A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Sep 11, 2013 - Staff
A daughter was born to Tyler Warren and Joseph Speer, of Riverton, at 4:17 p.m. Aug. 27, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
A daughter was born to Tyler Warren and Joseph Speer, of Riverton, at 4:17 p.m. Aug. 27, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 9.3 ounces.
A daughter was born to Tiffani and Shawn Weber at 11:02 a.m. Aug. 27, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 14 ounces.
A son was born to Stephanie and Brian Woods, of Riverton, at 8:16 a.m. Aug. 26, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 9 ounces.
Mary Magdeline Bad Marriage-Groesbeck, 59, died Saturday, Sept. 7, at her home surrounded by family following a lengthy illness. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Friday, Sept. 13, at Blue Sky Hall with George Wells officiating. An evening service will be 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 12, at Blue Sky Hall with a wake to follow at the family residence, 7 Farm Station St., Ethete. Interment will be in the Friday Cemetery in Ethete.
Kincaid Lee Duran, 43, died Monday, Sept. 9, at Wyoming Medical Center in Casper. A wake and Native American Church services will be Wednesday, Sept. 11, at Alberta Goggles' home, 1180 17 Mile Road, Arapahoe. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 12, at Yellow Calf Cemetery, Ethete.
Rustler Roundup Rodeo is Sept. 13 to Sept. 15 at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 1010 Fairgrounds Drive, Riverton. Events begin at 7 p.m. Sept. 13 and Sept. 14 and at 11 a.m. Sept. 15. Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for children. Central Wyoming College students get in free with a valid student ID.
Zumba Fitness Party is 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Renew Fitness, 308 E. Main St., Riverton. Event will feature Jamie Balderas and Nathan Vanderhoof. Admission is $12 in advance or $15 at the door. For more information, call Melissa Garrett at 463-0855.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Samuel WhitePlume, 31, of Riverton, was arrested for assault and resisting arrest at about 2:50 p.m. Tuesday in the 200 block of North Ninth Street East.
- Briston Branton, 23, of Chadron, Neb., was arrested for assault with a blood-alcohol content of .22 early Wednesday.
- Amanda Luther, 25, of Riverton, was arrested for disturbing the peace with a blood-alcohol content of .23 early Wednesday.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Aaron Bigkinfe, 47, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for probation violation.
- Mykle Johnson, 19, of Riverton, was arrested for probation violation.
- Daryl Makeshine, 27, of St. Stephen's, was arrested for driving under the influence, open container, no valid driver's license and speeding at about 11:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 12000 block of U.S. Highway 26 northwest of Riverton. His blood-alcohol content was recorded at .112 in the field, according to initial reports.
- Amanda Randall, 25, of Lander, was arrested for probation violation.
- Rocky Yeates, 44, of Riverton, was arrested for probation violation.
- A man at a Lander business called police at about 9:30 a.m. Tuesday to say someone had broken into several vehicles overnight in the 100 block of Poppy Street.
- A Lander man called authorities at about 10 a.m. Tuesday to report the theft of "numerous" elk heads on Cinnamon Way in Lander.
- A man near Frye Lake above Lander reported at about 11:30 a.m. Tuesday that someone had broken into his tan Dodge pickup truck while he was out hunting. He said he was missing binoculars, a rangefinder camera and other articles.
- During this timeframe the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 58 calls for service, including one involving a motor vehicle accident. County ambulances have been dispatched 15 times, and area fire departments responded to one call for help. Nine people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including one for driving under the influence, two other alcohol-related charges and 15 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 171 inmates, including 156 at the facility, nine in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and five elsewhere.
- Grantor: PARDO JONMIKEL BERRY, BYERLY KATHRYN A Legal: Sub/Mine: LUCKY 13 SUB LA Lot: 8 City: LANDER Grantee: ROSEBERRY REBECCA A
- Grantor: WYOMING COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY Legal: Sub/Mine: EAST LOGAN PARK ADD RI Lot: 24 Block: 4 City:... Grantee: SECRETARY OF THE US DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING & URBAN DEVELOP...
- Grantor: WILSON KAREN K TRUSTEE, WILSON KAREN K REVOCABLE TRUST Legal: Sub/Mine: DILLON VISTA SUB LA Lot: 20 Block: 7 City: LA... Grantee: KERNS THOMAS P, KERNS DONNA R
- Grantor: SWENSON PAUL A, SWENSON CAROL J Legal: Sub/Mine: BALDWIN CREEK ESTATES 1ST FILING LA Lot: 7 Ci... Grantee: WALKER TRAVIS SCOTT, WALKER JESSICA J T
- Grantor: BURNS MARY HYATT, BURNS JOHN R Legal: Sub/Mine: FOREST PARK 1ST ADD RI Lot: 2 Block: 4 City: ... Grantee: MCINTOSH TRAVIS
- Grantor: CARR AARON L, CARR MICHELLE L Legal: Sub/Mine: BIG WYOMING 2ND ADD RI Lot: 9 Block: 3 City: ... Grantee: CLANCY KRISTINE, HOUSE JOSH
- Grantor: MARDOCK JUDY K, MARDOCK RODGER L Legal: Quarter: SWSE Section: 13 Township: 29N Range: 100W Grantee: MARDOCK RODGER LEE TRUSTEE, MARDOCK JUDY KAY TRUSTEE, MARDOCK RODGER LEE REVOCABLE TRUST, ...
- Grantor: MARDOCK RODGER L , MARDOCK JUDY K Legal: Sub/Mine: COTTONWOOD ADDITION LA Lot: 1 City: LANDER Grantee: MARDOCK RODGER LEE TRUSTEE, MURDOCK JUDY KAY TRUSTEE, MARDOCK RODGER LEE & JUDY KAY REVOCABLE TRUST
- Grantor: BISHOP MYRON L, BISHOP KATHY L Legal: Sub/Mine: ACCOLA ADD LA Lot: 5 Block: 1 City: LANDER Grantee: BISHOP AARON R, BISHOP JESSIE A
- Grantor: MORRIS GRAEME A, MORRIS JULIA K Legal: Sub/Mine: SPRIGGS 3RD ADD LA Lot: 20 Block: 7 City: LAN... Grantee: WANNER JENNY
- Grantor: CANTU DELMAR, CANTU REBECCA Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERVIEW TERRACE SUB RI Lot: 2 Block: 5 City... Grantee: APPELHANS LISA
- Grantor: GARLAND NINA M Legal: Sub/Mine: COLLEGE HILL DEVELOPMENT REPLAT BLKS 1,3,6,7 R... Grantee: ELLIS STEVEN, ELLIS CHELSEA
- Grantor: JONES CRYSTAL Legal: Sub/Mine: WESTSIDE ADDITION SH Lot: 1 Block: 6 City: SH..., Sub/Mine: WESTSIDE ADDITION SH Lot: 2 Block: 6 City: SH... Grantee: FULLMER BENJAMIN, FULLMER NANCY
- Grantor: CASPERS DONOVAN A Legal: Quarter: NWSW Section: 16 Township: 2N Range: 2E Grantee: DWELLO KURTIS W, DWELLO REBECCA J
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Tuesday, Sept. 10, are as listed in the first column. The readings for Monday, Sept. 9, are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 78 76
Wind River above Red Creek 246 238
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake 272 247
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 958 946
Wind River near Crowheart 1,660 1,610
Wind River near Kinnear 338 323
Wind River at Riverton 81 71
Little Popo Agie River near Lander 16 16
Little Wind River near Riverton 29 30
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 357 371
Wind River below Boysen Reservoir 852 819
- Groom: SIMPSON JOSEPH MICHAEL Bride: ADAMS SARAH ROSE
- Groom: ROBERTS WILLIAM DELANO JR Bride: ROBERTS CAROL LEE
- Groom: ROBERTS WILLIAM DELANO JR Bride: ROBERTS CAROL LEE
- Groom: MILOVICH DAVID PAUL Bride: LUEHRS BETSY DIANE