A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Nov 12, 2013 - Staff
In Sunday's Ranger, the page five story about the Central Wyoming College Foundation's 13th Annual Oktoberfest should have said the ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
In Sunday's Ranger, the page five story about the Central Wyoming College Foundation's 13th Annual Oktoberfest should have said the event raised roughly $20,000 through the raffle, donation and subsequent auction of a 1964 Ford Thunderbird, but the overall fundraising total topped $40,000.
Melvin "Mel" Hitshew, 76, died Sunday, Nov. 10, at Wyoming Medical Center in Casper. Cremation has taken place, and no services will be held.
Duke Leroy Perry died Sunday, Nov. 10. A visitation will begin at 5 p.m. and last all night Thursday, Nov. 14, in the family home at 1550 Paintbrush Loop Road, Fort Washakie. A second visitation will be at 10 a.m. Friday, Nov. 15, at Rocky Mountain Hall in Fort Washakie with the funeral services to begin at noon also in Rocky Mountain Hall. Burial will follow in the Sacajawea Cemetery.
June Ardeth Smail, of Lander, died Saturday, Nov. 9, in Lander. A visitation will be 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 15, in the Chapel of Mount Hope at Hudson's Funeral Home, Lander. A funeral service will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 16, also at Hudson's Funeral Home.
Joan A. Spoonhunter, 71, of Riverton, died Saturday, Nov. 9, at Kindred Nursing and Rehabilitation-Wind River. A rosary will be at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 12, at St. Stephen's Catholic Church. A wake will follow at the Spoonhunter home, 897 17 Mile Road. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 13, at the church with burial to follow at the Spoonhunter Cemetery.
Tamara Matilda Timbana, 27, died Sunday, Nov. 10, following an automobile accident. Traditional Indian funeral services will be at noon Thursday, Nov. 14, at Rocky Mountain Hall with Harrison Shoyo Jr. and Arlen Shoyo officiating. An evening service will be at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 12, at the Verlon Timbana residence, 10 Granite Drive, Boulder Flats. A wake will be at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 13, at Rocky Mountain Hall in Fort Washakie. Interment will be in the Friday Cemetery in Ethete.
Theodore "Teddy" Washington, 60, died Monday, Nov. 11, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 16, at St. Stephen's Catholic Church. Interment will follow at the Arapaho Catholic Cemetery in St. Stephen's. A rosary will be at 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 15, at the Leo Addison Residence, 750 Rendezvous Road, with a wake to follow. Services are under the direction of Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
Ambassador Marc Wall Presentation is 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. in the Fremont Room at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. Wall, the U.S. Pacific Command's foreign policy adviser and a former U.S. ambassador to Chad, is the senior visiting scholar in global studies at the University of Wyoming.
Educational Video Series is at 1 p.m. at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave. The series is sponsored in part by Amedisys Home Health and Hospice. The first video, "Having the Conversation," is a moving look at the importance of discussing and understanding end-of-life decisions. For more information, call the library at 856-3556.
Second Grade Concert is at 6 p.m. at Ashgrove School in Riverton.
Central Wyoming College Foundation Scholarship Reception is 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
Gordon Lightfoot Tribute/Gary Brant Concert is at 7 p.m. the Headwaters Arts and Conference Center, 20 Stalnaker St., Dubois.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Carlene Headley, 52, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 10:30 p.m. Friday in the 200 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- David Varney, 37, of Riverton, was arrested for burglary and assault at about 1:30 a.m. Sunday in the 100 block of South Broadway Avenue.
- Marcus Brown, 35, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 9:20 a.m. Monday in the 800 block of East Adams Avenue.
- Adrian C'Bearing, 35, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 1:30 p.m. Monday at Riverton Memorial Hospital.
- Charlene Yellowfox, 48, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 2:20 p.m. Monday in the 500 block of East Pershing Avenue.
- Steven Amos, 42, of Riverton, and Benjamin Ridgley, 57, of Ethete, both were arrested for public intoxication at about 4 p.m. Monday on the bike path near Pure Gas Road.
- Cody Ives, 18, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence and open container after midnight Tuesday morning.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Ryan Beron, 25, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 2:30 p.m. Sunday in the 300 block of Mercantile Street in Dubois.
- Andrew Davey, 28, of Lander, was arrested for probation violation.
- Daniel Shipley, 51, of Kinnear, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation violation at about 3 p.m. Sunday on Lakeview Drive in Kinnear.
- Edward Soundingsides, 29, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 5:30 p.m. Saturday in the 2000 block of East Adams Avenue in Riverton.
- Michael Starks, 48, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for driving under the influence at about 9 a.m. Monday in the 900 block of West Main Street in Riverton.
- Carita Stimmel, 25, of Riverton, was arrested for battery at about 8:30 p.m. Saturday on Snowberry Lane north of Riverton. The victim reportedly was a 59-year-old woman who called police to say she had been "beat up" and that her chest was starting to hurt.
- The Riverton Volunteer Fire Department responded to reports of an abandoned building on fire at about 4:15 p.m. Saturday in the 900 block of East Monroe Avenue. Officials said no one was injured, and no damage was recorded.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 184 calls for service, including two involving motor vehicle accidents. County ambulances were dispatched 61 times, and area fire departments responded to seven calls for help. Twenty-six people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including four for driving under the influence, eight other alcohol-related charges, six felony charges and 38 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 156 inmates, including 144 at the facility, six in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and five elsewhere.