Menu


Dogs perish in Sunday house fire on Broadway

Feb 9, 2016 By Katie Roenigk, Staff Writer

A Fremont County Sheriff's deputy was treated at the hospital for smoke inhalation.

Three dogs died in a structure fire that caused ...


There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!

A fire shortly before 8 p.m. Sunday drew the Riverton Volunteer Fire Department to a house on North Broadway in Riverton. No one was home at the time, but three dogs were trapped inside and died from smoke inhalation. Smoke damage was considerable, and RVFD is pictured here using a large exhaust fan to pull smoke from the building. Firefighters on scene suspected a cooking mishap or appliance malfunction, but the incident remains under investigation. The Red Cross reports that a family of three was displaced. Photo by Steve Peck

A fire shortly before 8 p.m. Sunday drew the Riverton Volunteer Fire Department to a house on North Broadway in Riverton. No one was home at the time, but three dogs were trapped inside and died from smoke inhalation. Smoke damage was considerable, and RVFD is pictured here using a large exhaust fan to pull smoke from the building. Firefighters on scene suspected a cooking mishap or appliance malfunction, but the incident remains under investigation. The Red Cross reports that a family of three was displaced. Photo by Steve Peck


A fire shortly before 8 p.m. Sunday drew the Riverton Volunteer Fire Department to a house on North Broadway in Riverton. No one was home at the time, but three dogs were trapped inside and died from smoke inhalation. Smoke damage was considerable, and RVFD is pictured here using a large exhaust fan to pull smoke from the building. Firefighters on scene suspected a cooking mishap or appliance malfunction, but the incident remains under investigation. The Red Cross reports that a family of three was displaced. Photo by Steve Peck

A fire shortly before 8 p.m. Sunday drew the Riverton Volunteer Fire Department to a house on North Broadway in Riverton. No one was home at the time, but three dogs were trapped inside and died from smoke inhalation. Smoke damage was considerable, and RVFD is pictured here using a large exhaust fan to pull smoke from the building. Firefighters on scene suspected a cooking mishap or appliance malfunction, but the incident remains under investigation. The Red Cross reports that a family of three was displaced. Photo by Steve Peck

Read The Ranger...
2018-06-22

TAGS: