Nov 5, 2013 - StaffDeaths
Daniel Chester Barrett, 61, of Gillette, died Thursday, Oct. 31. A memorial service was at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 5, at the Gillette Memorial Chapel in Gillette.
William Leighton Peterson, 56, formerly of Lander, died Saturday, Nov. 2, at home in Phoenix, Ariz. Services are pending.
Congressional Field Staff Meeting-Riverton is 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Riverton City Hall, 816 N. Federal Blvd. U.S. Sen. Mike Enzi, U.S. Sen. John Barrasso and Congresswoman Cynthia M. Lummis will have their respective field staff members, Kelly Thompson, Pam Buline and Ryan McConnaughey, available to visit with Fremont County residents.
Congressional Field Staff Meeting-Lander is 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Lander City Hall, 240 Lincoln St.
"Twenty Million People" is at 7:30 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theater at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
Clash of the Titans Basketball Game is Nov. 7 at Great Plains Hall, Arapahoe. The Wind River Hotel and Casino will play against Shoshone Rose Casino in two games. The women's game will begin at 6 p.m. with the men's division beginning at 7 p.m. Admission is $3 for adults and $1 for children. All funds raised during the games will go toward Slots for Tots.
Mothers of Preschoolers Meeting is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the First Baptist Church, 840 N. First St., Riverton. Babysitting will be provided. For more information, call 856-2319.
Parent-Teacher Conference is 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Riverton Middle School, 840 Major Ave. The RMS Book Fair also will continue through the evening.
Jackie and Gary Concert is at 7 p.m. at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave. Event is free.
Jazz Night 1 is at 7:30 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theater at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Paul Bell, 52, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 3:20 p.m. Friday in the 600 block of East Madison Avenue. He was arrested for public intoxication again at about 2 p.m. Monday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Tyvan Chee, 22, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence and failure to appear at about 3:45 p.m. Friday in the 600 block of West Main Street.
- Sherman Quiver, 29, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication at about 6:45 p.m. Friday in the 500 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Ronald Brown, 47, of St. Stephen's, was arrested for public intoxication and open container at about 7:20 p.m. Friday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Yvette Blackburn, 49, of Arapahoe, and Robyn Blackburn, 46, of Arapahoe, each were arrested for criminal entry at about 10:30 p.m. Friday in the 300 block of East Madison Avenue.
- Rochelle Addison, 33, of Ethete, was arrested for driving under the influence with a blood-alcohol content of .11 at about 2:30 a.m. Saturday in the 600 block of West Main Street. With her was Marion Killsenemy, 24, of Riverton, who was arrested for probation revocation.
- Joshua Hartman, 22, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court and on two counts of dog at large at about 1:30 p.m. Saturday in the 600 block of East Jackson Avenue.
- Edward Scerbo, 51, of Shoshoni, was arrested for driving under the influence Sunday.
- Darwin Gambler, 30, of Riverton, was arrested for simple assault, resisting arrest, criminal entry and public intoxication Sunday.
- David Gutierrez-Martin, 18, of Lander, was arrested for minor in possession and public intoxication Sunday.
- Reuben Behan, 27, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court Sunday.
- Marcus Brown, 35, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication Sunday.
- Curtis StillSmoking, 27, of Browning, Mont., was arrested for public intoxication Sunday.
- Wayne Clingman, 36, of Riverton, was arrested on a probation and parole warrant at about 2:45 p.m. Monday in the 600 block of East Madison Avenue.
- Charlene Yellowfox, 48, of Riverton, was arrested on a failure to appear warrant and for public intoxication at about 3:10 p.m. Monday at the Center of Hope alcohol treatment center, 223 W. Adams Ave.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Alvin Kohm, 31, of Casper, was arrested on a warrant out of North Dakota at about 9:45 a.m. Friday on Wyoming Highway 789 near Hudson.
- BobbiJo Magill, 40, of Riverton, was arrested for bond revocation at about 3:30 p.m. Friday in Riverton. Magill reportedly was the subject of two calls to police, with the first made anonymously at about 3:15 p.m. Friday from Gardens North Drive. The second came in at about 3:25 p.m. Friday from the 7300 block of Riverview Road; according to reports, Magill had been involved in a physical altercation and was intoxicated.
- The sheriff's office was looking for a Dubois man Friday in the area of Horse Creek Road after hearing reports that the man had made threats to his own life. Officials said the subject was located around noon Friday without incident; he was taken to Riverton for a mental health evaluation.
- Colten Lane, 24, of Riverton, was arrested for pedestrian under the influence at about 6:15 p.m. Saturday in the 7900 block of U.S. Highway 26 north of Riverton.
- Shawn Pizarro, 41, of Ethete, was arrested for possession of stolen property and no valid driver's license Saturday evening after the vehicle he was driving was the subject of a REDDI report. Deputies said Pizarro was not intoxicated, but the vehicle he was driving had been reported stolen out of Colorado. His passenger, Stella Duran, 20, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for interference with police for reportedly providing a false name to officers; she also was arrested on two Fremont County warrants for failure to appear.
- Michael Olman, 28, of Kinnear, was arrested for child endangering and Danielle Largent, 25, of Kinnear, was arrested for domestic violence battery and child endangering at about 9:15 p.m. Saturday on Lakeview Drive near Kinnear. Largent reportedly had called police to say Oldman had pushed her to the ground three times. When deputies arrived at the scene, they said the home was in disarray and unsafe for the couples' children, ages 10 months to 6 years. The children were taken into protective custody; both adults were found to be intoxicated.
- Officials said they located and dispersed a party involving juveniles at about 10 p.m. Saturday at Morton Lake.
- A vehicle reportedly backed into a Wind River Police Department patrol car at about 7:20 a.m. Sunday in the 900 block of Rendezvous Road. No injuries were recorded.
- No injuries were reported after a two-vehicle traffic accident at about 4:20 p.m. Sunday on Cooper Road in Riverton. According to initial reports, the incident involved two pickup trucks.
- Deputies were called at about 4:20 a.m. Monday to a home on South Pass for a disorderly situation. According to reports, the homeowner had a disagreement with three house guests and had attempted to lock the subjects out of his home. The guests reportedly attempted to break into the house, shattering at least two windows in the process. When deputies arrived, the three people were inside of the home and refused to comply with requests to de-escalate the incident. Two of the subjects --Christian Knezovich, 23, and Kevin Knezovich, 21, both of Rock Springs --were arrested for property destruction and interference with police. The third subject, Sharee Martinez, 19, of Rock Springs, was arrested for underage consumption of alcohol. An investigation into the incident is ongoing.
- Onetta O'Neal, 28, of Lander, was arrested for probation violation.
- Michelle Pierre, 28, of Kinnear, was arrested for driving under the influence and no valid driver's license.
- Christopher Schneider, 47, of Lander, was arrested for driving while under the influence.
- Patricia Strickland, 26, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation at about 8:40 p.m. Monday in the 1400 block of 17 Mile Road.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center has taken 213 calls for service, including three calls involving motor vehicle accidents. County ambulances were dispatched 63 times, and area fire departments responded to 11 calls for help. Forty-four people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including eight for driving under the influence, 16 other alcohol-related charges, one felony charge and 75 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 155 inmates, including 143 at the facility, seven in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and four elsewhere.
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.