TodayOct 3, 2013 Staff
A son was born to Kayla Hoffman and Rayne Hoffman, of Lander, at 10:02 p.m. Sept. 12, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 10 ounces.
A daughter was born to Hillary Larson, of Saratoga, and Trevor Larson, of Grover, at 5:58 a.m. Sept. 22, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 12 ounces.
Fourth Annual 5K+Reader's Run is at 10 a.m. at the Lander Library, 451 N. Second St., Lander. Registration begins at 9 a.m. and is $12 before Sept. 28. Proceeds go toward the CanTeen Summer Reading Program.
Hoops for Tots Charity Basketball Tournament is at 10 a.m. at Great Plains Hall, Arapahoe. Entry fee is $50 per team and is due before the first game. Admission is $3 for adults and $2 for children. For more information or to register, call Robert Duran at 851-6579 or Sterling Black at 851-7582.
Empty Bowls Dinner, a Lander Care & Share Food Bank Fundraiser, is 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Noble Hotel, 288 Main St., Lander. Tickets are $35. For more information, call 349-5509.
Party in Pink Zumbathon is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave. Tickets are $5 in advance, $10 at the door. A prize will be awarded to the person with the best pink outfit. For tickets, contact Jennifer James at 840-1820 or email@example.com or Pam Hull at 851-7586 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Museum of the American West Barn Dance, featuring Brad Iiams and the Silver Express Cowboy Band, is at 7 p.m. at the Museum of the American West, 1445 Main St., Lander. A single ticket is $10, and two tickets are $15.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Arrest reports were not available Thursday.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Chauncey Friday, 47, of Ethete, was arrested for pedestrian under the influence at about 7:20 p.m. Wednesday in the 200 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Local officials initiated a search and rescue operation Thursday after a local man called to report two people were overdue from the Sinks Canyon area. Rick Sollars --city attorney for Lander and Riverton --made the call to police at about 11:20 p.m. Wednesday. He said the two men had entered the forest to set up a hunting camp; they were supposed to be home by 9 p.m. Wednesday. He said he last spoke with them earlier in the day, when they were near the Loop Road by "the microwave towers." They reportedly were driving a silver 2005 GMC pickup. Additional information was unavailable Thursday.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 46 calls for service, including one involving a motor vehicle accident. County ambulances were dispatched 13 times. Five people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including four alcohol-related charges and eight misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 146 inmates, including 131 at the facility, nine in substance abuse treatment programs, two on home detention and four elsewhere.
- Grantor: SYLVESTRE LORI Legal: Sub/Mine: NORTH HEIGHTS ADD DU Lot: 8 Block: 10 City: D... Grantee: LEININGER WILL CLEMENS
- Grantor: HAMILTON ROBIN V, TARBERT ROBIN V, HAMILTON KELLY W Legal: Sub/Mine: CLAUD FIKE 1ST ADD RI Lot: 9 Block: 2 City: R... Grantee: NEIL MARILYN B
- Grantor: INGRAM BETTY L Legal: Sub/Mine: VALLEY HI ADD RI Lot: 22 Block: 1 City: RIVER... Grantee: CARPENTER TYLER O
- Grantor: SECRETARY OF HOUSING & URBAN DEVELOPMENT Legal: Quarter: SWNE Section: 23 Township: 3N Range: 1W Grantee: TOLAND SPENCER JOHN, TOLAND RACHEL ELIZABETH
- Grantor: MADISON CREEK COMPANY INC Legal: Sub/Mine: MONETA TOWNSITE OF MI Lot: 13 Block: 14 City:..., Sub/Mine: MONETA TOWNSITE OF MI Lot: 14 Block: 14 City:... Grantee: DURHAM HARRY B III SUCCESSOR TRUSTEE, DURHAM MARY F REVOCABLE TRUST
- Grantor: BENNETT ILA ANN Legal: Sub/Mine: SUNSET 3RD ADD LA Lot: 3 Block: 10 City: LANDER Grantee: BENNETT ILA ANN, BENNETT MARK KAY
- Grantor: JCK LLC Legal: Sub/Mine: BEAVER CREEK ESTATES MI Lot: 22 City: MISCELL... Grantee: KENNEY PROPERTIES INC
- Grantor: RINK ROGER L, RINK CHRISTINE L Legal: Quarter: SWSE Section: 29 Township: 2N Range: 3E , Quarter: NWNE Section: 32 Township: 2N Range: 3E , Quarter: NENE Section: 32 Township: 2N Range: 3E , ... Grantee: MCWILLIAMS ANDREW GLEN, MCWILLIAMS BROOKE ANNA
- Grantor: THOMPSON DANIEL D Legal: Sub/Mine: RYAN HEIGHTS ADD RI Lot: 7 Block: 2 City: RIV..., Sub/Mine: RYAN HEIGHTS ADD RI Lot: 8 Block: 2 City: RIV... Grantee: TYRA JACOB J , TYRA INGA B
- Grantor: ADAMSON JOHN W Legal: Sub/Mine: SHOSHONI 1ST ADD SH Lot: 4 Block: 26 City: SH..., Sub/Mine: SHOSHONI 1ST ADD SH Lot: 5 Block: 26 City: SH... Grantee: SOULE STANLEY E, SOULE KATHY P
- Grantor: CARPENTER TYLER O, CARPENTER BRIANNA RAE Legal: Sub/Mine: WOODRIDGE ESTATES REPLAT PT BLKS 2 & 21 RI Lot... Grantee: COOK KYLIE M
- Groom: COOPER JEFFERY CARLTON II Bride: TREHEARNE CHELSEY FAY
- Groom: WATTS JOSHUA LYNN Bride: JENKINS RACHEL MARGARET
- Groom: FONTAINE PAUL WILLIAM Bride: LEWIS SHAWONDA LYNN
- Groom: MAGNAN JULIAN PAUL Bride: TIDZUMP LEANNE LEE