A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Sep 25, 2013 - Staff
Betty DuRyea, 80, of Riverton, died Friday, Sept. 6, at Help for Health Hospice Home in Riverton. Per her request, ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
Betty DuRyea, 80, of Riverton, died Friday, Sept. 6, at Help for Health Hospice Home in Riverton. Per her request, cremation has taken place, and there will be no services. A family memorial service will be at a later date.
Riverton Does Meatloaf Dinner is 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Elks Lodge, 207 E. Main St. Dinner is $7 and includes sides and a dessert.
Armchair Traveler: Switzerland is at 7 p.m. at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave. Kurt and Susanne Schafli will show an audio/video/slide presentation set to classical music. Admission is free.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Tomas Ybarra, 59, of Riverton, was arrested for vagrancy and on a warrant for contempt of court at about 10:40 a.m. Tuesday at Walmart. Also arrested were Jerome C'Hair, 51, of St. Stephen's, for vagrancy, public intoxication and on a warrant for contempt of court, and William Topaum, 35, of Ethete, for vagrancy, public intoxication and resisting arrest.
- Jared Morrow, 25, of Riverton, was arrested for driving without an interlock device at about 10 p.m. Tuesday in the 400 block of West Main Street.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Jesse Gonzalez, 27, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence battery at about 2:10 a.m. Wednesday on Snowberry Lane north of Riverton.
- Eight goats and six sheep belonging to a woman in the 700 block of West Pavillion Road reportedly have been missing for three days. She called to report the problem at about 8 a.m. Tuesday.
- A man called police at about 6:20 a.m. Wednesday to report a traffic accident involving a white GMC Sierra and a cow on Maverick Springs Road near Kinnear. No one was injured, but the cow reportedly died in the incident.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 62 calls for service, including one involving a motor vehicle accident. County ambulances were dispatched eight times, and fire departments responded to two calls for help. Nine people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including one for driving under the influence, three other alcohol-related charges and 15 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 155 inmates, including 142 at the facility, seven in substance abuse treatment programs, two on home detention and four elsewhere.
- Groom: BLACK DAVID LEE Bride: KING SARAH ELIZABETH