News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Sep 26, 2013 - Staff
First Aide and Heart Saver CPR with AED is 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Riverton Aquatic Center classroom. Cost is $60. Session limited to 10 participants.
National Theater Live Presents "Othello" at 1 p.m. at the Lander Library, 451 N. Second St., Lander. Donations are $10 for adults, $5 for students.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Brandon Frankson, 19, of Riverton, was arrested for minor under the influence and on a warrant for contempt of court at about 10:15 a.m. Wednesday in the 3000 block of College Hill Drive.
- Stephenie Brown, 25, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 10:10 p.m. Wednesday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Sloan Lane, 33, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation at about 11:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of East Madison Avenue.
- Firefighters from the Fort Washakie and Lander Rural fire departments responded just before 6 p.m. Wednesday to a structure fire on South Fork Road in Fort Washakie. No one was injured in the blaze, which reportedly caused extensive heat and smoke damage to several rooms in the house. The cause of the fire is under investigation, though officials believe the incident was an accident. The home occupant was not present at the time of the fire. About 15 firefighters and five pieces of apparatus were on scene for about one hour.
- The Riverton Volunteer Fire Department responded at about 6:20 a.m. Thursday to reports that a trash can was on fire in the 100 block of Sagebrush Drive in the Beaver Creek housing area south of Riverton. Officials said the plastic rolling trash can was next to a house initially, but people at the scene were able to move the burning item away from the structure. No one was injured, and no damage was done to the house; the trash can lid reportedly melted. Firefighters were on scene for about 10 minutes, officials said, and the Wind River Police Department is investigating the incident as suspicious.
- During this timeframe the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 54 calls for service, including two regarding motor vehicle accidents. County ambulances were dispatched 16 times, and area fire departments responded to three calls for help. Two people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges including one alcohol-related charge, one felony charge and two misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 143 inmates, including 129 at the facility, eight in substance abuse treatment programs, two on home detention and four elsewhere.
- Groom: FLYNN DUGAN PATRICK Bride: HAAG SHANNON LOUISE