TodayOct 29, 2013 Staff
John Dickinson, 51, of Riverton, died Saturday, Oct. 26, at Help for Health Hospice. Per his request, cremation has taken place. A celebration of life service will be at 3:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 2, at St. Margaret's gym in Riverton. There will be a carry-in dinner with a time of sharing. The family asks that attendees wear a baseball cap to the celebration of life service.
Francis "Ed" Edward Field, 89, died Monday, Oct. 28, at Westward Heights Care Center. Per his request, cremation has taken place. A memorial service will be at 3 p.m. Friday, Nov. 1, at the First United Methodist Church of Lander.
Richard Hubbard, 74, formerly of Riverton, died Tuesday, Oct. 22, at Crook County Long Term Care Center. Funeral services were Saturday, Oct. 26, at Sundance United Methodist Church in Sundance.
Jeanne Lucille Poirot, 76, of Lander, died Friday, Oct. 25, at home surrounded by family. A memorial service for family and friends will be at a later date.
Bob Seipt, 95, a lifelong Fremont County resident, died Sunday, Oct. 27, at his home in Riverton with his children, Paul Seipt and Jean Younkin, by his side. A memorial service will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 2, at Davis Funeral Home.
Native American Church of Wyoming Meeting is 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Black Coal Senior Center, 4 Great Plains Hall, Arapahoe.
Community Halloween Carnival, sponsored by the Eastern Shoshone Boys and Girls Club is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the club location in Fort Washakie.
Andy Hackbarth and Wayward Tambourine Concert is at 7 p.m. at Lander Valley High School auditorium, 400 Baldwin Creek Road. Tickets are $5. Children ages 12 and under are free.
Eastern Shoshone Entertainment Committee Masquerade Party is 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Rocky Mountain Hall in Fort Washakie.
Trick or Treat Main Street is at 6 p.m. on Main Street in Riverton.
Native American Church of Wyoming Masquerade is 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. at Great Plains Hall, Ethete.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Edward Piper, 26, of Fort Washakie, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court.
- Dominic Fightingbear, 36, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Lionel Brown, 45, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Theodore Goggles, 72, of Riverton, was arrested for criminal entry.
- Alvin Sage, 37, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence.
- Velinda Chandler, 39, of Ethete, was arrested for driving under the influence with a child passenger and driving with a suspended license.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Harold Porter, 57, of Lander, was arrested for aggravated assault, reckless endangering and domestic violence battery at about 2 p.m. Friday at his home in the 200 block of Lyons Valley Road east of Lander. According to reports, he had pointed a firearm at his spouse and two grandchildren Thursday evening at the home. The incident was reported Friday, when Porter's grandson participated in a counseling session. Porter was arrested without incident; he is being charged with one felony count of aggravated assault and battery and one misdemeanor count each of assault and battery and domestic violence. Officials said Tuesday that he is being held on a $100,000 cash bond, but no charges have been filed through local courts.
- Bobbi Jean Talksdifferent, 31, and Jennifer Whiteplume, 19, both of Arapahoe, were arrested for interference with police at about 7:20 p.m. Friday in the 900 block of East Monroe Avenue in Riverton. Deputies were responding to reports of a fight in the area, but they said the majority of the people involved had left the scene when officials arrived. Talksdifferent was arrested for interfering with the investigation after she reportedly refused to comply with multiple attempts to "calm her down." Whiteplume reportedly gave a false name and date of birth; officials said the relative whose information she used was wanted for arrest, so Whiteplume went to jail. Later officials discovered that she had lied about her identity, but she remained in custody on the interference charge for providing false information.
- A man reportedly was "beat up" at about 10:20 p.m. Friday in the 500 block of West Second Street in Shoshoni. Reports state he was completely alert but had suffered "various cuts and bruises on his face." Officials said the incident involved drunk and disorderly individuals, and the alleged victim was uncooperative. No charges were filed.
- Zeb Clark, 28, of Riverton, was arrested for breach of peace at about 10:40 p.m. Friday in the 100 block of Zig Zag Road in Pavillion. He reportedly was intoxicated when he showed up at a resident's house and refused to leave the property.
- Denzyl Brown, 20, of Riverton, was arrested for probation violation at about 1 p.m. Saturday at the Center of Hope, 223 W. Adams Ave.
- Samuel Hermanyhorses, 24, of Lander, was arrested for bond violation at about 8:30 a.m. Sunday at the Fremont County Detention Center in Lander. He reportedly failed to bass a blood-alcohol test.
- BobbiJo Magill, 40, of Riverton, was arrested for child endangering/neglect at about 4:45 p.m. Sunday on Jimson Lane north of Riverton. Deputies said they were called to Magill's residence by a female neighbor, who reportedly had been assaulted by Magill. Magill reportedly was intoxicated when she started punching the woman in the head. Officials said the neighbor was concerned about Magill's children and did not want to pursue charges related to the alleged assault. Deputies reportedly found Magill to be "extremely intoxicated and unable to properly care for her four children," who are between the ages of 7 and 3.
- Deputies helped the Wind River Police Department apprehend a stolen vehicle at about 8:30 p.m. Monday on Wyoming Highway 132 in Kinnear. Reports state the red 2001 Pontiac four-door sedan was traveling north at about 30 mph and had managed to elude police. Officials reportedly were successful in disabling the vehicle using spike strips that punctured the Pontiac's tires. The subjects in the car were arrested through the WRPD.
- Kyle Kummer, 22, of Lander, was arrested for driving under the influence, driving under suspension and speeding at about 12:20 a.m. Tuesday in the 8400 block of Wyoming Highway 789 south of Lander.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 197 calls for service, including six involving motor vehicle accidents. County ambulances were dispatched 54 times, and area fire departments responded to four calls for help. Twenty-six people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including five for driving under the influence, seven other alcohol-related charges, two felony charges and 43 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 147 inmates, including 135 at the facility, four in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and seven elsewhere.