A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Apr 3, 2012 - Staff
Ricky E. Bunn, 58, died Sunday, April 1, at his home in Riverton. No services will be held at this time. Inurnment will be ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
Ricky E. Bunn, 58, died Sunday, April 1, at his home in Riverton. No services will be held at this time. Inurnment will be in the Oregon Trail National Cemetery in Evansville. Online obituaries are available and condolences for the family may be made at www.theDavisFuneralHome.com.
Harold Burroughs, 84, of Lander, died Sunday, April 1, at Help for Health Hospice Home in Riverton. Services are pending through the Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
Alice Buynie, 91, of Riverton, died Monday, April 2, at Wind River Healthcare in Riverton. Funeral services are at 10 a.m. Friday, April 6, at the Davis Funeral Home of Riverton. Memorials may be made to a charity of the donor's choice.
Bruce E. Dannaldson, 62, died Wednesday, March 28, following a long illness. Among his survivors is his wife, Katie, of Shoshoni.
Scott J. Hines 33, of Longmont, Colo., died Thursday, March 29, in Riverton. Memorial services are at 1 p.m. Saturday, April 7, at the First Assembly of God Church in Riverton. Cremation has taken place. Online condolences may be made at www.thedavisfuneralhome.com.
Cecelia Velarde, 81, died Wednesday, March 28, at Westward Heights Nursing Home in Lander. Memorial services were Tuesday, April 3, at The Holy Rosary Catholic Church in Lander. Inurnment will be at Mount Hope Cemetery in Lander at a later date. A rosary was Monday at the Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church in Fort Washakie. Memorials may be made in her name to Amedisys, 230 N. First St., Lander, WY 82520.
Bear, Lion and Wolf Safety Seminar is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Wyoming Game and Fish Office, Lander. The purpose of this seminar is to increase awareness and understanding of bears, mountain lions and wolves by providing participants with current information and tools they can use to prevent conflicts and avoid dangerous encounters. Event is free. For more information, call 1-800-654-7862 or 332-2688.
Friends of the Library Book Sale is 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave.
Free Tax Help is 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. in room 157 of Central Wyoming College's Main Hall (formerly the Classroom Wing). Former and current CWC accounting and income tax students will provide free help preparing 2011 taxes to taxpayers who cannot afford professional assistance. The students of accounting instructor Willie Noseep are providing the help through April 4.
To add an event to the community calendar, please e-mail the information to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "community calendar"R00;in the subject line.
In Riverton police reports from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- Otto Oldman, 34, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication, interfering with a police officer and assault on a police officer. RPD Capt. C.T. Smith said Oldman spat in an officer's face while fighting.
- Fredrick Sherman, 31, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Doug Bigmedicine, 34, of St. Stephen's, was arrested on a municipal court warrant and for indecent exposure. Capt. Smith said Bigmedicine attempted to urinate in public when stopped by an officer.
- Randy Mckenzie, 40, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence (DUI).
- Nellie Sittingeagle, 27, of Riverton, was arrested on a municipal court warrant.
- Marissa Brown, 18, of St. Stephen's, was arrested for minor under the influence of alcohol (MIP) and breech of peace.
- Tamara Medicinecloud, 18, of Ethete, was arrested for MIP and breech of peace.
- John Chavez, 29, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Eldon Antelope, 47, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Jonathan Reyos, 21, of Riverton, was arrested for DUI.
- Houston Headley, 43, of the Wind River Indian Reservation, was arrested on warrants for contempt of court.
- Delin Dewey, 37, a transient, was arrested for theft and pedestrian under the influence.
- Gerald Sittingeagle, 49, a transient, was arrested for public intoxication.
In Fremont County Sheriff's reports from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- Kelly Baker, 26, of Lander, was arrested for contempt of court.
- Claude Duran, 25, of Arapahoe, was arrested for failure to appear.
- Pauline Oldman, 33, of Lander, was arrested for contempt of court.
- Tylor Rogers, 21, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for larceny.
- Jess Walthers, 23, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for larceny.
- Derek Kelley, 42, of Byers, Colo., was arrested for bond revocation.
- During the same time period, ambulance crews responded to 51 calls and firefighters were dispatched 17 times.