A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Nov 6, 2013 - Staff
Funeral services for Don C. Anderson, 87, will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 9, at Davis Funeral Home with Pastor Mark ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
Funeral services for Don C. Anderson, 87, will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 9, at Davis Funeral Home with Pastor Mark Rader of the United Methodist Church officiating. A visitation will be from 9 a.m. until the time of service Saturday.
Tim Despain Pence, 50, formerly of Lander, died Tuesday, July 30, in Forest, Miss.
David Frederick Roach, 60, formerly of Lander, died Monday, May 13, in Alaska. Cremation has taken place. In December, his stepdaughter will scatter his ashes at his favorite snowmobiling spot, and his family will spread the remainder in mid-August at Christina Lake.
Leonard (Lanny) E. Stensaas Jr., 78, of Lander, died Friday, Nov. 1, at home with family by his side. A visitation was Monday, Nov. 4, in the Chapel of Mount Hope at Hudson's Funeral Home in Lander. Funeral services were Tuesday, Nov. 5, in the Chapel of Mount Hope.
Holiday Open House and Trunk Sale is 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Global Arts, 360 Main St., Lander. Free appetizers and refreshments will be available.
34th Annual Community Craft Bazaar is 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Bob Carey Fieldhouse, 400 Baldwin Creek Road, Lander. For more information, call Penny at 332-6006.
Around Town: Native American Art Show Reception is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Middle Fork, 351 Main St., Lander. The collaborative art show represents Native artists mainly from Fremont County.
Free Coffeehouse is at 7 p.m. at the Evangelical Free Church, 1215 U.S. Highway 287, Lander. Enjoy homemade desserts (even gluten-free options), great coffee, tea and cocoa, and uplifting music. All are welcome. For more information, call 332-6767.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Larinda L. Caldwell from Daniel Ottis Caldwell III. Wife's former name of O'Brien restored.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Melanie RedWing, 53, of Riverton, was arrested for resisting arrest at about 1:15 p.m. Tuesday in the 300 block of North Broadway Avenue.
- Marian Arthur, 49, of Denver, was arrested for disturbing the peace at about 3:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Center of Hope, 223 W. Adams Ave.
- Miguel Musalem, 28, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation and driving with a suspended license at about 6 p.m. Tuesday in the 1600 block of East Monroe Avenue.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- No arrests were recorded during this timeframe.
- The Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 53 calls for service. County ambulances were dispatched 14 times, and area fire departments responded to two calls for help. Seven people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including one felony charge and 10 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 155 inmates, including 143 at the facility, seven in substance abuse treatment programs, one in home detention and four elsewhere.