A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Oct 8, 2013 - Staff
Donald Richard Armstrong, 88, formerly of Riverton, died after a fall Tuesday, Oct. 1, in Idaho Falls, Idaho. ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
Donald Richard Armstrong, 88, formerly of Riverton, died after a fall Tuesday, Oct. 1, in Idaho Falls, Idaho.
Francene Michelle Bearing, 51, of Commerce City, Colo., died Monday, Sept. 23. Services were Thursday, Oct. 3, in Denver.
Lila Jean Bisbee, 60, of Riverton, died of natural causes Saturday, Oct. 5, at Wyoming Medical Center in Casper. Services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 10, at Davis Funeral Home in Riverton.
Forrest "Gus" Harris, 55, of Gillette, died of a heart attack Saturday, Oct. 5. Services will be at 2 p.m. Friday, Oct. 11, at Davis Funeral Home with burial to follow in Mountain View Cemetery. Visitation will be 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 10, at Davis Funeral Home.
Chelsea Robbins Kesselheim, of Lander, died Saturday, Oct. 5, at home. Services will be at a later date.
Wolverines in Action Community Service Project is 8:15 a.m. to noon in Riverton. Riverton High School will send 800 students into the community to assist with clean-up efforts. For more information or to register for assistance, call the high school at 856-9491.
Brown Bag Discussion: Sex Trafficking, sponsored by the Central Wyoming College Diversity Committee, is at noon in room 116 of the Intertribal Center at CWC, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
14th Annual Lights On in Lander Celebration is 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at North Elementary School, 626 Washington St., Lander. The dedication ceremony is at 5:30 p.m. The event is being held in conjunction with the 14th Annual After School Alliance project to keep the lights on after school. Activities include games, prizes, tours of the new center and lots of fun. For more information, call, 332-4240.
Riverton High School Dance Team Homecoming Color 5k is at 4:30 p.m. at the RHS football field. Registration is $25. For more information or to register, call 851-3902.
Central Wyoming College's 13th Annual Oktoberfest Scholarship Fundraiser is 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. at Holiday Inn, 900 E. Sunset Drive, Riverton. Tickets are $25 in advance or $30 at the door. For more information, call 855-224 or 855-2035.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Leandra Eagle, 27, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Brian Noon, 49, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear.
- Rex Eakins, 47, of Williston, N.D., was arrested for domestic violence assault.
- Dennis Buffalo, 35, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court.
- Navada Whiting-Piapot, 24, of Riverton, was arrested on warrants for failure to appear and contempt of court. Also during this call, a 34-year-old woman was issued a citation for child endangerment.
- Michael Cousineau, 34, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court.
- Jeremy Merta, 35, of Arapahoe, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance, possession of methamphetamine, use of a controlled substance and on a probation and parole warrant at about 3:40 p.m. Monday in the 600 block of East Madison Avenue.
- Aaron Foster, 31, of Lander, was arrested for nonsufficient funds checks and on two warrants for contempt of court at about 4:20 p.m. Monday in the 600 block of East Fremont Avenue. Also during this call, Dusty Harris, 31, of Riverton, was arrested for bond revocation, and Tasha Walks, 25, of Lander, was arrested on a Converse County warrant.
- Craig C'Bearing, 26, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication at about 7:30 p.m. Monday in the 800 block of East Main Street. Also arrested for public intoxication was Nelson Duran, 33, of Fort Washakie.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Marcus Brown, 34, of Riverton, was arrested for pedestrian under the influence.
- Gerald Uden, 71, of Springfield, Mo., was arrested on three counts of first degree murder.
- Deputies responded at about 8 a.m. Sunday to reports of a one-vehicle traffic accident in the 6700 block of Riverview Road. Officials said a white 1992 Toyota truck had gone off of the roadway and hit two trees in the area. The vehicle was unattended when law enforcement arrived at the scene. Later, officials located the driver and sole occupant of the vehicle at Riverton Memorial Hospital, where he was receiving treatment for injuries that were not life threatening. The 29-year-old Riverton man said he had consumed alcohol before operating the vehicle early that morning. The case will be completed after blood-alcohol test results are analyzed.
- Chasity Washington, 27, of Ethete, was arrested on three Fremont County warrants for failure to appear at about 5:45 p.m. Monday in the 100 block of Norkok Street in Fort Washakie.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center responded to 201 calls for serviced, including four involving motor vehicle accidents with one reporting injuries. County ambulances were dispatched 55 times, and area fire departments responded to 10 calls for help. Twenty-four people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including two for driving under the influence, four other alcohol-related charges, seven felony charges and 35 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 150 inmates, including 135 at the facility, nine in substance abuse treatment programs, two on home detention and four elsewhere.