TodayOct 11, 2013 Staff
A son was born to Stephanie and Brian Oland, of Lander, at 8:20 a.m. Oct. 5, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 10 ounces.
A daughter was born to Jessica and Bryan Overy, of Riverton, at 9:21 a.m. Sept. 23, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 4 ounces.
Fremont County Archaeological Society Program on Trapper's Point Highway Wildlife Passage is at 7:15 p.m. at Hudson Town Hall. The speaker will be Dr. Julie Francis, WyDOT archaeologist. Event is free.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Tori Watts, 20, of Hudson, was arrested for driving under the influence and possession of marijuana at about 7:31 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of East Fremont Avenue.
- Garrett Medicinecloud, 28, of Riverton, was arrested for disturbing the peace at about 2:10 a.m. Friday on Cherokee Avenue. Initial reports stated there was a child in need of supervision at the address. A verbal argument was ongoing when officers arrived at the scene. The children in question were attended to by the Department of Family Services.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Kelly Denevan, 51, of Lander, was arrested for bond revocation at about 9:10 p.m. Thursday at the Fremont County Detention Center in Lander. Denevan reportedly failed a blood-alcohol test.
- Jamie Goodman, 21, of Arapahoe, was arrested on two Fremont County warrants for failure to appear.
- Franklin Oldman, 34, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation.
- Officials are investigating a family fight that was reported at about 9:40 p.m. Thursday in the 600 block of Fox Springs Drive north of Riverton. Initial reports state a man had thrown the reporting party against a wall. He reportedly had fled the area once officers arrived on scene.
- Another family fight was reported at about 6:20 a.m. Friday from the 900 block of East Monroe Avenue. Initial reports state a 30-year-old man was fighting with the reporting party. No weapons or alcohol were involved, but the caller said the fight did "get physical." The suspect fled before law enforcement arrived, but officials said they have a warrant pending for his arrest.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 47 calls for service. County ambulances were dispatched 13 times, and area fire departments responded to one call for help. Six people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including one on alcohol-related charges, one felony charge and six misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 138 inmates, including 124 at the facility, eight in substance abuse treatment programs, two on home detention and four elsewhere.