TodayOct 30, 2013 Staff
A daughter was born to Ashley R. Yellowbear and Mathew L. Antelope, of Riverton, at 2:33 p.m. Oct. 16, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 5 pounds, 12 ounces.
A daughter was born to Stormy Van Voast and Franklin Asmundson, of Riverton, at 9:43 a.m. Oct. 10, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces.
Lola "Jean" Ryman, 85, of Gillette, died of natural causes Tuesday, Oct. 16, at her home. A private family service will be at a later date.
Rene Ann SittingEagle, 50, of Ethete, died Tuesday, Oct. 29, at Wyoming Medical Center in Casper. Services will be at 10 a.m. Friday at Blue Sky Hall in Ethete.
Extra Mile Day is in Riverton. For more information, visit www.extramileamerica.org.
Sixth Annual Dubois Women's Business Expo is 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Headwaters Arts and Conference Center, 20 Stalnaker St., Dubois. More than 30 female retailers and entrepreneurs will join to show their wares at the expo. The public is invited to attend free of charge and enjoy refreshments as they browse aisles of goods and services available. For more information, call Tammy Reed at 455-2764.
"The Road Not Taken" Reception is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Lander Art Center, 224 Main St.
Robert Martinez Art Show Reception is at 6 p.m. in the Northern Arapaho Experience Cultural Room at the Wind River Hotel and Casino, 10269 Wyoming 789, Riverton. Northern Arapaho artists also are invited to submit their work for an upcoming art show that will run in December, January and February.
"The Merry Wives of Windsor" is at 7:30 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theater at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. Tickets are $8 for adults and $6 for students.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Maureen G. Alley from Michael B. Alley. Wife's former name of Geraud restored.
Ashley Lyn Barnett from Michael Charles King.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- David Burt, 23, of Riverton, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance (misdemeanor amount of bath salts) and on a Fremont County warrant.
- Joseph Brokenleg, 20, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication and underage consumption of alcohol.
- William Topaum, 36, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication and shoplifting.
- A 72-year-old Riverton woman and a 51-year-old Riverton man each was issued a misdemeanor citation for failure to maintain premises and released with their promise to appear in court at a later date.
- A 16-year-old St. Stephen's boy and a 14-year-old Riverton boy each were issued misdemeanor citations for possession of tobacco by a minor and released with their promise to appear in court at a later date.
- A 56-year-old Riverton man was issued a misdemeanor citation for failure to maintain premises and released with his promise to appear in court at a later date.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Toby Alonzo, 37, of Lander, was arrested for probation violation at about 4:20 p.m. Tuesday at the Fremont County Sheriff's Office in Riverton.
- Michael Mason, 43, of Riverton, was arrested for probation violation at about 4:15 p.m. Tuesday at the Fremont County Sheriff's Office in Riverton.
- Shaniece Headley, 20, was issued a citation for battery against another female inmate at about 9 a.m. Tuesday at the Fremont County Detention Center in Lander.
- A deputy reported a traffic accident involving a Fremont County Sheriff's Office patrol vehicle and a deer at about 6:50 p.m. Tuesday in the 7400 block of Wyoming Highway 789 just south of Lander. No one was injured, and officials said the vehicle was operable after the crash.
- Deputies were called at about 2 a.m. Wednesday to Riverton Memorial Hospital to help a man who was "highly intoxicated" and apparently had been involved in an assault. Officials said the man had not been assaulted but had suffered injuries "consistent with falling down due to intoxication."
- No one was injured during a one-vehicle accident at about 4 a.m. Wednesday on Dodrill Road west of Riverton. The driver and sole occupant of the green 2012 F150 pickup truck involved said he had gone through an intersection too quickly and had struck a fence and a "telephone building" in the area.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 60 calls for service, including two involving motor vehicle accidents with one reporting property damage. County ambulances were dispatched 12 times, and area fire departments responded to three calls for help. Eight people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including four alcohol-related charges and 18 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 149 inmates, including 137 at the facility, seven in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and four elsewhere.
In earlier FCSO reports:
- An employee at a gas station in the 100 block of East Main Street in Lander called law enforcement at about 7 p.m. Saturday to report someone had stolen about $57 in gasoline. The suspect reportedly was driving a red Isuzu truck with no license plates and a dirt bike in the back. Officials were unable to locate the vehicle in question.
- A man on Dalley Road north of Riverton reported finding a firearm in an irrigation ditch at about 3 p.m. Sunday. Officials said the firearm was a $25 handheld BB gun that had been rusted shut and was no longer operable.
- At about 8:20 a.m. Monday, a resident in the 1600 block of North Smith Road north of Riverton reported a hit and run accident that resulted in damage to his fence and mailbox. Damage was estimated at $250; there are no suspects and no leads.
- A 17-year-old Riverton boy was cited for unlawful use of inhalants at about 4:20 p.m. Monday in the 800 block of South Federal Boulevard. Initial reports state the subject was using duster.
- A resident in the 100 block of Prairie Breeze Road west of Riverton reported vandalism at about 8:20 p.m. Monday. According to initial reports, the man returned home and found a window broken.