrested for probation revocation at about 5:45 a.m. Sunday in the 3000 block of College Hill Drive.
- Karl Whiteplume, 35, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a Natrona County warrant early Tuesday.
- Kimberly Moss, 21, of Ethete, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court early Tuesday.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Roger Pierce, 75, of Pavillion, was arrested on four Fremont County warrants for failure to appear and for driving under suspension at about 9:30 a.m. Monday on Burma road north of Riverton.
- Reva SunRhodes, 50, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 228 calls for service including two involving motor vehicle accidents with one reporting injuries and one reporting property damage. County ambulances were dispatched 69 times, and area fire departments responded to 18 calls for help. Twenty-one people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges including three for driving under the influence, six other alcohol-related charges and 46 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 173 inmates including 159 at the facility, nine in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and four elsewhere.
- Grantor: V & W LAND LLC Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERWOOD SUBD PHASE 1 RESUB BLK 2 LA Lot: 3 ... Grantee: CANNING EVELYN K
- Grantor: ALEXANDER WADE, MAZURIE VICTOR Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERWOOD SUBD PHASE 1 RESUB BLK 2 LA Lot: 3 ... Grantee: V & W LAND LLC
- Grantor: LUND ARBIE, METTZ ARBIE LUND Legal: Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 4 Block: 16 C..., Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 5 Block: 16 C... Grantee: ALM REVOCABLE TRUST, TREBELCOCK JERI L CO TRUSTEE, TREBELCOCK ROBERT F CO TRUSTEE
- Grantor: THOMPSON RYAN Legal: Quarter: NESW Section: 2 Township: 2N Range: 5E Grantee: LOOKER SCOTT S
- Grantor: GREEN LUANN B TRUSTEE, GREEN DON WESLEY TRUSTEE, GREEN DON WESLEY LIVING TRUST Legal: Quarter: SENW Section: 24 Township: 29N Range: 100W Grantee: GREEN STEVEN EMERY
- Grantor: GREEN STEVEN EMERY Legal: Quarter: SWNE Section: 24 Township: 29N Range: 100W Grantee: GREEN LUANN B TRUSTEE, GREEN DON WESLEY TRUSTEE, GREEN DON WESLEY LIVING TRUST
- Grantor: GREEN LUANN B TRUSTEE, GREEN DON WESLEY TRUSTEE, GREEN DON WESLEY LIVING TRUST Legal: Quarter: SWNE Section: 24 Township: 29N Range: 100W Grantee: GREEN JOSHUA D, VASCO GREEN ENEDINA
- Grantor: MARTIN GARY L , MARTIN ROSEMARY Legal: Half: E Quarter: SE Section: 11 Township: 33N Range: 100W Grantee: MARTIN ERIN LANCE , MARTIN JOHNA C
- Grantor: SANN RUTH HANDT Legal: Sub/Mine: UPPER LITTLE WARM SPRING CREEK SUB DU Lot: 82 ... Grantee: NORRIS JOHN WAYNE, NORRIS SUSAN CARSE
- Grantor: LIVINGSTON CHARLES E, LIVINGSTON BARBARA L Legal: Sub/Mine: RED CANYON RETREAT SUB MI Lot: 27 City: MISCE... Grantee: HUTCHINSON VICKIE G
- Grantor: STONE KATHERINE WINTER, LUCAS ROBERT Legal: Quarter: SW Section: 28 Township: 42N Range: 107W , Quarter: SE Section: 29 Township: 42N Range: 107W , Quarter: SWSW Section: 28 Township: 42N Range: 107W Grantee: BUSH IVAN R, BUSH KARYL S
- Grantor: FACINELLI RAYMOND A TRUSTEE, FACINELLI ANNE G TRUSTEE, FACINELLI RAYMOND A LIVING TRUST Legal: Sub/Mine: ATLANTIC CITY 1ST ADD MI Lot: 5 Block: 12 Cit..., Sub/Mine: ATLANTIC CITY 1ST ADD MI Lot: 6 Block: 12 Cit..., Sub/Mine: ATLANTIC CITY 1ST ADD MI Lot: 7 Block: 12 Cit..., ... Grantee: CRONK JOSEPH W, GELINAS VALARIE A
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Monday, Sept. 2, are as listed in the first column. The readings for Sunday, Sept. 1, are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 76 76
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes 235 236
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake 219 214
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 1,010 1,030
Wind River near Crowheart 1,530 1,540
Wind River near Kinnear 331 328
Wind River at Riverton 52 59
Little Popo Agie River near Lander 16 16
Little Wind River near Riverton 37 36
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 296 303
Wind River below Boysen Reservoir 917 926
- Groom: PETERSON WILLIAM LEIGHTON Bride: PROCTOR REBECCA PAULINE
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.