News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Nov 8, 2013 - Staff
A daughter was born to MaKayla Strom, of Hudson, and Austin Gies, of Riverton, at 5:53 p.m. Oct. 20, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 8 ounces.
A son was born to Lindsey and Brandon Haun, of Riverton, at 10:46 p.m. Oct. 18, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 11 ounces.
Robert Frank Bolding, 82, of Riverton, died Tuesday, Nov. 5, at his home. Cremation will take place. A graveside service will be at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 13, in Mountain View Cemetery with full military honors. Arrangements are under the direction of Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
Trinity Lutheran School Annual Mexican Dinner is at 5 p.m. at the James H. Moore Career Center, Riverton. Event will include silent and live auctions. Tickets are $8 for a taco plate and $12 for a full dinner.
Sunnyside Church of the Nazarene Veterans Day Service is at 10:30 a.m. in Kinnear. All veterans are invited and will be recognized during the service, which includes patriotic music and will be followed by a dinner.
Veterans Day Powwow is at noon in Arapahoe. The community feast is at noon, dancer registration is at 4 p.m. and the grand entry is at 6 p.m. All dancers and drummers are welcome. The event is open to the public.
Fremont County Historical Society Meeting is at 1 p.m. at Hudson Town Hall, 333 S. Main St., Hudson. The program will present the past and present of the Daughters of the American Revolution. Lunch will include turkey and the fixings. Attendees should bring a side dish. For more information, call 332-9499.
Lander Care and Share Food Bank Open House is 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at 281 Garfield St., Lander. A program will be at 3 p.m. Light refreshments will be provided. The food bank is celebrating 30 years of service and five years of being in its new building.
Veterans Day Breakfast-Fort Washakie is at 7 a.m. at Rocky Mountain Hall.
Veterans Day Breakfast-Lander is at 7 a.m. at the Veterans of Foreign Wars, 11 Tweed Lane. Volunteers should meet at 6 a.m. at the hall.
Veterans Day Breakfast-Riverton is at 7 a.m. at First Baptist Church, 840 N. First St.
Veterans Day Lunch-Lander is at 11 a.m. at the Veterans of Foreign Wars, 11 Tweed Lane.
Veterans Day Parade and Chili Feed is at 11 a.m. in Riverton. The parade will begin at the Bank of the West, 123 E. Main St., and end at the First Baptist Church, 840 N. First St. The chili feed will be at noon at the church. Event is open to the public.
Veterans Day Program and Reception is at 11:45 a.m. at Wind River High School, 1994 Cougar Drive, Pavillion.
Veterans Day Assembly is at 1 p.m. Nov. 11 at Arapahoe School. Veterans are invited to a lunch from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. For more information, call 856-9333.
Veterans Day Powwow is at 1 p.m. in Arapahoe. Grand entry is at 1 p.m. and veteran honoring will be at 4 p.m. All dancers and drummers are welcome.
The Hanson Family Concert is at 7 p.m. at Frasatti Hall, 275 N. Third St., Lander. The hourlong concert includes patriotic fiddle tunes, yodeling and harmony. Round dancing will follow. A free will offering will be accepted.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Robert D. Daffron from Kelli E. Daffron. Joint custody of minor children.
Stanley Francis Davis Sr. from Debra Lynn Davis. Wife's former name of Shuler restored.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- No arrests were recorded during this timeframe.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Talisse Fightingbear, 22, of Riverton, was arrested for breach of peace at about 2:40 a.m. Friday in the 200 block of Plum Alley in Pavillion. Initial reports state she was intoxicated at a home in the area.
- Shane Gamble, 41, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence battery at about 5:30 p.m. Thursday on Little Valley Court north of Riverton. Initial reports state his wife reported the abuse.
- Joshua Keele, 27, of Riverton, was arrested for use of a controlled substance and possession of stolen property at about 4:20 p.m. Thursday in Pebble Drive west of Riverton. Initial reports state Keele was involved in the theft of copper wire.
- Aaron Miracle, 40, of Dubois, was arrested for bond revocation.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 50 calls for service, including one involving a motor vehicle accident. County ambulances were dispatched 13 times, and area fire departments responded to three calls for help. Four people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including five misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 144 inmates, including 133 at the facility, six in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and four elsewhere.
- Grantor: COOPER JEREMY L, COOPER BARBARA L Legal: Sub/Mine: PLEASANT VIEW ADD RI Lot: 3 Block: 5 City: RI... Grantee: RODDA LORI ANN
- Grantor: LOGAN RICHARD E, LOGAN CYNTHIA D Legal: Sub/Mine: HALF MOON ACRES RI Lot: 5 City: RIVERTON Grantee: JOHNSON EVA JO
- Grantor: MILLER JONATHON P, MILLER JILLIAN GRACE Legal: Quarter: SENE Section: 22 Township: 3n Range: 3e Grantee: TACKETT DENNIS EUGENE
- Grantor: BOWMAN KEITH R TRUSTEE, BOWMAN JANE S TRUSTEE, BOWMAN JANE S LIVING TRUST Legal: Section: 2 Township: 33N Range: 99W Lot: 4 Grantee: DENNIS SHAWN A, DENNIS VERONICA G
- Groom: RODRIGUEZ ORLANDO WAIHINANO Bride: RANDALL KYLA RAE
- Groom: ROSENBERGER JOSHUA PETER Bride: GOODMAN NICOLE LAREE
- Groom: HEISER JOHN JAROSLAV Bride: HILLMAN LAURA KAYE
- Groom: COOPER JEFFERY CARLTON II Bride: TREHEARNE CHELSEY FAY