News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Sep 4, 2013 - Staff
Barbara Ann Nigro, 76, formerly of Riverton, died Thursday, Aug. 29, at her home in Baker City, Ore. Services have taken place.
Ashgrove Open House is at 5 p.m. at Ashgrove School, Riverton.
Northern Arapaho 15th Annual Health Fair is 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Great Plains Hall in Arapahoe. Morning refreshments and lunch will be served. Everyone is welcome. For more information, call the Northern Arapaho Tribal Health Program at 332-6836 (Ethete office) or 856-8141 (Arapaho office) or e-mail email@example.com.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- No arrests were recorded during this timeframe.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Ashlee Bojaj, 29, of Lander, was arrested for probation violation.
- Two people were transported to Lander Regional Hospital after being involved in a motorcycle crash at about 1:30 p.m. Tuesday on U.S. Highway 26 near Crowheart. Officials said Donald Miatke, 56, of Byron, Ill., was riding his 2008 Yamaha with a passenger when the motorcycle tire blew out and he lost control of the vehicle. Both victims were up and walking within five minutes of the crash, according to reports.
- Six people were injured at about 1:30 a.m. Monday after a one-vehicle rollover on 8 Mile Road near Blue Shale Road northwest of Riverton. Reports state a 17-year-old Arapahoe boy was driving the 1992 Cadillac sedan registered to Melvin Brown Jr. of Fort Washakie. The vehicle was southbound on 8 Mile Road when it left the roadway to the east. At that point, the driver reportedly overcorrected the vehicle, rolling it one time. He was extricated from the car by emergency responders and air lifted to another hospital. Officials did not know his condition Tuesday. The remaining passengers either were ejected or had crawled out of the vehicle before officials arrived, and they all were treated locally for minor injuries. Three adults in the vehicle were Charnele Jenkins, 19, of Arapahoe, Treyvale Bigmedicine, 18, of Riverton, and another 18-year-old woman who has not been positively identified. The other two passengers were a 17-year-old girl and a 12-year-old boy. Officials said they will investigate the rollover; there is a strong indication that alcohol was involved in the incident.
- During this timeframe the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center responded to 81 calls for service. County ambulances were dispatched 18 times, and area fire departments responded to three calls for help. Nine people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including one alcohol-related charge, four felony charges and six misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 171 inmates, including 157 at the facility, nine in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and four elsewhere.
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Tuesday, Sept. 3, are as listed in the first column. The readings for Monday, Sept. 2, are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 76 80
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes 236 275
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake 214 218
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 1,030 1,040
Wind River near Crowheart 1,540 1,600
Wind River near Kinnear 328 328
Wind River at Riverton 59 61
Little Popo Agie River near Lander 16 15
Little Wind River near Riverton 36 34
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 303 306
Wind River below Boysen Reservoir 926 917