TodayNov 7, 2013 Staff
A son was born to Laura Friday and Kyle Duran, of Lander, at 6:28 p.m. Oct. 27, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 4 pounds, 11 ounces.
A daughter was born to Tiana JealousofHim, of Riverton, at 6:21 a.m. Oct. 20, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 3 ounces.
F. Kathleen Dennis died Wednesday, Nov. 6, at Kindred Nursing and Rehabilitation-Wind River. A funeral service will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 13, in the Chapel of Mount Hope at Hudson's Funeral Home in Lander. Per the family's request, there will be no visitation. Burial will follow in Mount Hope Cemetery.
John Oldman, 72, died Tuesday, Nov. 5, at the Safe Haven Care Facility in Pocatello, Idaho. A wake will be Thursday, Nov. 7, at Great Plains Hall in Arapahoe. Services will be at 10 a.m. Friday, Nov. 8, at Great Plains Hall. Burial will follow at the Oldman family cemetery on Left Hand Ditch Road.
34th Annual Community Craft Bazaar is 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Bob Carey Fieldhouse, 400 Baldwin Creek Road, Lander. For more information, call Penny at 332-6006.
Barn Bums 4-H Club 5K Walk/Run is at 10 a.m. in the front parking lot of Teton Athletic Club, 911 Flag Drive, Riverton. Registration begins at 8 a.m. Cost of the 5K is by donation only. All proceeds go to the Christian Food Store for Thanksgiving food items. Furry friends are welcome. For more information, call Heidi Powell at 850-2659 or Steph Woods at 851-2390.
MetOpera Live: "Tosca" is at 11 a.m. at the Lander Library, 451 N. Second St., Lander. Donations are $10 for adults, $5 for students. Approximate running time is 3 hours, 35 minutes.
Amoco Retirees Reunion is 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the REACH Foundation, 622 N. Eighth St. W., Riverton. Light refreshments will be served, and donations would be appreciated to help with renting the building.
"Blackbeard the Pirate," presented by the Missoula Children's Theatre and Riverton Middle School students, is at 3 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theater at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
Fremont County Orchestra Featuring Richard Dowling is at 7 p.m. at Lander Valley High School, 400 Baldwin Creek Road. Tickets are $10 per person and $20 per family and are available at the door. A reception with refreshments will follow the concert.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Terri Marie Cash from Dustan Gallagher Cash. Joint custody of minor children.
Amber Cunningham from Jeremy Cunningham. Wife granted custody of minor child.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Cora Brown, 30, of Riverton, was arrested for possession of marijuana and methamphetamine at about 11:45 p.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of West Main Street.
- Coretta Brown, 32, of Riverton, and Sistenes Tafoya, 28, of Riverton, each were arrested for delivery of a controlled substance, possession of methamphetamine and conspiracy at about 9 am. Wednesday in the 600 block of West Main Street.
- Steven Amos, 42, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 4:35 p.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of East Pershing Avenue.
- Theodore Bell, 31, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication and on a warrant for contempt of court at about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of East Adams Avenue.
- Bart Molash, 43, of Riverton, was arrested for aggravated assault at about 10:10 p.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of East Madison Avenue.
- Marlissa Wells, 20, of Ethete, was arrested for driving under the influence early Thursday.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Valerie Means, 30, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 6:15 p.m. Wednesday at the Fremont County Sheriff's Office, 818 S. Federal Blvd.
- A horse died as the result of a traffic accident at about 6:40 p.m. Wednesday in the 500 block of 8 Mile Road west of Riverton. A motorist had called to report a single brown horse on the road at about 6:25 p.m. Wednesday. A deputy was en route to the scene when another driver called police to report hitting the animal with a 1996 Bonneville. At 6:45 p.m., the woman said the horse was dead. The animal's owner reportedly was located and advised of the incident. No injuries were reported.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 60 calls for service, including two involving motor vehicle accidents. County ambulances were dispatched 15 times. Eight people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including one for driving under the influence, four other alcohol-related charges, seven felony charges and nine misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 151 inmates, including 139 at the facility, seven in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and four elsewhere.
- Grantor: ADAMS CHERYL ANN CO PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVE, LESEBERG KENNETH CO REPRESENTIVE, PETERSON CHARLES F ESTATE OF Legal: Quarter: SESW Section: 1 Township: 41N Range: 107W Grantee: ANDRES ELTON D , ANDREW CAROL A
- Grantor: SCHUELKE LESLIE L Legal: Sub/Mine: MC LAUGHLIN ADD RI Lot: 8 Block: 6 City: RIVE... Grantee: RICHARDSON PRESTON
- Grantor: JOHNSON EVA JO Legal: Sub/Mine: HALF MOON ACRES RI Lot: 5 City: RIVERTON, Sub/Mine: HALF MOON ACRES RI Lot: 6 City: RIVERTON Grantee: VERLANIC JAKE, VERLANIC SHAUNA M Notes: WITH 1/2 INTEREST IN EXISTING WATER WELL
- Groom: MOORE JESS OLAN Bride: THORNLEY TACY NICOLE
- Groom: FRANCWAY CARL EDWARD Bride: SENN ALISHA DAWN MARIE
- Groom: SIMPSON JOSEPH MICHAEL Bride: ADAMS SARAH ROSE