TodayOct 15, 2013 Staff
Thomas Oliver Younge, 85, died peacefully Friday, Oct. 11, in his home. Per his request, there will be no services. Cremation will take place through Davis Funeral Home.
Bookies Book Club meets at 12:30 p.m. in the conference room at the Senior Citizen's Center, 205 S. 10th St., Lander. The group will discuss "The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian" by Sherman Alexie.
Soroptimist Night is 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the REACH Foundation, 622 N. Eighth St. W., Riverton. For more information, call 856-5647.
Halloween Festival is 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Great Plains Hall, Arapahoe. Events include pumpkin decorating, a bean bag toss and a mini haunted house. Event is free.
Riverton Middle School Parent Advisory Committee is at 7 p.m. in the RMS Media Center. Discussion will center around AYP test data and Common Core Standards. All RMS parents are invited to participate in the PAC.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Benjamin Antelope, 44, of Deer Lodge, Mont., was arrested for public indecency and resisting arrest at about 4:20 p.m. Friday in the 800 block of East Main Street. With him was Lawrencetta Addison, 56, of Lander, who also was arrested for public indecency. Officials said the two were engaged in sexual intercourse next to the playground at City Park, where several children were present. The subjects reportedly were intoxicated.
- Ed Brown, 54, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 6:10 p.m. Friday at Riverton Memorial Hospital, 2100 W. Sunset Drive.
- Charles Bassett, 53, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 7:05 p.m. Friday at Riverton Memorial Hospital, 2100 W. Sunset Drive.
- Christa Randolph, 37, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 7:45 p.m. Friday in the 300 block of Sycamore Drive.
- Jacen Makeshine, 19, of Ethete, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 9:10 pm. Friday at Riverton High School, 2001 W. Sunset Drive.
- Dominic FightingBear, 36, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 9:45 p.m. Friday on Cherokee Avenue.
- Kenneth Shakespeare, 27, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a probation and parole warrant at about 3:45 p.m. Saturday at McDonalds, 813 N. Federal Blvd. Officers were responding to reports that a "very intoxicated male" was at that location. When they contacted Shakespeare, officers found he had a blood-alcohol content of .49. An ambulance was called to the scene to treat the subject, who reportedly was on probation and was not supposed to be under the influence.
- Amanda Luther, 25, of Riverton, was arrested for bond revocation at about 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Sadie's bar, 1202 S. Federal Blvd. Officials said Luther had been accused of breaking her ex-boyfriend's phone earlier in the day. The ex-boyfriend reportedly saw her leaving Sadie's on Saturday evening and called police. When they contacted Luther, officers said she had a blood-alcohol content of .32. She reportedly was not supposed to possess or consume alcohol as part of her unsecured bond through Riverton Circuit Court for a previous offense.
- Jeremiah Shull, 21, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence and on a warrant for failure to appear at about 12:50 a.m. Sunday in the 2100 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- April Martinez, 33, of Shoshoni, was arrested for public intoxication and resisting arrest at about 5:10 p.m. Sunday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Nelson Duran, 33, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for public intoxication at about 7:50 p.m. Sunday at the Center of Hope, 223 W. Adams Ave.
- Ed Brown, 54, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 11:40 p.m. Sunday at Riverton Memorial Hospital, 2100 W. Sunset Drive.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Louis C'Hair, 28, of Riverton, was arrested for interference with police.
- Kristopher Florence, 28, of Riverton, was arrested on two Fremont County warrants for failure to appear at about 7:25 p.m. Sunday in the 900 block of East Jackson Avenue in Riverton.
- Troy Koch, 38, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence battery.
- Wendall Moss, 28, of Riverton, was arrested for aggravated assault and battery.
- Elisha Stinson, 29, of Bar Nunn, was arrested for use of a controlled substance, and Kent Jarman, 25, of Shoshoni, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance during a traffic stop early Monday on Rendezvous Road south of Riverton. Deputies had been called to assist the Wind River Police Department with the incident; because neither subject was a tribal member the two were arrested through the FCSO.
- Matthew Nation, 29, of Hudson, was arrested for domestic violence battery at about 10:30 pm. Monday in the 200 block of South Indiana Avenue in Hudson. According to initial reports, he was fighting with an individual in a private residence. No alcohol or weapons were involved.
- A woman called law enforcement just after midnight Saturday to report that a man was threatening her and telling her he was going to "come over to her house" that evening. She called back at about 12:15 a.m. Saturday and said the man was outside of her house, in the 7000 block of Wyoming Highway 789 south of Lander. Officials said the suspect had left when deputies arrived on scene. The woman asked that the man be told not to trespass on her property.
- Deputies were asked to look for a missing Piper airplane at the Dubois Municipal Airport at about 1:50 a.m. Saturday. The aircraft reportedly was the target of a search and rescue operation in another county. The plane was not located in Dubois, but by Monday it reportedly had been found at an undisclosed location elsewhere. Officials said the plane had landed and had not crashed. They did not know where the search and rescue had been initiated.
- Several horses reportedly were found malnourished over the weekend on private property along Tunnel Hill Road north of Riverton. At about 9:45 a.m. Saturday, one caller said the animals appeared to be "very sick and not fed well." At 8 a.m. Saturday, another person said the horses "are skin and bones." The animals were rounded up Saturday, and three of the animals were taken to a local veterinarian on Sunday afternoon. The FCSO is helping the Wyoming Livestock Board investigate the incident.
- A two-vehicle traffic accident was reported at about 4 pm. Monday in the 300 block of Burma Road north of Riverton. No injuries were reported. The initial caller said the accident involved a red 2012 Toyota Camry.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 148 calls for service, including two involving motor vehicle accidents. County ambulances were dispatched 64 times, and area fire departments responded to eight calls for help. Twenty-eight people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including four for driving under the influence, seven other alcohol-related charges, three felony charges and 35 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 144 inmates, including 130 at the facility, eight in substance abuse treatment programs, two on home detention and four elsewhere.