TodaySep 10, 2013 Staff
A son was born to Tesla Monique Goggles and Donovan Littleshield, of Riverton, at 8:44 p.m. Aug. 21, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 3 ounces.
Marty Rana Brister, 50, of Rawlins, died Sunday, Sept. 8, at Ivinson Memorial Hospital in Laramie after battling lung cancer. Memorial services will beat noon Thursday, Sept. 12, at Carbon County Funeral Home, 702 W.Walnut St., Rawlins. Visitation will be at 9:30 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 12.
Raymond Alexander August Eickstedt, of Lander, died Saturday, Sept. 7, in Casper. Graveside services will be at 1 p.m. Friday, Sept. 13, at Mount Hope Cemetery in Lander. Military honors will be rendered.
Millard Irvin Meredith, 84, died Sunday, Sept. 8, due to pneumonia complications at Riverton Memorial Hospital in Riverton surrounded by family. A visitation will be 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, Sept. 13, at Gorman Funeral Homes Converse Chapel in Douglas. A public celebration of his life will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 14, in the Douglas High School Auditorium in Douglas.
David "Soupis" Ronald Moss Jr., 25, died Wednesday, Sept. 4, in Riverton. A wake will be at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 11, at Blue Sky Hall in Ethete. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 12, at Blue Sky Hall in Ethete with Catholic clergy officiating. Burial will follow at Friday Cemetery.
Julie Ann Olson, 59, died Friday, Sept. 6, at her home. Per her request, cremation will take place, and there will be no funeral services. Her remains will be interred in Afton.
Jeanne Mackenzie Plein Aire Workshop is Sept. 11 to Sept. 13 at the Headwaters Arts and Conference Center, 20 Stalnaker St., Dubois. For more information, call 455-3404.
Riverton Garden Club Night of Fun is at 7 p.m. at the Fremont County School District 25 central office board room. Learn what the Riverton Garden Club does in the community and how it is associated with the state, region and nation. Light refreshments, drawings and information will be available.
Violinist/Pianist Concert is at 7:30 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theater at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. The intimate one-hour concert will feature violinist Qing Li and pianist Richard Dowling. Event is free.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Bud Perry, 29, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for interference at about 7:40 pm. Friday in the 600 block of East Main Street.
- Elizabeth Valdez, 60, of Riverton, was arrested on a probation hold at about 8:50 p.m. Friday in the 200 block of Diamond Drive.
- Theodore Goggles, 72, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 9:20 p.m. Friday in the 800 block of East Main Street. With him was Donna Antelope, 56, of Riverton, who was arrested for public intoxication with a blood-alcohol content of .34.
- Dennis Teran, 32, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence simple assault and child endangering with a blood-alcohol content of .36 at about 11 p.m. Friday in the 1200 block of East Main Street. With him was Jennifer Teran, 28, of Riverton, who was arrested for aggravated assault and child endangering. She reportedly stabbed her husband in the head and arm with a screwdriver.
- Henry Alberts, 31, of Arapahoe, was arrested for probation revocation at about 1:15 a.m. Saturday in the 600 block of East Main Street.
- Ivan Pine, 33, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 2:30 a.m. Saturday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Dustin BigMedicine, 32, of Arapahoe, was arrested for shoplifting and on two warrants for failure to appear at about 6:40 p.m. Saturday at Walmart.
- Tefawnya Quiver, 19, of Riverton, was arrested for minor under the influence at about 2:50 a.m. Sunday in the 500 block of North Second Street East.
- Christopher Monroe, 29, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 6:30 a.m. Sunday in the 3000 block of College Hill Drive.
- Roxanne Mons, 50, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 3:20 p.m. Sunday in the 300 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Andrea YellowBear, 32, of Riverton, was arrested for vandalism and a warrant for failure to pay fines at about 6 p.m. Sunday in the 3000 block of College Hill Drive.
- Clowry Means, 46, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication and trespassing at about 6 a.m. Monday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday through Tuesday morning:
- Jesse Koontz, 19, of Etna, was arrested on a Teton County warrant at about 5:45 p.m. Sunday at the Crowheart Store. According to reports he had left the store without paying for $41.78 in gas. He reportedly left headed westbound in a black Chevy Malibu.
- Dawn Oldman, 29, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear.
- Amiel Quiver-Whiteplume, 21, of Arapahoe, was arrested for driving under the influence, open container and failure to maintain insurance.
- Sean Tidzump, 21, of Lander, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear.
- Joshua Branson, 22, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence, open container and driving while under suspension at about 11:50 p.m. Thursday in the 10000 block of Wyoming Highway 789 north of Riverton.
- Liticia Jolley, 48, of Lander, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for contempt of court at about 4:40 p.m. Monday at the Fremont County Sheriff's Office in Lander.
- Keyona Smith, 29, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 5:15 p.m. Monday at the Fremont County Sheriff's Office in Lander. She reportedly turned herself in at the jail.
- Ashley Wheeler, 21, of Ethete, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation at about 3:40 p.m. Monday at the Fremont County Sheriff's Office in Lander.
- A 16-year-old Riverton boy was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear.
- A black bear cub reportedly was spotted at about 2 p.m. Thursday walking near the 2000 block of North Second Street in Lander.
- A woman in the 100 block of Euclid Avenue in Pavillion reported at about 6 p.m. Thursday that someone had stolen some money out of her vehicle "in the last few days."
- A horse reportedly fell on a woman at about 6:30 p.m. Sunday near the Gardens North subdivision north of Riverton. The woman reportedly felt a lot of pain in her lower back and hips.
- A resident in the 1800 block of Missouri Valley Road north of Riverton said she returned home at about 9 p.m. Sunday to find a dead sheep by a shed. She said a family member saw a cougar near the home, and the reporting party shot at the animal, possibly injuring it in the leg. The Wyoming Game and Fish Department will investigate the sighting.
- A gold BMX bike was reported stolen at about 1:30 p.m. Friday from a porch in the 900 block of East Monroe Avenue.
- A fire was reported at a power pole at about 11:45 p.m. Friday on U.S. Highway 20 near Moneta. Officials said the blaze only affected the single telephone pole and was extinguished quickly.
- Smoke and flames were reported at about 7 p.m. Saturday on Bureau of Land Management property near Lander. Fire officials said lightning struck several trees in the area, but the blaze was relatively minor.
- A hunting pack was reported stolen at about 4:10 p.m. Sunday from the back of a truck in the 600 block of Green Street in Riverton.
- During this timeframe the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 270 calls for service, including two involving motor vehicle accidents with one reporting injuries. County ambulances were dispatched 75 times, and area fire departments responded to 14 calls for help. Forty-two people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including four for driving under the influence, 12 other alcohol-related charges, seven felony charges and 53 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 173 inmates, including 157 at the facility, nine in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and six elsewhere.
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Monday, Sept. 9, are as listed in the first column. The readings for Sunday, Sept. 8, are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 78 78
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes 299 246
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake 259 272
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 987 958
Wind River near Crowheart 1,690 1,660
Wind River near Kinnear 344 338
Wind River at Riverton 78 81
Little Popo Agie River near Lander 16 16
Little Wind River near Riverton 30 29
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 327 357
Wind River below Boysen Reservoir 866 852