A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Oct 10, 2013 - Staff
A daughter was born to Crystal Dennis, of Alliance, Neb., and Daniel Dennis, of Attica, Mich., at 11:55 p.m. Oct. 5, 2013, ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
A daughter was born to Crystal Dennis, of Alliance, Neb., and Daniel Dennis, of Attica, Mich., at 11:55 p.m. Oct. 5, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 9.9 ounces.
A daughter was born to Rosalie and Travis Harris, of Ethete, at 3:55 a.m. Oct. 1, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 8 pounds, 8.1 ounces.
Faith Lutheran Bazaar is 9 a.m. to noon at Faith Lutheran Church, 1600 Sinks Canyon Road, Lander. There will be handmade craft items, holiday decorations, cinnamon rolls, coffee and baked goods.
Fall Craft and Vendor Fair is 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on East Park Avenue, Riverton. Admission is free.
Cancer Awareness Walk, sponsored by the Shoshone Rose Casino, is at 11 a.m. from the intersection of Plunkett Road and Wyoming Highway 287 to the casino. Brats and burgers will be available for purchase in the parking lot after the walk. The first 200 walkers will receive a T-shirt.
Kiwanis October Fest Ole' is at 6 p.m. at the Headwaters Arts and Conference Center, 20 Stalnaker St., Dubois. The Jeff Troxel Trio will perform. For more information, call 455-2243 or visit headwaterscenter.org.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- A 40-year-old Riverton man was issued a misdemeanor citation for interfering with a peace officer at about 3:45 p.m. Tuesday in the 300 block of North Ninth Street East. He was released with his promise to appear in court at a later date.
- Dominic Fightingbear, 36, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication and vagrancy at about 9:45 a.m. Wednesday in the City Park band shell, 800 E. Main St.
- Clowry Means, 46, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication and disturbing the peace at about 5:20 p.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of West Adams Avenue.
- Marcus Brown, 58, of Riverton, was arrested for disturbing the peace and assault and battery at about 6:10 p.m. Wednesday at the Center of Hope, 223 W. Adams Ave. Also arrested was April Martinez, 33, of Shoshoni, for disturbing the peace.
- Theodore Goggles, 72, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Kenneth Shakespeare, 27, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication and on a municipal warrant at about 9:40 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Officers are investigating a possibly pornographic text message that was sent to a Riverton High School student at about 10:20 a.m. Wednesday.
- A 28-year-old Riverton woman called police at about 2:45 p.m. Wednesday to report an assault in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard. According to reports, her ex-husband and another individual had attacked her then fled the scene. Officers are investigating the incident; no weapons were involved.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Charles Geboe, 43, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation.
- Mark Wallace, 49, of Shoshoni, was arrested for driving under the influence, no proof of insurance, safety belts required and no valid driver's license at about 3:20 p.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of Wyoming Street in Shoshoni.
- An adult male was arrested on three counts related to sexual assault at about 8:30 a.m. Wednesday. The man's name and age were not released pursuant to Wyoming State Statute 6-2-319.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 54 calls for service. County ambulances were dispatched 11 times, and area fire departments responded to two calls for help. Thirteen people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including two for driving under the influence, five other alcohol-related charges, three felony charges and 25 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 145 inmates, including 132 at the facility, eight in substance abuse treatment programs, two on home detention and three elsewhere.
- Grantor: LINDBLAD RICKY, JOHNSON LINDBLAD LYNN Legal: Sub/Mine: SHOSHONI 1ST ADD SH Lot: 16 Block: 31 City: S..., Sub/Mine: SHOSHONI 1ST ADD SH Lot: 17 Block: 31 City: S..., Sub/Mine: SHOSHONI 1ST ADD SH Lot: 18 Block: 31 City: S..., ... Grantee: MACH RL, MACH SA
- Grantor: MARDOCK RODGER L, MARDOCK JUDY K Legal: Sub/Mine: COTTONWOOD ADDITION LA Lot: 1 City: LANDER Grantee: MARDOCK RODGER LEE TRUSTEE, MARDOCK JUDY KAY TRUSTEE, MARDOCK RODGER LEE & JUDY KAY REVOCABLE TRUST Notes: CORRECTED WARRANTY DEED
- Grantor: MARDOCK RODGER L, MARDOCK JUDY K Legal: Quarter: SWSE Section: 13 Township: 29N Range: 100W Grantee: MARDOCK RODGER LEE TRUSTEE, MARDOCK JUDY KAY TRUSTEE, MARDOCK RODGER LEE & JUDY KAY REVOCABLE TRUST Notes: CORRECTED WARRANTY DEED
- Grantor: SELLEY BILLY LYNN, SELLEY DENNIS JO Legal: Sub/Mine: ELLIS ESTATES MI Lot: 8 City: MISCELLANEOUS Grantee: LOK JOHN P, LOK TARAH E Notes: TRACT 8
- Grantor: MCCARSON KATHILU M Legal: Sub/Mine: NORTHPOINTE SUB RI Lot: 3 Block: 3 City: RIVE... Grantee: CHAMPION INVESTMENT GROUP LLC
- Grantor: HARRIS MICHAEL O, HARRIS SHANNON L Legal: Sub/Mine: LOGAN PARK 1ST ADD RI Lot: 24 Block: 5 City: ..., Sub/Mine: LOGAN PARK 1ST ADD RI Lot: 25 Block: 5 City: ... Grantee: ROSE CHAD M, ROSE JENNIFER R
- Grantor: GUYMON CLINTON J, GUYMON SANDRA M Legal: Half: S Quarter: SE Section: 30 Township: 32N Range: 99W Grantee: HUBBLE DAVID PAUL, HUBBLE CHARLENE
- Grantor: BAXTER NATHANIAL D Legal: Sub/Mine: CECIL WOOD ADD AMENDED RI Lot: 2 Block: 4 Cit..., Sub/Mine: CECIL WOOD ADD AMENDED RI Lot: 3 Block: 4 Cit..., Sub/Mine: CECIL WOOD ADD AMENDED RI Lot: 4 Block: 4 Cit... Grantee: SKJOLDAL HAROLD D, SKJOLDAL DORIS V
- Groom: ADDISON DANIEL COLE Bride: DEWEY ASHLEY D
- Groom: WHITEPLUME LOUIS Bride: HEBAH DELLA MAE
- Groom: QUINN THOMAS Bride: LEWIS MARY ELIZABETHE
- Groom: LEWIS MICHAEL LEE JR Bride: SPOONHUNTER JOSEPHINE ALICIEE