Oct 22, 2013 - StaffDeaths
Francis "Bill" Carlson, 79, died Monday, Oct. 21, at his son's home near Riverton. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Friday, Oct. 25, at Davis Funeral Home with burial to follow at Mountain View Cemetery. Visitation will be 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 24, at Davis Funeral Home.
Norman Libby Farrell, 94, died Monday, Oct. 21, at his home in Riverton. No services are scheduled. Arrangements are under the direction of Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
John Michael Jacoby, 80, died Sunday, Oct. 20, at Westward Heights Care Center in Lander. Per his request, cremation will take place, and there will be no services. Arrangements are under the direction of Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
Mary Louise Jacoby, 84, died of congestive heart failure and the effects of Alzheimer's disease Friday, Jan. 18, at New Horizons Care Center in Lovell. Cremation has taken place, and no services are planned.
Rocky Lee Merrill, 60, died Wednesday, Oct. 16, at his home in Bar Nunn. A memorial service will be at a later date.
Violet Elmeda Millsap, 98, died Monday, Oct. 21, at Wind River Healthcare in Riverton. Graveside services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 24, at Mountain View Cemetery with Pastor Mark Rader of the United Methodist Church officiating.
Hot Topics: Immigration, sponsored by the Central Wyoming College Diversity Committee, is at 11 a.m. in room 116 of the Intertribal Center at CWC, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. A complimentary lunch will be served at 12:30 p.m.
Wyoming Stories Recordings is at the Intertribal Education and Community Center at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. Wyoming Stories was created to capture the history of Wyoming through the memories of those who live here. For more information or to reserve a recording time, visit http://wyomingpublicmedia.org.
Haunted Wind River Tales is in the Northern Arapaho Experience Cultural Room at the Wind River Hotel and Casino, 10269 Wyoming 789, Riverton. Families can come listen to some of the Wind River's scariest stories. Storytelling sessions are at 5 p.m., 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. Event is free. Costumes are encouraged.
Title I K-2 Family Night is at 5:30 p.m. at Aspen Park Elementary, 1620 E. Sunset Drive, Riverton.
Costume Contest and Trivia is at 7 p.m. at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave. Adults can celebrate Halloween a little early with this Indian Jones inspired costume and trivia contest. The winning costume gets an Indiana Jones fedora. Refreshments will be served. Event is for adults.
"The Cat Came Back" is at 7 p.m. at Riverton Middle School, 840 Major Ave. The seventh-grade students will present a comedy about the problems encountered when trying to get rid of a dead cat.
- The FBI, Wind River Police Department, Fremont County Sheriff's Office, Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation and Wyoming Highway Patrol responded Friday to a report of shots fired at an individual who is a Bureau of Indian Affairs officer and tribal game warden. Scanner traffic indicated the location was near North Portal Road on the Wind River Indian Reservation. FBIR00;spokesman Dave Joly said the perpetrator was targeting law enforcement, and the public is not in danger. The FBIR00;is investigating the incident and would not confirm the location of the incident or when it occurred, the identity of the victim, or whether a suspect is in custody.
- The Fremont County Sheriff's Office responded to an animal bite call at 5:41 p.m. Monday. According to reports, a neighbor's dog jumped into the yard of a Zuber Road resident, fought with the resident's dog and bit the resident's son. The resident shot and killed the dog. He did not pursue charges against the dog's owner. A deputy advised the dog's owner of its death and said the owner understood the situation.
- Two individuals were walking Monday in Pavillion when two Rottweilers attacked them, according to a Fremont County Sheriff's Office report. One of the individuals sprayed the animals with pepper spray, and no one was bitten.
- Deputies responded to a theft at 8:06 p.m. Monday in the 1500 block of East Monroe Avenue in Riverton. A man residing in a horse trailer with living quarters reported his Xbox and games were stolen. The man thought it was someone he knew because the thief did not take the man's big screen TV or other items.
- Grantor: TANG KHUONG, WANG YONG RONG Legal: Quarter: SESW Section: 17 Township: 33N Range: 99W Grantee: LEE STEPHEN D, LEE TAMARA L
- Grantor: BRODIE SUSAN L, BRODIE PAUL J Legal: Sub/Mine: MONTGOMERY SUB LA Lot: 2 City: LANDER Grantee: WALDRON IRA, WALDRON JESSICA J Notes: TRACT 2
- Grantor: HAMMER DONALD RAY Legal: Sub/Mine: RAMSHORN FIRST ADDITION Lot: 7 Block: 5 City:..., Sub/Mine: RAMSHORN FIRST ADDITION Lot: 8 Block: 5 City:... Grantee: BUONOCORE PETER
- Grantor: GUYMON CLINTON J TRUSTEE, GUYMON SANDRA MARIE TRUSTEE, GUYMON CLINTON J LIVING TRUST, ... Legal: Sub/Mine: ATLANTIC CITY LOOKOUT MI Lot: 2 City: MISCELL... Grantee: DAILEY JOHN, DAILEY LARRY M
- Grantor: SALA ROGER, SALA SYLVIA Legal: Sub/Mine: HUDSON ORIGINAL TOWN OF HU Lot: 13 Block: 36 ..., Sub/Mine: HUDSON ORIGINAL TOWN OF HU Lot: 14 Block: 36 ..., Sub/Mine: HUDSON ORIGINAL TOWN OF HU Lot: 15 Block: 36 ... Grantee: SALA SYLVIA
- Grantor: WIND RIVER LAND INC Legal: Sub/Mine: ATLANTIC CITY LOOKOUT MI Lot: 4 City: MISCELL... Grantee: ARTERY BRADY JOE TRUSTEE, ARTERY BRADY JOE TRUST
- Grantor: MC GERALD JOSEPH T, MC GERALD MARY M Legal: Sub/Mine: PAINTED HILLS ESTATES #2 DU Lot: 51 City: DUB... Grantee: SMITH ROBERT L
- Grantor: WEGNER MARY LYNN Legal: Sub/Mine: MADDENS ADD LA Lot: 11 Block: 93 City: LANDER Grantee: KARA IBRAHIM, KARA LUCILLE
- Groom: MCMARTIN GRANITE YORK Bride: HOLSMAN AMANDA MARIE
- Groom: DAVID POLK JASON Bride: MORSE BRENDA MARIE
- Groom: SUNRHODES LORYJAY LEE Bride: PANZETANGA DEEDEE MICHELLEE
- Groom: FRIED TRAVIS LEE Bride: MARONE DANETTE LEANNEE
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.