Nov 1, 2013 - StaffBirths
A daughter was born to Stacie Tidzump and James C'hair, of Riverton, at 9:13 p.m. Oct. 14, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 8 ounces.
A daughter was born to Alynne Whitebuffalo, of Riverton, and Angeloe Dixon, of Los Lunas, N.M., at 8:12 a.m. Oct. 10, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 9 pounds, 1.5 ounces.
"The Merry Wives of Windsor" is at 2:30 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theater at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. Tickets are $8 for adults and $6 for students.
Missoula Children's Theatre Audition is at 3:30 p.m. Nov. 4 in the multipurpose room at Riverton Middle School, 840 Major Ave. The students will perform "Blackbeard the Pirate" at 3 p.m. Nov. 9 at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theater at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. Any student wishing to act or assist in the play must stay at the audition for its entirety, which will take roughly two hours. There is no preparation required for the audition, and there is no fee to participate.
California Guitar Trio and Montreal Guitar Trio Concert is at 7 p.m. at Lander Valley High School auditorium, 400 Baldwin Creek Road.
VFW Ladies Auxiliary 3628 Meeting is at 7 p.m. Nov. 4 at the REACH Foundation, 622 N. Eighth St. W., Riverton. For more information, call 856-4664.
Read Ingredients is at Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave. The group will discuss "The Food of a Younger Land" by Mark Kurlansky. Visit the library for more information and to register for the group.
Joint Labor, Health and Social Services Meeting is Nov. 5 at The Inn at Lander, 260 Grandview Drive. A special section from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. will cover a CMS Section 1115 Waiver, which involves funding of health care services on the Wind River Indian Reservation. Community participation and support is encouraged. Lunch will be provided.
Congressional Field Staff Meeting-Shoshoni is 11 a.m. to noon Nov. 5 at Shoshoni Town Hall, 102 E. Second St. U.S. Sen. Mike Enzi, U.S. Sen. John Barrasso and Congresswoman Cynthia M. Lummis will have their respective field staff members, Kelly Thompson, Pam Buline and Ryan McConnaughey, available to visit with Fremont County residents. Comments and concerns will be relayed to the senators and congresswoman. For questions, call Enzi's office at 261-6572, Barrasso's office at 856-6642 or Lummis's office at 261-6596.
Congressional Field Staff Meeting-Dubois is 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 5 at Dubois Town Hall, 712 Meckem St.
M-pact Concert is 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theater at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for students and senior citizens. The event is part of the center's 30th anniversary.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
J. Felix Coral Benitez from Blanca Selene Ramirez Buenrostro.
Tanya M. Brown from King Brown. Joint custody of minor child.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Marc Cunningham, 34, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence and possession of marijuana early Friday. His blood-alcohol content was recorded at .17.
- Carlos Zazueta, 22, of Riverton, was arrested for assault, interference with police and public intoxication early Friday.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Kenith Blagg, 24, of Rock Springs, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation.
- Karl Fournier, 35, of Riverton, was arrested for driving while under the influence at about 12:45 a.m. Friday in the 1400 block of North Smith Road in Riverton.
- Steven Hays, 59, of Riverton, was arrested for driving while under the influence at about 8:50 p.m. Thursday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard in Riverton.
- Gordon Hines, 25, of Fort Washakie, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation at about 1 p.m. Thursday on Trout Creek Road near Fort Washakie.
- Alta Hughes, 26, of Ethete, was arrested on four Fremont County warrants for failure to appear.
- Phyllis Irwin, 54, of Lander, was arrested for driving while under the influence after she reportedly called law enforcement at about 5 p.m. Thursday from Sunflower Street in Lander. Officials said she had called to report a theft.
- Lavena Laster, 49, of Shoshoni, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation at about 9:20 a.m. Thursday in the 200 block of East Sixth Street.
- Seth Martinsen, 20, of Lander, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for aggravated burglary. Officials said the warrant was issued Thursday, though the burglary was reported Oct. 17. Martinsen is alleged to have burglarized a home northeast of Lander near milepost 86 on Wyoming Highway 789. Four firearms reportedly were taken during the incident. Officials said the investigation led to Martinsen; the charge was for aggravated burglary due to the theft of firearms.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 59 calls for service, and county ambulances were dispatched 13 times. Fifteen people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including five for driving under the influence, two other alcohol-related charges, two felony charges and 22 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 159 inmates, including 147 at the facility, seven in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and four elsewhere.
- Grantor: SECRETARY OF HOUSING & URBAN DEVELOPMENT Legal: Sub/Mine: MILE HIGH SUB REPLAT TRACT 21 RI Lot: 3 City:... Grantee: VREDENBURG MATTHEW
- Groom: MACDONALD JONATHAN PETER Bride: GIBSON WENDY FAYE
- Groom: TIMBANA KILBURN TROY Bride: MONROE LEONA MAE
- Groom: DICKSON DARIN KENNETH Bride: MASER JANELL MARIEE
- Groom: SCHUENEMAN LUCAS ARTHUR Bride: FISHER KATRINA ELAINE Notes: SCHUENEMAN NAME CORRECTED
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.