A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Oct 1, 2013 - Staff
Robert Joseph "Bob" Bailey, 70, died Friday, Sept. 27, at his home in Riverton after a battle with bone cancer. A viewing ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
Robert Joseph "Bob" Bailey, 70, died Friday, Sept. 27, at his home in Riverton after a battle with bone cancer. A viewing will be at 4 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 2, at Davis Funeral Home followed by a rosary at 7 p.m. also at Davis Funeral Home. A funeral mass will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 3, at St. Margaret's Catholic Church with internment to follow at Mountain View Cemetery.
Jolene Louise Longwell, 58, formerly of Lander, died Friday, Sept. 27. A celebration of life service will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 5, at the Thermopolis VFW.
City Council Meeting is at 7 p.m. at Riverton City Hall, 816 N. Federal Blvd., Riverton.
TEDx is 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theater at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. The speakers include Ms. Wheelchair USA Ashlee Lundvall of Cody, a trio of film producers, NASA outdoor leadership trainer John Kanengieter, and Harvard fellow and innovation expert Maxwell Wessel. Tickets for the event are $10 and are available at www.TEDxCentralWyomingCollege.com or at the door.
Dale Gonyea, Pianist, Humorist, Victor Borge Imitator Performance is at 7 p.m. at Lander Valley High School, 400 Baldwin Creek Road. For more information, visit landerconcerts.org.
Family Math Night is at 6 p.m. Oct. 3 at Ashgrove Elementary School, Riverton.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Adrian C'Bearing, 35, of Riverton, was arrested for breach of peace at about 1:15 p.m. Friday at Riverton Memorial Hospital.
- Desiree Juarez, 29, of Riverton, was arrested for contempt of court at about 11:40 p.m. Friday in the 800 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Sherrie Bias, 49, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 5:15 p.m. Saturday in the 1500 block of Dorrie Street.
- Marcus Brown, 58, of Riverton, was arrested for disturbing the peace at about 8:30 p.m. Saturday at the Fremont County Alcohol Crisis Center.
- Justin Steele, 25, of Riverton, was arrested for contempt of court at about 9:30 p.m. Saturday in the 100 block of North Fifth Street East.
- David Pulver, 38, of Riverton, was arrested for breach of peace at about 11:15 p.m. Saturday in the 100 block of North Broadway Avenue.
- Lashelle Shakespeare, 18, of St. Stephen's, was arrested for larceny, possession of methamphetamine and probation revocation at about 1:45 p.m. Sunday at Walmart.
- Dominic Anderson, 19, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence, driving under suspension, use of a controlled substance and no insurance at about 11:55 p.m. Sunday in the 500 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Robin Blind, 32, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 4:15 p.m. Monday in the 500 block of East Lincoln Avenue.
- Lorenzo Eagle, 21, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 4:50 p.m. Monday in the 200 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Rupert Brown, 35, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication with a blood-alcohol content of .31 and on a warrant for contempt of court at about 10:40 p.m. Monday in the 200 block of North Federal Boulevard.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Stephanie Armstrong, 32, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation at about 8:50 a.m. Sunday at the Fremont County Sheriff's Office in Lander.
- Christian Weesner, 22, of Riverton, was arrested for driving while under the influence at about 2:30 a.m. Sunday in the 700 block of Spencer Street in Riverton.
- Truman Piper, 20, of Ethete, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 3 p.m Monday in the 100 block of Norkok Street.
- Charlo Yellowfox, 26, of Riverton, was arrested for interference with a police officer at about 1:20 p.m. Monday in the 900 block of East Monroe Avenue. Initial reports state three subjects were fighting in the middle of the street. Officials said one of the other subjects was taken home while the third went to detox.
- The Wyoming Highway Patrol responded to reports of a one-vehicle rollover at about 5:30 a.m. Saturday on Wyoming Highway 789 near Sweetwater Station. Initial reports state four men were involved, with one of the men thrown from the vehicle during the incident. All of the men reportedly were out of the vehicle and conscious but in need of medical treatment.
- During this timeframe the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center has taken 229 calls for service, including three involving motor vehicle accidents with one reporting property damage. County ambulances were dispatched 46 times, and area fire departments responded to 53 calls for help. Twenty-two people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including four for driving under the influence, two other alcohol-related charges and 34 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 150 inmates, including 136 at the facility, eight in substance abuse treatment programs, two on home detention and four elsewhere.