A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949

Don't wait to register boats, G&F advises

Apr 1, 2012 - Staff

The ice is breaking up on Wyoming's lakes, reservoirs and rivers, and the Wyoming Game and Fish Department advises boaters that now is a good time to register boats for the upcoming year.

The department says the following are the most often asked boat registration questions:

- Where can I register my boat?

Register your boat at any Game and Fish regional office or the Cheyenne headquarters. In Fremont County, the regional Wyoming Game and Fish office is in Lander at 260 Buena Vista Drive.

- What do I do if I lost my registration renewal card?

Simply go to or call any Game and Fish office. Registrations are computerized and they can look up your info and provide you with renewal information at that time.

- Can I keep my boat number if I sell my boat?

No. The boat number stays with your old boat. If you get a new boat, you will be issued a new number.

- Do I register my canoe or rubber raft?

Yes, if it has a motor, either electric or internal combustion. No registration is re-quired of craft without motors.

- How long does it take for registration through the mail?

Generally, you should be receiving your new registration within a week after it is received in the office.

Registration of boats is in full swing. The Game and Fish processes around 25,000 boat registrations annually.

Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.

Related Stories

Related Tags

County Weather

Photo Gallery

Twitter Feed (Follow Us!)

Contact Us  © 2017 Riverton Ranger, Inc.