Oct 4, 2013 - StaffBirths
A son was born to Wilhelmina Jamie Spoonhunter, of Ethete, and Joe Northcott, of Riverton, at 5 a.m. Sept. 13, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 13 ounces.
A son was born to Kelly and Chad Shaffer, of Riverton, at 2:54 a.m. Sept. 13, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 12.5 ounces.
Beverly Jo DeVries, 56, of Atlantic City, died Tuesday, Oct. 1, at her home. A celebration of life service will be at a later date. Services are under the direction of Hudson's Funeral Home of Lander.
Brinda Jean Frost, 52, died Wednesday, Oct. 2, at Wyoming Medical Center in Casper. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 8, at Davis Funeral Home with Pastor Dave Case of the Lifeline Christian Church officiating. Interment will follow at Mountain View Cemetery.Memorial contributions may be made to the Help For Health Cancer Bus.
Eloise Himes, 79, of Riverton, died Thursday, Oct. 3, at her home. Per her request, cremation has taken place. Services are pending. Arrangements are under the direction of Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
Tomio "Tom" Morioka, 92, formerly of Riverton, died Thursday, Oct. 3, at his home in Green River. Arrangements are under the direction of Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
Read Ingredients is Oct. 7 at Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave. The group will discuss "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" by Barbara Kingsolver. Visit the library for more information and to register for the group.
City Council Work Session is at 7 p.m. at Riverton City Hall, 816 N. Federal Blvd., Riverton.
Wind River Back Country Horsemen Meeting is at 7 p.m. at the Union Bar, Hudson.
Fall Health Fair and Blood Draw is 7 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at the Shoshoni Senior Center, 209 Main St. A variety of screenings and shots will be available, including a medication therapy management program at 9:30 a.m. Breakfast will be served from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and includes pancakes, bacon, eggs, coffee or juice for $4 a person. For more information or to register, call 876-2703.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Catha Elisteanna, 26, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication and on a municipal warrant at about 2 a.m. Thursday in the 2600 block of Peck Avenue.
- Theodore Goggles, 72, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about noon Thursday in the 800 block of East Main Street in the City Park bandshell.
- Byron Lincoln, 48, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 12:20 p.m. Thursday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Sean Elmer, 38, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant at about 1:15 p.m. Thursday in the 900 block of Forest Drive.
- David Dewey, 44, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 11:30 p.m. Thursday in the 1600 block of North Federal Boulevard.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Jason Lacey, 38, of Riverton, was arrested for contempt of court, registration violation, driving under the influence, open container and resisting/interference at about 8 p.m. Thursday on Bryant Road north of Riverton. According to initial reports, he was driving a Chevy Blazer that crashed into a fence in the area.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 46 calls for service, including one involving a motor vehicle accident reporting injuries and property damage. County ambulances were dispatched 19 times, and area fire departments responded to eight calls for help. Five people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including one for driving under the influence, three other alcohol-related charges, one felony charge and 11 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible 146 inmates, including 130 at the facility, nine in substance abuse treatment programs, two on home detention and four elsewhere.
- Grantor: HINES MARY BAILEY TRUSTEE, HINES WILLIAM L TRUST, HINES MARY BAILEY TRUST Legal: Sub/Mine: WARM SPRINGS MOUNTAIN 2ND FILING DU Lot: 14 C... Grantee: FORBIS MICHAEL T, FORBIS TAMARA J
- Grantor: ACKERMAN DONALD C, ACKERMAN JEAN M Legal: Sub/Mine: FERNAU ADDITION RIVERTON Lot: 5 City: RIVERTON Grantee: SMARTT ERIC M
- Grantor: COULSTON RODNEY A, COULSTON JOY L Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERVIEW HEIGHTS 2ND ADD RI Lot: 65 City: RI... Grantee: CAMPBELL NICKOLAS, CAMPBELL ERICA
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Thursday, Oct. 3, are as listed in the first column. The readings for Wednesday, Oct. 2, are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois -- 113
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes 162 170
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake 335 392
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 70 73
Wind River near Crowheart 1,150 1,310
Wind River near Kinnear 292 388
Wind River at Riverton 441 323
Little Popo Agie River 40 46
Little Wind River near Riverton 403 430
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 162 183
Wind River below Boysen 511 513
- Groom: COOK SHANE LEE Bride: LESOSKI JULIE ANN
- Groom: HUTSON CHARLES ELDON Bride: FAUQUE KELSEY RAYE
- Groom: KISELEWSKI NATHAN EDWIN Bride: HORTON REGINA LYNN
- Groom: SHURTLEFF GAVIN LANE Bride: FARRIS ANNA LEEE
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.